how to get better if im the top fighter,

There is no Adult class its all mixed. but thanks for everyone advice, the owner said to focus on bodybuilding instead of Training as much, what should you think? some more info i weigh 115, 5"7

Lol, you're literally built like a lanky rat.

There is no Adult class its all mixed. but thanks for everyone advice, the owner said to focus on bodybuilding instead of Training as much, what should you think? some more info i weigh 115, 5"7

First off, you shouldn't be working on "bodybuilding", but if you do want to be a fighter, you should take up an S&C program. As a 14 year old, you should be focusing on bodyweight exercises and cardio.

Also, if there aren't anymore advanced classes, you don't have any sparring partners that challenge you, and your trainers won't spar, then you should either switch gyms or just take the private lessons from the teachers if you like them, and spar at another gym.

TS i totally bought how awesome you are.... go to the UFC already...you deserve it!!!

oh wait you probably weigh 115 lbs...

Now it's getting weird. Your muay Thai instructor is telling you to bodybuild and your class has kids training with adults? I find it highly improbable that a coach would say or do either.

Post up a vid of the training and your kicks...it'd be interesting to see some of the footage.

^ me too.

Its always fun watching ppl who claim they're the shit !

This is where you screwed up. Now everyone knows you're trolling because you mixed multiple obvious troll memes in close proximity of each other. You probably could have pulled it off if you had waited to mention the bodybuilding much later.

no, no, no, no, NO to bodybuilding. Unless you're just using it as generic term for getting size/power. I advise you go here and read the FAQ: Strength & Conditioning Discussion - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

If you're really that awesome, go to another gym and spar, you'll quickly be humbled. All gyms are NOT created equal. At my old gym, I was top 5. Got to my new one and got my ass handed to me by damn near EVERYONE there. Even people who had been training 1/3rd of the time i was.

NuTzOnSwOll said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by td82394
Well, just keep in mind someone's always going to be better than you. But if you've learned all you're kicks and punches and defense, then well, learn them again. But if you feel that your gym is just too small for you, then respectfully explain your actions to your Kru and get his permission first, then find another gym. You can always go back and visit when you feel like it. Damn, though, I wish I was an ace at muay thai like that.
????????????

WTF ??? why the hell does he need the gym owner's "permission" to leave ?

this isnt thailand where the gym pays for your food/training/upkeep and owns you.

If you do wanna leave , say sayonara or not , and leave.

Some trainers find training with others "disrespectful". My old "kru" was catty like that. Training at multiple gyms has helped progress so much, I advise everyone to mix up their training

The kid is possibly telling the straight truth. A new gym that is little more than a year old, he may very well be the best in that gym. We got a small BJJ gym that is less than a year old in my town. The best kid in it is awesome compared to the rest of the gym, but is not even close to blue belt level else were.

Chance's are in a new gym, that is new enough to still need to do mixed classes, after a year somebody is going to be the best of the bunch and it would likely be one of the younger students.

Best you can do is either find a new gym with people that have been doing it longer, or start to really focus on one thing each sparring session.

here's the thing you guys.. he trains at LA BOXING! that is one of the worst franchises(and yes i mean franchise) any aspiring fighter can possibly train at. my advise is to find a REAL BOXING gym, ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
hi, i have a problem i train at a fairly new gym been there since the opening, im close friends with the owners, but i have one problems i have out grew there class for muay thai its super easy, My kicks are amazing or so i have been told, there no match for my age group, there are fighters but there pro, no one my level im 14 almost 15. i love helping people out but i all i do to train is do my workout now kick constently for hours at a time, or elbows or any strikes. im always at the gym so maby thats why i gotten good. any tips for workouts?? i done it for a year now. I started getting Pvt train by there staff but there no one to really sparl any tips?
thanks

And who besides yourself told you you were any good at all?

Here. Have a slice

humblepie.png

I'm in the same boat as you, and trust me the best fighters will never have anybody to train with. Start setting specific goals in your sparring sessions, like only hitting a certain spot or using a certain technique. Helped me a lot. Got to where I could tell somebody where I was going to hit him and how, and then proceed to do it repeatedly.
Rofl.

I never ment to mis guide you into thinking i was telling you how awesome i am, I disagree im not awesome i just try my best as any other Martial Artist.

Where in antioch do you train? I lived there for 3 years and am familiar with most the
gyms there. I may be able to give you some advice.

Teach your partners things, and when they get better so do you.

Spar with people, without using your hands. After all, you've got amazing kicks.

Have your sparring partners wrap their hands with chain or rope with pieces of glass glued on. You will probably beat them still but it could help even out the tremendous imbalance in skill.

Spar with people, without using your hands. After all, you've got amazing kicks.

:icon_lol:

Funny you mention that because I actually do and have students do this. It's to develop leg prowess and to understand the strengths and weaknesses of kicking.

We also do it where one is a puncher and one is a grappler, one is a kicker and one is a puncher, one is grappling with only armbars as the allowed sub and the other can do anything...etc etc.

what a shit thread. This is an sad sad troll for sure. horrible english too.

Stop imagining you're training and stay in school.

LMAO, if a 14yo with a year's experience and 0 pro fights is top of a gym then the gym must be pathetic, you may think you're good now but once you train with the big boys that giant head of your's will shrink a bit.

honestly, I believe him. at first I just thought it was a bad troll attempt, then I saw that he trained at LA BOXING. considering how terrible they are it doesn't really surprise me that a 14 year old is the best fighter there.

It looks like you should dedicate less time to muay thai and more time to your English homework.

Back