How to increase exposure and popularity as an ameatur boxer

Advice? Actually win a few fights and have a taste of what boxing is all about before you set a date on becoming a professional. You haven't even had a fight yet, as of now your just another kid who thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread. Drop the attitude and become more humble.

Amateur boxing isn't about exposure, it's about winning. If you wan't to become a pro, win your fights and enter national tournaments. If you are good enough you will get a promoter no problem. But don't expect to do that within two years kid. The guys on the national level will of been boxing since they were 10/11 year old, and you think you can compete with them after 2 years? Sorry but unless your the second birth of Sugar Ray Robinson, you can't.

Try to get your name out there on various websites dedicated to fighting

Hook up with TMZ and out yourself as some other boxers boyfriend. Then you can do a grudge match after you have beefed with furious intentions in twitter.

You can also make homophobic comments so the gays will rally against you and do the promotion for you. This way you also attract anti-gay viewers for your bouts.

Hook up with TMZ and out yourself as some other boxers boyfriend. Then you can do a grudge match after you have beefed with furious intentions in twitter.

You can also make homophobic comments so the gays will rally against you and do the promotion for you. This way you also attract anti-gay viewers for your bouts.

1287666826226.png

Right now i am an amateur fighter. i have my first fight coming up soon. i have very high potential. i spar with guys 40-50 pounds larger. my trainer does not put me with them to toughen up. im put with them because we are even and most times i do better than my partner. i also make occasional sparring trips to spar with boxers trained by legendary trainer Ray Casal. i am 17 so i wish to turn pro when im 19. i have a facebook and instagram to increase my exposure. follow me on instagram @Derekgreene95. so i was wondering how do i increase me exposure and get my name out there?

Wear a mask and enter the ring to ace of spades.. also you might want to be less modest about your talents and start believing in yourself somemore..........:wink:

This is a great idea.

Another idea would be to go on a murdering spree.

Oh, you're 17 with a facebook and instagram? Please, tell me more about your marketing campaign.

Seriously, get 40 or so amateur fights and a golden gloves tournament win under your belt before you even start promoting yourself as the best thing since sliced bread. No one will care about you as an amateur unless you're the next Lomachenko that happens to live in a former soviet bloc nation. That's the blunt reality of it. Popularity means shit all unless you deliver results.

Last edited:
win regional golden gloves, place in nationals. win ringside tourney, win national PAL. It's fairly simple in amateurs..its all about winning big tournaments. You don't need a character....just keep winning.

Right now i am an amateur fighter. i have my first fight coming up soon. i have very high potential. i spar with guys 40-50 pounds larger. my trainer does not put me with them to toughen up. im put with them because we are even and most times i do better than my partner. i also make occasional sparring trips to spar with boxers trained by legendary trainer Ray Casal. i am 17 so i wish to turn pro when im 19. i have a facebook and instagram to increase my exposure. follow me on instagram @Derekgreene95. so i was wondering how do i increase me exposure and get my name out there?

If I were you I would just worry about learning the craft, if you have a great trainer listen, if you don't find one. study the best of the past and use what you can. don't even think about fame until you're a pro, if you make it that far.

Oh, you're 17 with a facebook and instagram? Please, tell me more about your marketing campaign.

Seriously, get 40 or so amateur fights and a golden gloves tournament win under your belt before you even start promoting yourself as the best thing since sliced bread. No one will care about you as an amateur unless you're the next Lomachenko that happens to live in a former soviet bloc nation. That's the blunt reality of it. Popularity means shit all unless you deliver results.

Haha true^ Unless your someone like Lomachenko you won't get much exposure

Back