How to do a flying knee like Yoel Romero

GrapeJuiceMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im thinking about training at a famous gym in my city. I had done some MMA in the past and had an ACL injury. Im fine now. Im training to be very explosive atm. In my squats, chinups, etc.

If you guys saw the flying knee Yoel does vs Clifford Starks.. Its SO IMPRESSIVE. How do I learn to do a flying knee like that? he literally flies.. Grabs Starks head midair and pushes it in his upper knee If i remember correctly.. Ik GSP can do backflips and such, Silva etc. But its not the same..

PS Im the same height and reach as Yoel so yeah. Hes a big guy. Im sure those big legs and glutes can generate a lot of power for explosion.
SHOULD I train like basketball dunkers train, for vertical JUMPS? Would that translate into a flying knee?

Explosive squats? Box Jumps? Box jumps with weights?

are you thick, solid, tight, black, and explosive?

Genetics, personality, creativity, talent.

That’s not something you drill. It’s just something some people are crazy enough to try and pull off.

Yoel pulls it off incredibly well. Beautiful timing. You can see him load it up a few other times before he throws it.

It honestly goes hand in hand with his fight personality. Sometimes he looks like a jacked little boy fucking around.

I hate these dumb ass threads.
If you’re being serious, which I doubt you are, then ask the coaches at the famous mma gym you claim to be in your city.

But you’re right, come here first and ask random ass ppl instead.
Good job dumb ass

I hate these dumb ass threads.
If you’re being serious, which I doubt you are, then ask the coaches at the famous mma gym you claim to be in your city.

But you’re right, come here first and ask random ass ppl instead.
Good job dumb ass

Where you at? Lets fight for real

It's an old Cuban training method

tenor.gif

Wake up, get on computer, research time machines.

Go back 30 years, disocever the fountain of youth, train on the Cuba national wrestling team and become one of the best athletes in the world.

Hit a bunch of flying knees in the UFC after your done with wrestling and get silver medal.

Are you retarded? Seriously? I didnt ask about who does it and the mentality of it. I said physically how do you TRAIN TO DO FLYING KNEES AND JUMP LIKE THAT! retard, question completely flew over his head.
true answer is never. that's about the equivalent of asking how do you learnt to punch like mike tyson.

I can already tell when new guys join our Muay Thai gym if they'd be athletic or not just by seeing how they jumprope. The athletic guys have this catlike movement with tender, soft bounce to their feet. This means they have long, highly elastic tendons whch translates to explosive power. Yoel has this. You most likely do not.

I can already tell when new guys join our Muay Thai gym if they'd be athletic or not just by seeing how they jumprope. The athletic guys have this catlike movement with tender, soft bounce to their feet. This means they have long, highly elastic tendons whch translates to explosive power. Yoel has this. You most likely do not.

How do you know??? I jump rope pretty smoothly...

Eat loads and loads of spinach.

Im thinking about training at a famous gym in my city. I had done some MMA in the past and had an ACL injury. Im fine now. Im training to be very explosive atm. In my squats, chinups, etc.

If you guys saw the flying knee Yoel does vs Clifford Starks.. Its SO IMPRESSIVE. How do I learn to do a flying knee like that? he literally flies.. Grabs Starks head midair and pushes it in his upper knee If i remember correctly.. Ik GSP can do backflips and such, Silva etc. But its not the same..

PS Im the same height and reach as Yoel so yeah. Hes a big guy. Im sure those big legs and glutes can generate a lot of power for explosion.
SHOULD I train like basketball dunkers train, for vertical JUMPS? Would that translate into a flying knee?

Explosive squats? Box Jumps? Box jumps with weights?

have you ever heard of muay tai ?
if so, get some lessons with specific muay tai coach. as simple as that

Back