How Ticketmaster Plans to Check for Vaccine Status before Concerts

Anti vaxxers are no more a protected class than people who test positive. Stay the fuck home, sorry, Come back when you have the antibodies. I don't feel bad for them at all, get the fucking injections. What is the problem here?

This is what you guys always resort to when you run out of steam... "stay home if you're scared". Pretty much every conversation about covid ends this way. Sad.

FYI it is looking like I won't be the one staying home ;)

But but but its segragaytion

Why should they stay home when if everyone took the vaccine they wouldn't be at risk and the only people that place them at risk are the ones who won't take the vaccine?
What you’re really saying is, we need to vaccinate 99+% of the population because less than 1% are vulnerable to severe effects from the virus. It does not make mathematical sense, particularly because the vaccine isn’t 100% effective anyway (there will ALWAYS be a percentage susceptible, even if everybody gets the vaccine). Also, you fail to factor in vaccine injuries (known and potentially unknown) or basic health privacy.

What you’re really saying is, we need to vaccinate 99+% of the population because less than 1% are vulnerable to severe effects from the virus. It does not make mathematical sense, particularly because the vaccine isn’t 100% effective anyway (there will ALWAYS be a percentage susceptible, even if everybody gets the vaccine). Also, you fail to factor in vaccine injuries (known and potentially unknown) or basic health privacy.

That's fine, but if a private company wants to allow people who can't be vaccinated access to their concerts by barring people who choose to not be vaccinated then I don't see why that's an issue.

You have the choice as to what's more important, not being vaccinated, or going to the concert/getting on the flight whatever it may be.

Noone is cutting off any essential services here.

You have the choice not to attend a concert if the price is too high, venue sucks, band sucks, booze cost too much but this is over the line for some? Turn the channel then.

Don't know that makes any sense in this context, but okay.
You seem like a genuine person, so I'll explain my position. The meme is a joke, but also meant to make a point... do you really feel comfortable determining what "essential" means? Like to every person in the world? Think about that for a second.... Flying IS essential to a lot of folks, going to a concert much less so (unless you work in that field).

Also, you seem to have a simplistic view of vaccination, and based on your simple view you see "no harm" in just vaccinating EVERYONE. You mention those who can't be vaccinated, however, many will find out they can't be vaccinated AFTER they are harmed by a vaccine. Many people will be injured by vaccination and never even know it.

Also, in the US (I won't assume your country), we cannot sue a vaccine maker when we are injured, and the vaccine maker doesn't even have to pay fines (the taxpayer pays for nearly all vaccine injuries, and awards are capped -- around 4 billion dollars have been paid to people injured by vaccination to-date). This is seriously f'd up, and I can't think of any other industry where things are so unjust... and you'd like to virtually force compliance?

Not to mention that vaccination can also lead to asymptomatic transmission (e.g. the vaccinated person has subclinical infection and keeps roaming about and spreading the disease-- I've heard this is a problem with Covid-19 already).

In closing, your comments indicate you have limited knowledge about vaccination in general, and I'd caution you to avoid basing your opinions on literal pharmaceutical marketing slogans (e.g. "safe and effective") before actually reading about this topic in more depth, in order to learn about relevant factors (e.g. vaccine injury, inadequate safety testing, poor vaccine injury monitoring, vaccine failure, etc.).

You seem like a genuine person, so I'll explain my position. The meme is a joke, but also meant to make a point... do you really feel comfortable determining what "essential" means? Like to every person in the world? Think about that for a second.... Flying IS essential to a lot of folks, going to a concert much less so (unless you work in that field).

Also, you seem to have a simplistic view of vaccination, and based on your simple view you see "no harm" in just vaccinating EVERYONE. You mention those who can't be vaccinated, however, many will find out they can't be vaccinated AFTER they are harmed by a vaccine. Many people will be injured by vaccination and never even know it.

Also, in the US (I won't assume your country), we cannot sue a vaccine maker when we are injured, and the vaccine maker doesn't even have to pay fines (the taxpayer pays for nearly all vaccine injuries, and awards are capped -- around 4 billion dollars have been paid to people injured by vaccination to-date). This is seriously f'd up, and I can't think of any other industry where things are so unjust... and you'd like to virtually force compliance?

Not to mention that vaccination can also lead to asymptomatic transmission (e.g. the vaccinated person has subclinical infection and keeps roaming about and spreading the disease-- I've heard this is a problem with Covid-19 already).

In closing, your comments indicate you have limited knowledge about vaccination in general, and I'd caution you to avoid basing your opinions on literal pharmaceutical marketing slogans (e.g. "safe and effective") before actually reading about this topic in more depth, in order to learn about relevant factors (e.g. vaccine injury, inadequate safety testing, poor vaccine injury monitoring, vaccine failure, etc.).

I'm open minded to learning more about vaccinations, but I'd want to do so without falling foul of anti-vax stuff (that's the problem with the modern internet imo, dissenting information is usually the polar opposite to the position it's challenging in my experience).

I do realise that vaccinations carry some degree of risk, but it'll be weighing up what the risk is compared to the covid risks.

I also wouldn't say flying is essential per se, it may be essential to someone's current job role, but they would have the freedom to make a living doing something else where they wouldn't have to fly. Again you could argue that they shouldn't have to do that and I understand that argument, but they would have to weigh up how much they want the lifestyle afforded by that job Vs how much they want the vaccine.

There's going to have to be sacrifices made somewhere and I don't think there's a solution to this that pleases everyone.

I'm open minded to learning more about vaccinations, but I'd want to do so without falling foul of anti-vax stuff (that's the problem with the modern internet imo, dissenting information is usually the polar opposite to the position it's challenging in my experience).

I do realise that vaccinations carry some degree of risk, but it'll be weighing up what the risk is compared to the covid risks.

I also wouldn't say flying is essential per se, it may be essential to someone's current job role, but they would have the freedom to make a living doing something else where they wouldn't have to fly. Again you could argue that they shouldn't have to do that and I understand that argument, but they would have to weigh up how much they want the lifestyle afforded by that job Vs how much they want the vaccine.

There's going to have to be sacrifices made somewhere and I don't think there's a solution to this that pleases everyone.

I can appreciate your position, and I think this is literally the default- "I don't know much about vaccination, I'm told it's safe and effective, and I assume the same."

Regarding finding quality information, it exists but is sometimes hard to parse out. Surprisingly, a lot of "anti-vax" sites actually source their facts (e.g. specific research studies) so you can fact check on your own their claims (unlike a lot of pro-vax sites). Be careful, ANY site/person who questions vaccination in the slightest is labeled "antivaxxer." Here is a pretty decent, objective site: http://vaccinepapers.org/

In my opinion, the real challenge lies in the fact that we have very limited understanding of what harms actually DO come from vaccinating, and the research into this phenomenon is "inadequate" per independent review. https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004407.pub3/abstract

We do know that vaccination does lead to a variety of harms (different dangers come with different vaccines), unfortunately our monitoring systems are severely flawed and estimated to catch as few as 1% of actual vaccine injuries. I have had some difficulty finding good research on this topic (vaccine injury underreporting) but remember research showing around 40% of vaccine induced polio was not recognized as such: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1615747/?page=2

That's a pretty big deal when you think of more subtle vaccine injuries (e.g. seizures).

I can appreciate your position, and I think this is literally the default- "I don't know much about vaccination, I'm told it's safe and effective, and I assume the same."

Regarding finding quality information, it exists but is sometimes hard to parse out. Surprisingly, a lot of "anti-vax" sites actually source their facts (e.g. specific research studies) so you can fact check on your own their claims (unlike a lot of pro-vax sites). Be careful, ANY site/person who questions vaccination in the slightest is labeled "antivaxxer." Here is a pretty decent, objective site: http://vaccinepapers.org/

In my opinion, the real challenge lies in the fact that we have very limited understanding of what harms actually DO come from vaccinating, and the research into this phenomenon is "inadequate" per independent review. https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD004407.pub3/abstract

We do know that vaccination does lead to a variety of harms (different dangers come with different vaccines), unfortunately our monitoring systems are severely flawed and estimated to catch as few as 1% of actual vaccine injuries. I have had some difficulty finding good research on this topic (vaccine injury underreporting) but remember research showing around 40% of vaccine induced polio was not recognized as such: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1615747/?page=2

That's a pretty big deal when you think of more subtle vaccine injuries (e.g. seizures).

I don't have time to give that a good look now, but I've bookmarked it for later, cheers.

Imagine thinking this is all about public safety. Imaging thinking the government actually cares about its people, lmao. This is more of the government/big business merger fucking with its people. In the end though, I don't really care, I just won't to any concerts or live events. Simple

looks like I wont be giving Ticketmaster any of my money

not worried about it

Back