how thick is the Fuji LIGHTWEIGHT lapel??

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by Ls1PWR, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Ls1PWR

Ls1PWR White Belt

im all about the thick collar and most lightweight gi's have karate-thick collars. i own 2 victory gi's and the lapel is great, is this 1 any different?

2. FSUfightfan06

FSUfightfan06 Yellow Belt

7.50 mm and made of rubber for the lightweight

11.00 mm made of folded cloth for the victory

I did not notice any difference when rolling in them collar wise. But the lightweight does dry a lot faster...obviously lol

3. Foblander

Foblander Orange Belt

Is the lightweight the same size lengthwise as the victory? Only difference being weight and how slimmed down it has become? I know you suggested going a size up but the A2 fits me so nice and I am quite the slim fella. Can you give some feedback on how it is to roll in it? Does it feel that much thinner than victory? Sorry just seems like you are the only one on here to own it, hence all the questions. Lol

4. Ls1PWR

Ls1PWR White Belt

thanks

5. FSUfightfan06

FSUfightfan06 Yellow Belt

Sure thing, and no problemo on the questions. I would like to get some pics up but I'm trying to pack to go to Chicago tomorrow and I just got an imageshack account so I'm still trying to figure all that out. And It's significantly shorter but shrinks a lot less. I find it stretches out a little after rolling but shirnks right back up after wash. It is significantly cooler thank god. Training in Florida heat no air conditioning is horrible. I dunno if you can wait but I really will work on getting some pics up just don't want the mods on my back.