How to increase exposure and popularity as an ameatur boxer

Dgreeneboxing

White Belt
Reaction score
Right now i am an amateur fighter. i have my first fight coming up soon. i have very high potential. i spar with guys 40-50 pounds larger. my trainer does not put me with them to toughen up. im put with them because we are even and most times i do better than my partner. i also make occasional sparring trips to spar with boxers trained by legendary trainer Ray Casal. i am 17 so i wish to turn pro when im 19. i have a facebook and instagram to increase my exposure. follow me on instagram @Derekgreene95. so i was wondering how do i increase me exposure and get my name out there?

By winning. Seriously just do well in some tournaments, win some medals, get some attention on yourself. Boxing is a close knit community, the important people are always aware of what's going on and you'll be brought to them if you do well enough.

Actually ur advice was good. I didn't see it til after I posted my comment. I was referring to get knockouts

Get a nickname and wear a themed getup to go with it. It will help people remember, keep track of, and hype you

Guaranteed

Wear an ET mask and speak like Stone Cold Steve Austin in your post fight interviews

As for the OP. When I still competed (I stopped when I started nursing school), I wore funny trunks with a smiley face. I also had a group of good friends, who had an awesome chant for me. It caught on quick.

Dude honestly, what weight do you fight in? I've got 108 won fights and I'm getting little exposure. then again I'm 15.

Once I turn pro, I already have my connections to get a few easy first fights. bottom line, you won't get the exposure you seek until your a pro and at least 10-0

By winning. Seriously just do well in some tournaments, win some medals, get some attention on yourself. Boxing is a close knit community, the important people are always aware of what's going on and you'll be brought to them if you do well enough.

pretty much this.

Do tournaments, win them and then win the nationals.

You can be 100-0 doing regular local club fights and nobody will know who you are

Honestly, I'd recommend something like toastmasters or acting classes.

Obviously you have to be a good boxer as well, but, to be remembered you have to have a way with the crowd.

"mother!@#$er y'know what I'm sayin?" isn't what it used to be.

When you're ready, calling out people with names also helps (assuming you win)

Dude honestly, what weight do you fight in? I've got 108 won fights and I'm getting little exposure. then again I'm 15.

Once I turn pro, I already have my connections to get a few easy first fights. bottom line, you won't get the exposure you seek until your a pro and at least 10-0

See now its bold see the irony?

win the regional golden gloves.
win the national golden gloves.
win the olympic trials.
win the olympics.
Profit.

The thing I can suggest is to dedicate all the time you can to hone your skills. I remember how Mike Tyson would sit and watch fights every night with Cus D'amato. They just sat and watched fights, going over every pos and neg, learning everything they can.
OK - that is pretty well a given so I would also suggest that you work on your name. Develop a highlight reel that would make pros envious. Really spend some time making a quality product and post it on Youtube. This is an amazing time for people who are looking for exposure. Youtube and video sites give you the ability to get your name out there. A cool nickname or gimmick will also serve you well.

Good luck on your career - I hope you do well.

Back