how to get better if im the top fighter,

This is the standup forum but I'm still surprised no one has mentioned joining the wrestling team at school if your school has one.

Remember that someone is always better than u.

And teach people in the gym. Show em if they're doing something wrong. Thats how i learn. Dont be a dick about it though

I saw that he trained at LA BOXING. considering how terrible they are it doesn't really surprise me that a 14 year old is the best fighter there.

Unfortunately that's the case. I trained at LA Boxing in Henderson for quite a while and I was lucky that they actually had good fighters and good trainers (Rodney Crisler being the head boxing instructor). But for the most part, LA Boxing is geared towards fitness. Look at their websites, it looks like a fucking Jenny Craig commercial.

i read all of the comments. I just join independent study so i can focus most of my time to MMA and yes more fighters have came but there to much of a challenge aha. there putting me in a match in feb. so its all good i get to see how good i am with other people from different gyms, and yes i was about to join wrestling but than im like going to independent study so there is no point. naw im not a troll. i just do what i love. if means dieing in the ring at least i died doing what i loved. if you want you may come in and challenge me. you may and most likely will destroy me but, i will give it my best shot. LA Boxing in brentwood CA

i read all of the comments. I just join independent study so i can focus most of my time to MMA and yes more fighters have came but there to much of a challenge aha. there putting me in a match in feb. so its all good i get to see how good i am with other people from different gyms, and yes i was about to join wrestling but than im like going to independent study so there is no point. naw im not a troll. i just do what i love. if means dieing in the ring at least i died doing what i loved. if you want you may come in and challenge me. you may and most likely will destroy me but, i will give it my best shot. LA Boxing in brentwood CA
I don't know exactly what "independent study" entails, but it sounds like a very bad idea in your case.

And please stop the "I'll die in the ring, doing what I love" nonsense. Fighters don't talk like that... little emo bitches do.

Funny you mention that because I actually do and have students do this. It's to develop leg prowess and to understand the strengths and weaknesses of kicking.

We also do it where one is a puncher and one is a grappler, one is a kicker and one is a puncher, one is grappling with only armbars as the allowed sub and the other can do anything...etc etc.

We did this quite often at Xtreme Couture, it's a great way to develop specific aspects of offense and defense. Especially in a MT/ kickboxing class, the whole "Punch a kicker, kick a puncher" meme is very useful, and something i've used before in actual sparring. When sparring someone who's primarily a boxer, I just stay high & tight with my hands, and time them with kicks. I once sparred a Russian guy with extensive boxing training (much more training than i'd had), and by just sticking to basics, I was able to not get my ears boxed off, and plant some solid kicks into his legs/ ribs. One in particular, I caught him coming forward and completely upended him, which felt pretty badass. After that, he was very tentative and wary of my kicks, which allowed me to open up more with my hands.

haha, wish that was me right now. im only 15 but already 6 foot 6,225 lbs, and unfortunately that means going toe to toe with the real good, big guys in my gym. hold on to your ego mate, because when you have to let it go is the day you get beat up by some bigger and better than you. trust, its happened to me when i used to think i owned all the under 14s haha

Is English your second language? I'm asking honestly because a 14 year old should have a better grasp on language skills. I can't understand a damn thing you're saying.

Here's my attempt at a translation of that mangled mess of letters.

Thanks for the conversation, I read all of your comments. I've decided to join independent study through my local high school because I've feel MMA is more important than education in my development as a person. I understand this will limit my opportunities in the future, but I think I will have better opportunities opened up to me as a prize fighter. I know I said I was the best at my gym, but I was stretching the truth in order to look cool on an internet forum. There have been many more skilled fighters come through our gym, but they presented to much of a challenge for me to deal with them (much like my school work.) I have the opportunity to compete in an amateur boxing match in February, where I will be able to more accurately gauge my skills against people from more legitimate gyms. I was going to join the wrestling team, but I decided that would be too much work, and I was afraid of being shown up by much more skilled wrestlers.

I am not a troll; I am completely serious. In my own delusional eyes I really am this good. (Please tell me you believe me.) I will continue to do what I love, even if I am refusing to train with higher level people so I can become better, at the expense of more important things, such as education.

Is that about right?

haha, wish that was me right now. im only 15 but already 6 foot 6,225 lbs, and unfortunately that means going toe to toe with the real good

I read that as "im only 15 but already 6 foot and 6,225" Lol

And in the blue corner...Weighing in at an amazing three metric tons!

5'7 and only 115 pounds?
At your age and height, your ideal body weight hovers somewhere around 135.
And being the best fighter at an LA boxing doesn't really mean much, it's basically a franchise geared towards soccer moms.

Back