How to delete your own account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicariousVice

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Say I wanted to get rid of my account, like I wanted a mod to ban me. Can I just ask?

Typically you would just abandon your account if you no longer wish to contribute in the forums.

Why are you seeking a ban?

Tbh, I don't really like my name lol. When I made it I had no idea I would frequent this site as much as I do now. I basically want to start over with a new account. I've attempted to do this in the past, but because my current account was still active and it was an alt account it was banned.

I thought about basically just doing something that would be ban worthy, but I'd much prefer to just ask rather than just piss a mod off.

Tbh, I don't really like my name lol. When I made it I had no idea I would frequent this site as much as I do now. I basically want to start over with a new account. I've attempted to do this in the past, but because my current account was still active and it was an alt account it was banned.

I thought about basically just doing something that would be ban worthy, but I'd much prefer to just ask rather than just piss a mod off.

The typical process is just to abandon the account and pick up a new one. If you create a second account, we'll see them both and if there's activity on both we'll action accordingly. The last time you created an alt account was when you were on dubbs with this one, and that is not allowed. If you're given an infraction, you cannot bypass this by means of creating an alt account to post while serving the infraction. Perhaps it was not your intention on this, however, the timing of your decision to create a second account is what caused the deletion of it, with a notice that registering a second account while on dubbs is a ban on the user, not just the attempted registration.

If you want, I can autoban your account for you here and put a note on file that you'll be logging in with a new handle, and this will let the other mods know that when your new account is matched, it's all good.

If this is your preference please let me know.

The typical process is just to abandon the account and pick up a new one. If you create a second account, we'll see them both and if there's activity on both we'll action accordingly. The last time you created an alt account was when you were on dubbs with this one, and that is not allowed. If you're given an infraction, you cannot bypass this by means of creating an alt account to post while serving the infraction. Perhaps it was not your intention on this, however, the timing of your decision to create a second account is what caused the deletion of it, with a notice that registering a second account while on dubbs is a ban on the user, not just the attempted registration.

If you want, I can autoban your account for you here and put a note on file that you'll be logging in with a new handle, and this will let the other mods know that when your new account is matched, it's all good.

If this is your preference please let me know.

Yeah, I see now how this would be a problem. At the time I didn't know this wasn't allowed

Yeah, the autoban and everything sounds fine. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back