how to defend powerslam when going for triangle?

rEdShawks

Brown Belt
Reaction score
ive seen enough people going for a triangle against a bigger opponent and getting piked up and slammed into an unconscious world, to make me wonder how not to let this happen to me. i then though maybe hold his leg as he picks u up, but then saw some gruesome grappling video where a guy did that then the bigger guy pretty much broke his spine by putting his weight on him so the back of his feet touched the back of his head.

So im not a grappling expert thats why im asking here, so how u prevent a powerslam?

If you are at a good angle and have his head controlled it should be very hard for him to stand and pick you up. Of course there will always be the monsters that will be able to muscle their way to their feet, but the average person shouldn't be able to do that if you're at the correct angle and have their posture controlled. Even if they try to, if you hook that leg early enough, they won't get much height for a slam, and if they try to stack, scoot yourself back and extend your hips to keep the distance, or just switch to an armbar or omoplata.

^^^^^^^^^^
truth
build that angle, and if you're going to grab the leg, hook over the knee to buckle them if they try to stand

Get the angle and hook the leg is going to be the best way to avoid the slam.

What kind of grappling is this where all this slamming is allowed?

Get the angle and hook the leg is going to be the best way to avoid the slam.

probelm with that is he can go back down and bend your foot to ure head and break ure back, i saw a video where some guy did that it was gruesome

Hook the leg Johnny.

seewhatyoudidthereidid.jpg

~Foz

probelm with that is he can go back down and bend your foot to ure head and break ure back, i saw a video where some guy did that it was gruesome

I think you are talking about a 'boston crab' type move. He should not be able to do this if you hook the leg early on (before he can stand up) and keep your head up to trap the leg. The idea is to keep his posture broken down.

Love the lister video.

in this situation i use my mind power to rip a mean bone through my pants and right through the trachea, works EVERY time.

^Troof. I pop boners right thru the back of my opponent's skulls. That move has no known reversal.

ive seen enough people going for a triangle against a bigger opponent and getting piked up and slammed into an unconscious world, to make me wonder how not to let this happen to me. i then though maybe hold his leg as he picks u up, but then saw some gruesome grappling video where a guy did that then the bigger guy pretty much broke his spine by putting his weight on him so the back of his feet touched the back of his head.

So im not a grappling expert thats why im asking here, so how u prevent a powerslam?

i know the video your talking about he bridged ...dont bridge ...

I think you are talking about a 'boston crab' type move. He should not be able to do this if you hook the leg early on (before he can stand up) and keep your head up to trap the leg. The idea is to keep his posture broken down.

Love the lister video.

yep thats the name of the move i was thinking of "boston crab"

also thankyou very much whoever posted the lister video, helped explain my question to perfection

thought underhooking the leg was just a "duh!" thing to do

If you get a good angle (perpindicular) your fine. also if you grab your ankle and your knee you have to be facing a beast if hes going to pick up all your wait with his lower back

use the same hand as your leg that is going across the neck and hook it around the leg/knee of the same side leg, he wont be able to slam you

Back