How to increase chin up/pull up reps

I just did 3 sets of max reps few min rest between sets, 3 times a week for a couple of months and went from 10,10,8 to 20,18, 17 until I fucked my shoulder with a unrelated injury

I'd say keep doing what you're doing and go for negatives when you can't do any additional reps anymore (jump up to the bar and lower yourself in a very slow and controlled manner).

Pull-ups tend to respond well to overall volume. So, do more pull-ups.

try wearing weights to increase resistance, then reps with no extra weight should be easier

Clarence Bass had some interesting articles about this:

Greasing the groove. Do a few reps every time you pass by a pull-up bar.

Why would u wanna be able to do more chinups? You going into a chinup competition.

thank you enswell!!!!!!
anybody experience with htis method?

I'd say keep doing what you're doing and go for negatives when you can't do any additional reps anymore (jump up to the bar and lower yourself in a very slow and controlled manner).

This. Negatives are awesome, I increased my max reps by 7 doing negatives

^that is just you. TS has clear goals.

I had a period where I stopped doing barbell lifts of any kind and all I did was pull ups. I'm sure it's not a great strategy for working maximal strength. But every day that I went to the gym during that period (usually 5-6 times), I would always start off with 50-100 pull ups no matter how many sets it took me. That's how I got my pull ups to over 30. But again, I was shit at the compound lifts so if you're looking to gain maximal strength I wouldn't recommend this but it worked great for my pull up total.

Grease the Groove for Strength The Human Machine

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/pull-ups-thread-1085020/

I'm gonna start this today.

Need to get them thar pull ups up for wrestling.

The best way to do more pullups is to cut weight. The less you weigh the more you do.

when they say wisdom they think about you.

Back