How to pass a shallow "leg lasso"

I'm a big fan of passing to the lasso side. Once I get behind the lasso, I shoot in for the reverse leg drag. From there, it is a toss up depending on how they react. Thanks Goat!

I'm a big fan of passing to the lasso side. Once I get behind the lasso, I shoot in for the reverse leg drag. From there, it is a toss up depending on how they react. Thanks Goat!

Thanks, Allan! Lately I've been combining the "peel" shown in the first video with a leg drag, much in the same way you're describing. Works great!

Thank you for providing the link to your videos. You highlight some great techniques in dealing with the shallow lasso, specially for reacting right away when your partner/oppoent goes straight to the De La Riva recovery.

Thank you for providing the link to your videos. You highlight some great techniques in dealing with the shallow lasso, specially for reacting right away when your partner/oppoent goes straight to the De La Riva recovery.

Thanks! I'm glad that particular series resonated with you. That used to be a super high percentage move from bottom.

Nice tips. I usually try and remove that hook by moving my own body around it, but using your knee and head is a nice detail too.

Oh and thanks for that sneaky heelhook technique, too ;)

Nice tips. I usually try and remove that hook by moving my own body around it, but using your knee and head is a nice detail too.

Oh and thanks for that sneaky heelhook technique, too ;)

Let me know if it ends up working for you!

Back