Economy How to survive the upcoming Coronavirus Recession/Depression

Yeah, let everyone know you have valuable stuff you want to protect desparately.

Kind of hard to hide a fruit tree. Red apples are like a beacon and my tree gave me a ton last year.

I'm not too worried about the unprepared.

Last edited:
I really don’t know what I’ll do if this drags out. My wife and I had quite the fight with our daughter who seems to be her own worst enemy. She’s out of work now( restaurant industry ) and rents a condo and won’t discuss asking her landlord to get out of her lease a few months early. She bought a new car against our advice as we tried to get her to buy used instead but that wasn’t good enough for her.
So now she is stuck in a place she can’t afford with a car she can’t afford and doesn’t seem to want to advocate for herself . She is stubborn as the rudder on the titanic at this point. I guess we failed her in that regard idk. We really aren’t financially well off enough to float her through other than moving her home and paying her car payments but it angers me that her immaturity with money has to hit me in the wallet especially when we are also getting hit hard.

She used to be very responsible then she just turned into one of these pie in the sky millennials that has zero clue how the world can and just changed on a dime. I’m sure I’m not even close to the only one going through this and my venting is in no way a poor me story.

I find myself in this time of complete upheaval wishing that I didn’t have any kids to worry about or that at the very least they were young enough that I could take control to protect them from themselves right now. The uncertainty is astounding as we all can attest to. We are all in the same sinking ship and it seems like some are bailing with tea cups and some are drilling more holes in the hull.

You can sale home made hand sanitizer door to door.

I really don’t know what I’ll do if this drags out. My wife and I had quite the fight with our daughter who seems to be her own worst enemy. She’s out of work now( restaurant industry ) and rents a condo and won’t discuss asking her landlord to get out of her lease a few months early. She bought a new car against our advice as we tried to get her to buy used instead but that wasn’t good enough for her.
So now she is stuck in a place she can’t afford with a car she can’t afford and doesn’t seem to want to advocate for herself . She is stubborn as the rudder on the titanic at this point. I guess we failed her in that regard idk. We really aren’t financially well off enough to float her through other than moving her home and paying her car payments but it angers me that her immaturity with money has to hit me in the wallet especially when we are also getting hit hard.

She used to be very responsible then she just turned into one of these pie in the sky millennials that has zero clue how the world can and just changed on a dime. I’m sure I’m not even close to the only one going through this and my venting is in no way a poor me story.

I find myself in this time of complete upheaval wishing that I didn’t have any kids to worry about or that at the very least they were young enough that I could take control to protect them from themselves right now. The uncertainty is astounding as we all can attest to. We are all in the same sinking ship and it seems like some are bailing with tea cups and some are drilling more holes in the hull.

I have to think there will be alot of millennials moving back home

My wife's 2 cousins both moved back home and they both still have jobs

Let the bear market run its course and put some of that cash I have set aside to work.

Wait for oil industry and local economy to completely crater and then I'll be looking for a considerable upgrade to my home.

Just keep working hard growing my buisiness. Not too worried about recession personally.

Not really doing anything different other than working from home tbh. Got another kid on the way so we were already pretty much staying in for the most part. Probably just going to invest more in the market. Lots of attractive high yielding stocks to choose from. If real estate does crash I’ll just get a bigger home.

Lol. You do understand credit markets are frozen, right? And refinancing and taking equity out of your home are not the same.

You can not just call up and take money out of your house dumb ass. You can not really be this stupid. Oh wait

He doesn't know any of that. He larps as a restauranteur.

I think we should turn this thread into one about the importance of community gardens. How about the government put 10 billion into that shit? Talk about bringing the community together...........

Id be down for that. I think things need to be more localized in general whenever possible. I offer people without any lawn space to use my yard for a garden. No takers yet.

Id be down for that. I think things need to be more localized in general whenever possible. I offer people without any lawn space to use my yard for a garden. No takers yet.

Is your lawn a wifi deadspot? If so, you've got your answer as to why nobody is coming. The purpose of gardening is taking pictures of your gardening.

Well, it it gets bad enough, I'll take to money laundering, Credit card hacking and selling White China heroin. If it REALLY comes down to it, I guess I'll have to start killing homeless people and selling their organs on the dark web. I'm quite entrepreneurial if I have to be.

Last edited:
When you look at pictures from the 1900s-1950s, do you ever wonder why men from the older generation look 10-20 years older than their actual age and have the face that seen some real shit?

Looking forward to see the depressed and boney no smile faced millenials (probably me soon) and gen Z’s with greedy ol attitudes. History repeats itself..

Last edited:
When you look at pictures from the 1900s-1950s, do you ever wonder why men from the older generation look 10-20 years older than their actual age and have the face that seen some real shit?

Looking forward to see the depressed and boney no smile faced millenials (probably me soon) and gen Z’s with greedy ol attitudes. History repeats itself..

At the turn of the century the only moisturizer available to men was the pussy juices of their wives or the cows they helped give birth to.

Times were tough, or wet. Whatever.

All one can do is stay calm and be prepared. The blame game isn’t going to help you with anything

The only certainty here is in 9 months there are going to be a shit ton of babies
Great a shit ton of babies from people who make crap money in the service industry

My wife’s company just announced they’ll be closing all of their stores and laying off the staff for the time being. Unfortunately when they bought disaster insurance they didn’t spring for pandemics (apparently it’s an add on) so she’s filing for unemployment now. Luckily my income will be enough to see us through. Hopefully we can weather the storm as a business.

Which leads me to my next piece of advice: the temptation to become a full blown alcoholic will be high. In the same vein as staying healthy and working out, don’t drink yourself into a stupor. I’ll be keeping myself to three glasses of whiskey tonight. And probably a beer because god damn.

I belong to the biggest gang in the world so I think we will be okay.

My wife’s company just announced they’ll be closing all of their stores and laying off the staff for the time being. Unfortunately when they bought disaster insurance they didn’t spring for pandemics (apparently it’s an add on) so she’s filing for unemployment now. Luckily my income will be enough to see us through. Hopefully we can weather the storm as a business.

Which leads me to my next piece of advice: the temptation to become a full blown alcoholic will be high. In the same vein as staying healthy and working out, don’t drink yourself into a stupor. I’ll be keeping myself to three glasses of whiskey tonight. And probably a beer because god damn.

Alcoholism has always been a nice comfort for me in hard times. You should try it

Alcoholism has always been a nice comfort for me in hard times. You should try it

I’m more worried it’ll be a big asshole during the good times.

seriously though, I used to drink too much and it put a strain on my marriage and personal relationships. I don’t recommend it.

Great a shit ton of babies from people who make crap money in the service industry

Hahaha yeah, here in Florida there’s always an uptick in pregnancies after hurricanes cause nobody has anything to do.....I’m imagining that x 50

Back