How to pronounce "Iaquinta" the right way

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score

I've seen the MMA community struggling to pronounce his name...

Iaquinta is an Italian name and it's pronounced "Yaquinta" not " Ayaquinta"

Thank you and I hope you learned something today

Last edited:
Shut up nerd.

That Iaquinta will make more money in a year than Al will make in his lifetime.

la-quinta-exterior-day-16x9.jpg

I've seen the MMA community struggling to pronounce his name...

Iaquinta is an Italian name and it's pronounced "Yaquinta" not " Ayaquinta"

Thank you and I hope you learned something today

You should tell Al.

Ayaquinta?? Now thats just egregious.

I understand there some confusion between Ya-queen-tah and Ya-keen-tah, but anything else is just bizarre

Ive been wondering about jacares opponent this weekend though...
Is it Herma's-son or Her-man-son ??

{<shrug}

You know what? I like "Aye - a - quinta " better .... it sounds more Italian (which makes me wonder) and has a better ring to it so - there.
It's almost like when Dustin called khabibby last year and khabib weeks later (or was it daniel?) on UFC tonight reminded everyone its Ha- bib. Trivial I know, but I like riding with khabibby.....just sounds-- well...... cool. Idk.

Thank you t.s for the heads up, though.

Region blocked, but i take that would be the announcer saying his name right?

I cant trust that. Buffer has pronounced names wrong before. Titos "soraldo babalu" and many other cases before.

Until i hear from him, or someone who tells you they confirmed with him directly, im not 100% sure

Region blocked? WTF, that sucks. It's a WMMA fight and she's from Sweden, so maybe they are related. Try Youtube. They did pronounce it like "Her-Manson" though (i.e. Charles Manson, Marilyn Manson).

Khabib was saying "ya-kweenta" the whole time and everyone was making fun of him. Turns out he was right and everybody else was pronouncing it the wrong way.

You would think that Al himself would have said something along time ago if his name was being pronounced incorrect. Maybe he just doesn’t give a fuck either...
al-iaquinta-ufc-fight-night-55-video.jpg

Back