How to get out of collar grab hockey punches?

What would be the harm to you in turning to the side so if you get hit it is in the back of the head, and throw a side kick to his knee. If done hard enough, wouldn't that break his grip or knock one leg out, bringing him down.

Ok...am I getting this right.......? Kicks to the nuts aren't supposed to work for 10 seconds?....I must have some pretty weak balls b/c I got nailed with a teep to my special area on Tuesday during sparring and laid on the ground sucking wind and near vomitting for 15 mins...

As Fat Tire says, drop a hard horizontal arm on the forearm close to the elbow joint to trap his arm against your chest as you yourself throw a punch, that will pull his head into your fist. Alternatively, as you drop that arm, use your other arm to cover your face with your elbow pointing at him to protect yourself, if you are lucky, you can nail him with that elbow too.

As for getting hit in the sack, I have taken a cricket ball there and cried for a good 15mins afterwards, god knows what I will be like after a boot to the spuds

grab his collar back an return shots hope your chin holds out longer then his

This happened to me in a nightclub toilet 2 years ago while pretty drunk. The guy was exceptionally strong and lifted me (I'm 6 foot 4, 84kgs) off my feet and slammed me into a wall with one hand. He choked me and held me with feet of the ground with just his right hand, while throwing the odd punch with the other (and screaming like a crazyman).

As soon as my drunken mind realised I was in real trouble I put as much force as possible into slamming my left hand hard down on his right elbow joint. This forced his elbow to bend and allowed my feet to touch the ground.

Soon as my feet touched I leveraged everything into a hard right uppercut.

His eyes crossed up, game over.

Wtf are you going to do with an arm submission? Hold it until he calms down and then let him up? Make him promise not to hurt you if you let him go? Or just break it and go to jail?

If you get jumped though, then by all means, break that arm, leg, wrist, finger, whatever you can.

but in a bar fight, or any other situation other than you getting jumped an arm submission means jail time or legal repurcussions.

I said an armbar in a street fight is a bad idea. But a guy pulling on your collar is the perfect set up for a flying armbar. If I went for an armbar in a street fight, I would either hold on until the fight got broken up, or break his arm if kept fighting. I am sure you would be in court over it, but if the guy clearly attacked you by grabbing you infront of a bar full of people, then you would have a pretty good case. It would still cost you tons in lawyer fees. Just avoid the fight if possible, that has always been the best move.

so a hammer fist to the groin and then a fireman's carry?

That would be pretty smooth and very nice to pull off. But if the hammer fist comes up short and you miss then you're fucked.

I think the judo throw would be the best. I think it's called seonage?

Just grab the arm, turn around, and throw him over you.

kinda like this
Seoinage.jpg

ippon_seoi_nage.gif

That's it exactly, I thought it was called a firemans carry, but I didn't want to use the wrong term because I wasn't 100% sure. Yea, the judo throw is perfectly set up, I said that earlier. Good diagrams in the post. Actually the diagram for the firemans carry is different than the move this guy taught me. Basically your opponent has to standing in front of you, and say going for a guillotine, then your head is down by his hips and you are set up perfectly for the groin strike, and the firemans carry.

A) If you're a good,solid,powerful or fast striker you could just trade with him, do the same thing as he is doing.

B) Thai clinch asap the mofo' and knee the bastard

C) Grab onto his collar and flying knee/ Knee him in the solar plexus, and take it from there. he will probobly drop if you hit him right in between the rib cages, right where they start to connect

LOL. Dont be so hasty my angry white belted friend. The retarded one may be you. Apparently you have never heard of ancient shaolin "IRON EGG SKILL!"

Think i am kidding? Allow me to enlighten you with this clip from youtube.

Shaolin Groin Skills at its finest.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3CwXEuO53s

Actually my join date is before you. Anyone can post in the wasteland forum a million times.

You realize the skill you are talking about is to consiously suck your balls up above where the pelvis bone is. Good luck...

Actually my join date is before you. Anyone can post in the wasteland forum a million times.

You realize the skill you are talking about is to consiously suck your balls up above where the pelvis bone is. Good luck...

Yeah okay, you lurked these forums for a year more than me, then all of a sudden decide to come in a thread and argue about kicking someones balls. Awesome contribution... :rolleyes:

*goes off to practice groin skill*

Good point BUT his arm has to be straight and it will be very difficult to straighten out the arm of a big, strong guy. Plus in judo this is called Wakigatame (armpit lock). Not ude gatame. BJJ guys are funny.

Anyway, i suppose it could work but will be hard to pull off while eating punches and if he bends his arm which he will most likely do.

I had some fool do this to me at a party. First he tried to sucker punch me from the side, but I saw the shot coming out of the corner of my eye. I turned away, from the punch, and he grabbed the back of my jacket. I bent over and away to make it harder for him to hit me, but that didn't really work because he was banging away on the back of my skull. While still bent over I did a spin move, to try and shake him off of me, but he held on and kept bangin away. Now he is basically standing next to me on my left side, holding the middle of my jacket with his right hand and punching at my head with his left, I am still bent over. Since he was standing so close to me and on my side, I couldn't really throw any strikes back. I had to think quickly in this situation, because I was totally fucked at this point! This is what I did, I brought my arm in which set me up for perfect elbow shots to the guys ribs, because his right hand was holding the middle of my jacket he could not defend my left elbow to his perfectly exposed ribs. I hit him with a huge elbow to the ribs, and he quickly figured out he didn't want to be in this position. Instead of letting go of my jacket he held on, and spun around in front of me. This gave him a pretty good spot to force me to keep my head down because he still had ahold of my jacket. He could not control my side to side movement however. So, I switched moving back and forth, with and up and down movement. Because he kept his arm straight, my movement controlled his movement making it impossible for him to hit me. At this point I noticed I had the opportunity to take some body shots. Using the same back and forth motion, coming up and going back down, I started throwing body punches. This worked great, because as I came up it brought his arms up, and pulled his body towards me right as I threw my punches. I gained momentum, and was standing up straighter and I thought he was going to have to let go of my jacket. He opted to try and use my jacket to force me to the ground. With both hands and all his weight he tried to force my chest to the ground. I kept my balance, at this point I was standing up, but my head was almost touching the ground. I knew I was in a dangerous spot, for him to try and throw some knees at my head. I was able to look up and see the position of his feet infront of me to figure out what he was going to do next. I saw him step back like he was going to throw a knee. In order to protect my head, I pushed foreward and forced my head into his hip, making it impossible for him to knee my head, and giving me the abillity to try and catch or block his knees with my hip. He went for a knee, basically all he did was lift his leg up giving me the opportunity to catch his leg. I caught his leg, and then ran towards him with all my might. This forced him to hop once, and then land very hard on his back on the concrete. The fight was broken up after that. This all happened before I started training. There are a few moves that I would have tried if I had knew them. I think if the guy is infront of you, he is set up perfectly for a double leg, or single leg. You have to watch for knees, there is a ton of stuff you could do. Techniches for breaking clinches, strikes, judo moves, it just depends on how your opponent reacts.

Dude, this reply is epic.

Back