How to Maintain Your Boxing Gloves

edisonstar23

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking to see how can I maintain my new pair of Winning Gloves & Cleto Reyes all leather.

Besides using moisture absorbers after each work out.
Wiping off the sweat, blood, etc.

Do you guys use any kinds of leather cleaner or moisturizer? Like Leather Honey?

I just wipe the sweat off with a damp rag and make sure to not leave them in my bag all wet and sweaty. It happens sometimes but I really try to avoid it when possible.

I try to take mine out of the bag when I get home from training and let them air out. My cat poops on little pine pellets so I took some of those and stuffed some socks, tied up with shoe laces and made some DIY glove dogs to absorb some of the moisture/hang them up. Once a week or so I give them a good wipe down with a cloth.

I haven't done anything with leather cleaner/conditioner or anything like that yet, not sure if it's worth it or not. I have some for my car seats but not sure I want to put it on my gloves.

Leather cleaner works wonders for shinguards and gloves.. Do this once or twice a month and youll be golden..

Outside that, air dry after every workout. Leave outside as much as possible to air out.

Will use lysol whips to clean them up after a more intense workout.

Almost forgot.....dryer sheets!!! I stuff those in my gloves every time. Absorbs the moisture and leaves them smelling fresh!!!

Damn You all are fancy here. I use old newspapers and a wet rag....dryer sheets, leather wipes, Lysol.

Maybe I should try leather wipes, there's. I dryers in China so no dryer sheets either.

Back