How to exit your job gracefully

I quit a job 4 yrs ago, left a very nice, flowing resignation letter. The owner of the co. actually said it was one of the nicest letters he ever read. He was a cocksucking prick.

The first letter of each sentence in my letter spelled out 'go fuck yourself'. I'm still in touch w / a # of former co-workers. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't caught on to this day.

A teammate who had the same amount of time spent in the company seemed to strongly suggest plans of leaving as well to me discreetly. In case we leave around the same time, this would definitely put a dent in my plans of an uneventful exit. It may even prevent me from getting clearance with the boss(es). Any of you been in a similar position?
You dont need "clearance" to leave. Make sure you give ample notice though. Two weeks seems to be the standard but it may be better to give more depending on the situation. Quite a lot of people leave my job and come back years later. Some have done it more than once

We had a guy jump off our ship last fall in the early morning, his body was never found. That's one way...

30 days is the standard notice? I thought 2 weeks was normal.

Since when do you need clearance to leave a job? Other than the military.

I quit a job 4 yrs ago, left a very nice, flowing resignation letter. The owner of the co. actually said it was one of the nicest letters he ever read. He was a cocksucking prick.

The first letter of each sentence in my letter spelled out 'go fuck yourself'. I'm still in touch w / a # of former co-workers. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't caught on to this day.

You must think you and your moronic coworkers are in on some hilarious inside joke for him not decoding your gay letter.

He dropped it in the trash after laughing at your pathetic complaints and laughed again as you left his office thinking highly of yourself.

I have been with my company only for a short while and I want to look for other employment. The job wasn't a fit for me right at the start, and the more tasks being piled on to me, the harder it is to deal with. The thing is I think my teammates have been dependent on me quite a bit and I am now part of a new inter-departmental project (not an important role) which would last well into 2017.

I want to be able to to leave without burning bridges and not putting a burden to my teammates. I am actively seeking new employment and the best time to leave in case I get a good offer is January or March of next year. The project I am part of has phases, and I think it would be best that if I leave after a phase is completed. Thing is, I think I would have to give at least 45 days notice, and not the usual 30, all things considered.

As much as I like the other "quit your job" thread, I want to keep this simple and uneventful. I am pretty lucky to land the job in the first place considering I have a poor employment history. And it might get tricky getting an offer for a larger paycheck with the next employer.
does your state have at-will employment/

30 days is the standard notice? I thought 2 weeks was normal.
You can quit whenever you want. I guy in purchasing at my company got a job on a Wednesday paying him $20k a year more for doing the same job at a company down the street, walked the next day said it was his last day. Zero fucks were given.

You can quit whenever you want. I guy in purchasing at my company got a job on a Wednesday paying him $20k a year more for doing the same job at a company down the street, walked the next day said it was his last day. Zero fucks were given.
this

30 days notice? Are you in Australia or something? I remember working with a couple of folks from there and NZ and I thought they mentioned something about a 1 or 2 month notice being law. Crazy.

Suck a dudes dick.
Eat some chicken strips.

Give them the impression that you're beyond irritated and angry with the job. To a point where everyone thinks one day you'll bring in a gun and end it all.

Then give your two week notice and during those 2 weeks, be the nicest man possible.

Everyone will think you are a saint the way you ended your employment.

I always give ample notice through a professionally typed letter.

In it, I complement the management team and fellow workers, and thank them for having taken the opportunity of bringing me on board. I say I have recently chosen to pursue an opportunity that has come up which is more directly in line with my current goals and dreams, and wish them nothing but success with their future endeavors. I also make sure to include the last date I will be available to work and my contact information.

I have been with my company only for a short while and I want to look for other employment. The job wasn't a fit for me right at the start, and the more tasks being piled on to me, the harder it is to deal with. The thing is I think my teammates have been dependent on me quite a bit and I am now part of a new inter-departmental project (not an important role) which would last well into 2017.

I want to be able to to leave without burning bridges and not putting a burden to my teammates. I am actively seeking new employment and the best time to leave in case I get a good offer is January or March of next year. The project I am part of has phases, and I think it would be best that if I leave after a phase is completed. Thing is, I think I would have to give at least 45 days notice, and not the usual 30, all things considered.

As much as I like the other "quit your job" thread, I want to keep this simple and uneventful. I am pretty lucky to land the job in the first place considering I have a poor employment history. And it might get tricky getting an offer for a larger paycheck with the next employer.

Bump- already given notice to start further schooling next week. Been doing all the stuff for exit clearance which is a pain in the ass.

The project has been already done for a year. Nothing to leave behind but my daily/weekly tasks.

A teammate who had the same amount of time spent in the company seemed to strongly suggest plans of leaving as well to me discreetly. In case we leave around the same time, this would definitely put a dent in my plans of an uneventful exit. It may even prevent me from getting clearance with the boss(es). Any of you been in a similar position?

This dude will be shifting to a different department in a higher position. So my manager will have major headaches in the next six months as there are other work buddies on extended leaves due to maternity (non are mine - I hope).

Back