How the UFC could justify Diaz vs McGregor 3 if Conor loses..

Fincher7

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've seen people talking about Nate potentially facing Eddie for the 155 title after this if he beats Conor.

Then I thought, if McGregor goes back to 145 and beats Aldo and Nate beats Eddie..

Champion vs Champion.

trilogy is always a possibility
especially if the fight
plays out in a way that gets
fan interest

I agree. That seems feasible. It'd still have to appear to be a competitive fight though, so it'd depend on how this second fight goes. If Conor gets destroyed and doesn't show that he has the ability to beat Nate, I don't think they'd do another.

I agree. That seems feasible. It'd still have to appear to be a competitive fight though, so it'd depend on how this second fight goes. If Conor gets destroyed and doesn't show that he has the ability to beat Nate, I don't think they'd do another.

I think it's pretty unlikely that Nate destroys him in an uncompetitive fight.

A third fight should only happen if the other 2 fights did end in different ways.

But if that's the case then I'm sure they would that.

Who the f wants a third no matter who wins?

Diaz should throw the fight ala Etienne/Tyson.

“There, he hit me…. Now give me my money, so I can go.”

n6f895.jpg

Well Nate and Conor for a start. After that, people who like exciting fights?
So let's take 2 of the most exciting fighters from 2 different divisions and let them fight 3 times consecutively?

How about let them fight other fighters so we get even more exciting less repetitive bullshit?

It depends on who will wear big sunglasses at the post conference

If Nate loses, then it will happen quicker than anticipated. If he wins in a 5 round war that is in the end a very close fight, that will surely keep people interested, though it will still be hard to market fighting against a guy who beat you twice already. Though if they are both champs, the fight might get easier to make.

Diaz vs McGregor III: This Time It's Personal

lol, they can make any match they want and still heavily promote it for a shitload of buys. Stop fooling yourselves.

Everyone and their fucking mom knows who Conor is at this point. Diaz could literally prison rape him in the cage and I'd be hearing about it for a week starting on Monday. Selling a third fight would be as simple as Joe Rogan saying "Those losses and that anal violation that occurred really lit a fire under Conor McGregor [cut to shot of Conor punching and then sweating profusely, looking up at the camera]".

There would be press conference shenanigans, hardcores on Sherdog would protest the fight and boycott it while it still sells for over a million buys.

Back