***How to Knock Someone Out with One Punch***

Punch 'em in the throat. They'll drop. :icon_twis

super, i tried it out and am still standing, but with a red forehead

Very interesting read. Yeah I can see it being very effective...just not against ppl who train..as they will be able to see certain punches, sword hand or whatever coming easier than hooks and etc. But the article is just talking about KO ing someone...so it is interesting.
~G

stupid thread here let me tell you non-fighters how it goes

Most people have 1 or 2 spots to knock them out In my experience its either the chin or the temple if someone has a so called Iron chin well you can punch them there all day and they wont go down but if you punch them in the temple I guarantee they will go down and Vice versa

Sucker punching someone isn't exactly the most honorable way to deal with a street fight in my opinion. If you can avoid the fight just walk or run away, if you HAVE to fight. I think taking it to the ground is the best idea, that way you have control and can let them up when you want.

yeah, just wait til the dudes home boys start stompin your ass. Great logic there buddy. Go the ground in a street fight, for sucker punching someone who could possibly kill you is too cowardly.:icon_chee

That's a very good point, in boxing it is usually the Heavyweights that create quick knockouts, whereas the lightweights tend to go many more rounds before knocking their opponent out.

Ive seen a lot of big, fat, slow heavyweights knock someone out with a big, powerful, but slow punch, whereas watch an Amir Khan fight, and it takes a whole lot of fast punches to the head to knock a lightweight out.

The slow powerful punch seems to carry more knockout ability than the fast light punch.

i watched a show one time and they were trying to see what has more force a small thing moving fast or a big thing moving slow so they got like a sumo guy and rampage to hit a punching bag( because apparently rampage is small) and rampage ended up hitting the bag harder than the sumo guy so small things moving fast are spoused to have more force behind it

stupid thread here let me tell you non-fighters how it goes

Most people have 1 or 2 spots to knock them out In my experience its either the chin or the temple if someone has a so called Iron chin well you can punch them there all day and they wont go down but if you punch them in the temple I guarantee they will go down and Vice versa

You forgot one Einstein... the brainstem. Why is this thread stupid? First time I've seen a standing technique thread make it to Sherdog's front page.

Wouldn't punching your knuckle into someone's temple be attempted manslaughter, considering it could possibly kill?

Only if your stupid enough to admit it was deliberate.

i watched a show one time and they were trying to see what has more force a small thing moving fast or a big thing moving slow so they got like a sumo guy and rampage to hit a punching bag( because apparently rampage is small) and rampage ended up hitting the bag harder than the sumo guy so small things moving fast are spoused to have more force behind it

sports science is the show go look it up on dailymotion.com that was a good episode

Has this guy ever heard of recoil? He talks about tensing up your body when you see a punch coming. You don't want to tense up your body because then you don't allow for recoil which reduces the amount of force inflicted by the punch.

I was enthralled with this post, reading intently and agreeing until all of the sudden I got to the ninja death punch part.

Dammit.

useless article. You should be fighting for sport. I laugh at these hardcore martial artists who think it's fuedal Japan and shit, like they are going to walk out of their house one day and get attacked by ninjas

A firearm and a bat in your car > any martial art

useless article. You should be fighting for sport. I laugh at these hardcore martial artists who think it's fuedal Japan and shit, like they are going to walk out of their house one day and get attacked by ninjas

A firearm and a bat in your car > any martial art

so true. I know too many kids who think they're gonna get jumped any moment when they live in a very safe neighborhood. They're always like, "but that doesn't work on the street" or "if this was a REAL fight blah blah bah."

Sucker punching someone isn't exactly the most honorable way to deal with a street fight in my opinion. If you can avoid the fight just walk or run away, if you HAVE to fight. I think taking it to the ground is the best idea, that way you have control and can let them up when you want.

This is such an f'ed up lack of thinking regarding self-defense, you don't even realize.
You're right about the "if you can avoid the fight, just walk away" part though.

yeah, just wait til the dudes home boys start stompin your ass. Great logic there buddy. Go the ground in a street fight, for sucker punching someone who could possibly kill you is too cowardly.:icon_chee

There it is, BluePhi, but you could lose the sarcasm; it's way overdone hearabouts.

Wouldn't punching your knuckle into someone's temple be attempted manslaughter, considering it could possibly kill?

Boxers get nailed in the temple all the time and no one gets attempted manslaughter.

Back