Economy How to survive the upcoming Coronavirus Recession/Depression

I started collecting bottle caps Weeks ago
The candy? That shit is awesome. I can never remember if I like the cola or the root beer best until I do a side-by-side, though.

On a serious note, a couple things I would urge anyone to do tomorrow. First, if you're still working and have a 401k and hopefully even a match up to a certain %, try to up that if you can. What you're contributing. Until it hurts. Find a way to get by after moving up your contribution another 5% or 10% and leave it there going forward. Especially you younger folks who will get raises and such going forward as the market climbs back up, this will be a huge win for you.

Secondly, since I've already got mine, aside from all your other "prepping", make sure you go out and get some quality vegetable seeds. Just in case. They last a while and though it's unlikely you'll need them, better safe than sorry. Home Depot still has plenty as of yesterday.

Stay safe.

Last edited:
Anyone seeing any value in the market?

Was actually eyeing BA(Boeing)

Been holding a chunk of COST(Costco) for many years and may add more

Amazon I think.

...and back to the spirit of this thread. I figured I'd start getting into canning/pressure canning. I know I'm a little late to the party, but my dad's generation was almost entirely independent. Grew their own food and hunted for their own meat, bartered with what little they did have - that was only ~70 years ago.

So, I figured I'd get back into hunting and start a hydroponic garden. I'm imagining times are gonna get pretty tough.

I was talking with friends and family about that last summer. We were talking about how none of us cans veggies and how that's pretty weak.
Grew up hunting, watched mom and every aunt, great aunt and grandma fill shelves with green beans, pickles, stewed tomatoes and whatever the hell else. Dropping the rack down into the hot water to seal them up.
I rarely hunt nowadays and we never do any canning of vegetables. I would literally have to read up on that to even do it. In fact, I think I have the pots/mason jar racks here in my downstairs pantry to do it. Sitting idle.
I'm certain I can still hunt/skin/butcher game just fine as I've done that through the years, even if not as often as I used to.

Last edited:
- If you can, reach out to the elderly and/or disabled and offer help.
- Stock up on groceries, especially frozen, that can make multiple meals or ones that leave a good amount of leftovers.
- Make your bed every day. Clean or reorganize stuff. Do workouts in your home. Things that help you feel like you accomplished something.
- Play video games, do puzzles, get a lego set, etc.
- Enjoy the alone time with your wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend and reconnect. You won't get time like this often.
- Finish up those things around the house you always meant to do but haven't.

We've also decided to just stop eating out(including take out). The amount of money we were spending was ridiculous. That shit is done. Plus it forces my daughter to eat at least somewhat healthier
If you can afford it, eat out once in a while. The people in the restaurant industry are really going to suffer. I know the restaurants here aren't allowed to have any dine in customers or a bar. That sucks for the owners as well as the employees there that relied on customers dining in and drinking.

I hope Congress' stimulus Package does enough to help the small business owners and workers as they would for large corporations and llcs.

- Enjoy the alone time with your wife/girlfriend or husband/boyfriend and reconnect. You won't get time like this often.

lol i just told the wife she doesn't know how to be a women.

4 awesome hours of peaceful quiet bliss iv had.

....hmm I see you’re a man that likes to live dangerously

Last edited:
Just planted some beets, turnips, and kale. Asparagus is already coming up. Berry plants are waking up. Hopefully my fruit trees do something this year. Now i need to stop people from stealing my fucking food. It was bad last year with no pandemic.

Just planted some beets, turnips, and kale. Asparagus is already coming up. Berry plants are waking up. Hopefully my fruit trees do something this year. Now i need to stop people from stealing my fucking food. It was bad last year with no pandemic.

I think we should turn this thread into one about the importance of community gardens. How about the government put 10 billion into that shit? Talk about bringing the community together...........

No, that would be very...freaky

I say your name when I'm usually walking... It calms me to think of my friends and their well being...

Ha ha that made me laugh really hard. Great stuff.

I say your name when I'm usually walking... It calms me to think of my friends and their well being...

I usually say their names under my breath then take my right index finger and spell their names in the air.

Never fails to bring a smile to my face. Especially while using the bidet

I usually say their names under my breath then take my right index finger and spell their names in the air.

Never fails to bring a smile to my face. Especially while using the bidet

Doubt I'll be buying barbed or razor wire since it's illegal in residential areas.

I'm going to hammer nails into planks of wood and then nail the plank to the fence. kind of like this:

6484904179173673ebeb9879f57cb93d--apocalypse-survival-zombie-apocalypse.jpg

36303434_01.jpg

Doubt I'll be buying barbed or razor wire since it's illegal in residential areas.

I'm going to hammer nails into planks of wood and then nail the plank to the fence. kind of like this:

6484904179173673ebeb9879f57cb93d--apocalypse-survival-zombie-apocalypse.jpg

36303434_01.jpg
Yeah, let everyone know you have valuable stuff you want to protect desparately.

We survive this by preventing it from even happening by getting the economy up and running again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back