How to have "pro/am fighter" under my name

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f8/added-notes-regarding-forum-tag-requirements-64632/

Alright fellas, since this seems to be a question we're getting a lot with higher traffic on the board, we'll go ahead and just add the information to this thread.

This is what Moderators need to give you your Fighter Tag:

- Your REAL name.
- The name of the event you last fought at.
- The name of your last opponent.

(You can give extra information, like links to your record or fights online.)

And for you Promoters:

- Your REAL name.
- The name of the Company you Promote for.
- The last event you worked on.

I'm the Primary Moderator who deals with Tags, but the way I do it is every couple of weeks or so I submit whatever requests I have in my PM Box, so patience is necessary or you can try PM'ing the information to another Moderator.

Now, with regards to using your real name. Your username WILL be changed from whatever it is to either your real name or whatever name you fight as. Yes some people don't have their real names and have tags, that's because they've been around since before it was decided that all Fighters must use their real names or Fighting names. The reason is simple, integrity. If you want anonymity or free reign to be a cut-up here on Sherdog, then don't ask for a Fighter Tag with which to draw attention to yourself. Fighters are held to a bit of a higher standard typically (there ARE exceptions, like Tank Abbot, yes), and thus, if you want the prestige of being able to advertise yourself as a Fighter here on Sherdog, then you have to be your recognizable self.

We have worked hard to make Sherdog more of a possible Networking tool for Fighters where a Fighter can get not only a built-in fanbase, but Sponsored, and perhaps work for one of the Promoters here.

Thanks,
KK - Sherdog Staff

Back