Economy How to survive the upcoming Coronavirus Recession/Depression

SBJJ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So. We have a couple of different CV threads. One for strictly breaking news. The other to discuss/critique the Gov response.

While we fight and bicker like married couples. This site is filled with intelligent people on both sides. I think we should have a thread to discuss the best ways to survive or even, yes profit from the upcoming downturn in the economy. Again, this is about getting through the aftermath of the virus. From the Stock market, to cutting bills/costs, to housing or real estate. Try to help each other out so we can make it through this tough period.

PLEASE no political bickering. Try to be helpful.

Will post some of what I'm doing and planning a bit later.

Good Luck everyone and stay safe and healthy!

Last edited:
Big ass bag of good rice, chickpeas.

A bidet toilet attachment $50

Shopped around and was able to reduce my Bills by 300 a month. Cable/internet, cell service, car insurance.

Was in mostly cash besides COST stock. But just started nibbling on AMZN, NFLX and a couple small biotechs that are just a gamble.

I believe real estate is the next shoe to drop and am preparing to buy the home my wife has always wanted. Nothing crazy, just a nice cozy home.

I am not a fan of Central banks.

With that said, they are our only hope now, and we all just became a experiment in modern monetary theory.

Inflation is coming. Not much we can do about that now.

Hopefully a contracting economy will give us the relief we need in housing costs, and energy costs to offset some of the inflation that will arise.

For the first time I'm glad our economic system is built on a bed of manipulation, and fraud. It is actually helpful that reality doesn't dictate economics right now.

It’s alarming how many people live paycheck to paycheck.

All one can do is stay calm and be prepared. The blame game isn’t going to help you with anything

The only certainty here is in 9 months there are going to be a shit ton of babies

getting rid of all cable, and home phone landline, and lowering the quality of internet.

my bill of 305 is down to 70.

I have a leased Jeep Grand Cherokee that I will give back when it’s up at the end of the year. I still have an old 1994 dodge Dakota super charger with 122k miles and no carburetor that I’ll use until it goes. Then I’ll drive a shit car I find.

being unemployed fucking sucks. sucks. I should have a job and all again, but I don’t know how soon or if it’ll be comparable pay.

my buddy sells boilers and said he’d pay me 15 bucks an hour to clean out their little warhorse which will give me a month or so of pay. Maybe his company can find other menial work for me to do. Very happy with that solid favor

Now you listen here sonny. I don’t know why you ain’t got no job, but now ain’t them time fer lecturin, it’s time fer, helpin.

But seriously, take the boiler job. In the next week learn everything you can about doing baseboard heating with modern pex tubing plumbing.

You cut off the old line after the boiler. Put a sharkbite (you need to look up their product, push together plumbing) connector on, attach it to the new Pex tubing. All splits and connections are done using push together parts and little metal crimps.

You can do the rest of the study yourself, but my point is this. If you go in there at least knowing SOMETHING, maybe you’ll be useful to keep around. All the other plumbing in the house works with this as well, but it’s too much to study this quick. Learn hydronic baseboard heater install using Pex plumbing, crimps, and sharkbite connectors.

Good luck.

getting rid of all cable, and home phone landline, and lowering the quality of internet.

my bill of 305 is down to 70.

I have a leased Jeep Grand Cherokee that I will give back when it’s up at the end of the year. I still have an old 1994 dodge Dakota super charger with 122k miles and no carburetor that I’ll use until it goes. Then I’ll drive a shit car I find.

being unemployed fucking sucks. sucks. I should have a job and all again, but I don’t know how soon or if it’ll be comparable pay.

my buddy sells boilers and said he’d pay me 15 bucks an hour to clean out their little warhorse which will give me a month or so of pay. Maybe his company can find other menial work for me to do. Very happy with that solid favor

Best to you brother and I think you are doing the right things.

All one can do is stay calm and be prepared. The blame game isn’t going to help you with anything

The only certainty here is in 9 months there are going to be a shit ton of babies

Shit if anybody is prepared here it’s you. You must die laughing when people complain one week into the apocalypse.

Went out and got 9 house plants, some big some small.
Figured it will be therapeutic at a time like this.

Wonder how hard it would be to take equity out of your house at the moment. I'm assuming it would probably be tough.

I predict a haircut of at least 30% for housing in the near term

Back