How To Do The Twister ( Vid )

Now you just have to wonder what the Caps Lock key is.

But yeah, it's a good move. I've only pulled it off once during a match. I don't practice it because it's banned from a lot of tournaments since its a spine lock.

Cool. A dangerous move, but nice to know anyway.

Wow so a lot of tours ban it but what about if you faught in a MMA comp

I've had it done to me but I've never pulled it off. Thanks for the links.

man, after I saw it, I wrote it down and tried at on the mat.. its pretty fun but really hard to pull off

Funny. I had somebody in a class ask me how to do one. Can't execute a basic arm bar, but already wants to do a twister.

Does anyone else notice it is the exact same move as a guillotine in wrestling?

satchmo said:
Does anyone else notice it is the exact same move as a guillotine in wrestling?

Yeah, it is exactly the same. It is Eddie's signature move, but it is not original.

When Eddie first started submission wrestling, he used that move a lot. People asked him what it was called, and he said "guillotine" because that is what it is called in wrestling. That confused people though because "guillotine" means the guillotine choke in submission wrestling. So he came up with the name "twister" instead so as not to confuse people.

Balto said:
Yeah, it is exactly the same. It is Eddie's signature move, but it is not original.

When Eddie first started submission wrestling, he used that move a lot. People asked him what it was called, and he said "guillotine" because that is what it is called in wrestling. That confused people though because "guillotine" means the guillotine choke in submission wrestling. So he came up with the name "twister" instead so as not to confuse people.

Ahh, I see, thanks for the background. That move is EXTREMELY painful, there have been some very tough kids reduced to tears from that move in wrestling matches. Often the refs will give a mercy pin from the kid screaming.

i pulled off the twister on a blue belt a little while back.... he tapped as soon as my hands clasped around his head..

got to his back... knee in the but forced him up and got the leg... he put his own arm around my head and basicly set it up for me.... I guess he just forgot the move or maybe thought i didnt know it...... i bet that shit hurt.

I was wondering how dangerous that can be. Is it a "cervical" move, prohibited by CBJJ?

Back