How to make friends/go out when you are older

I already told you,

$$$... It buys everything

I have two friends total.

I should probably have a few more friends, for when my actual friends are busy. But so far so good.

I have two friends total.

I should probably have a few more friends, for when my actual friends are busy. But so far so good.

If they are too busy (for you) they are not your friends

There are meetup groups you can go too. But honestly this stuff is very hard. Give yourself lots of breaks and don’t put pressure on yourself.

There are meetup groups you can go too. But honestly this stuff is very hard. Give yourself lots of breaks and don’t put pressure on yourself.

you make it sound so... sexual.

If they are too busy (for you) they are not your friends
well... one is usually working outta town. The other is also married with a 1yr old.

I understand we cant hang out all the time.

I read somewhere on the internet that the entire concept of "friendship" is becoming extinct (including and especially in United States of America).

Thankfully, I have pets.

return to the homeland… sherbro island.
d6f2c8d3-5f7b-42e8-97f1-82205f8f88dd_text_hi.gif

39137b05-0756-4a26-a8d3-5d1e692c73e7_text_hi.gif

How do you make friends when you don't know anyone and go out when you are by yourself? Where do you start?

1. Go to a sports bar
  2. Watch the screens
  3. Agree with what people are saying "ridiculous ref, oh come on!" Or "fantastic player, [name] is" etc
  4. When you finish your drink, ask your new acquaintance(s) what they are drinking and get them one while you're up there
  5. Now you appear like a normal human and names will be exchanged. Next time maybe even numbers. Then who knows what might happen the 3rd time you bump into each other at the bar...
<Goldie11>

I'm an introvert so I find it easiest to meet people at work. I'm there most of my life anyway.

<2>

I moved a year ago and have been at my new job jist about a year now. Made one friend, and one friend/potential girlfriend. Sigh.

<{hughesimpress}>

i went to church and made like 3 friends. i hit my friend quota for the next few decades.

ask a stranger for their number and then strike up a conversation through text

Serious answer: Facebook events, meetups, activity-specific groups
From there you can find people who can hook you up with more private events
The most important thing to keep in mind is to attend things that attract people with similar interests and a similar personality as you.
Good advice

Seriously OP there are these things called public places and if you spend enough time at one there’s going to be a person or people who will want to talk to you. Just don’t be a fucking weirdo or racist and everything should be fine.

Last edited:
Back