Elections How The Hell is Justin Amash a Spoiler for Joe Biden?

Is Justin Amash a Spoiler?

• Total voters
I didn’t think he’d get much traction but I have seen some people talking about his campaign. Not sure if those people always gravitate third party or are pulling votes away from Trump or Biden. I’d say if he’s the highest profile third party candidate this year, there won’t be a problem with “spoilers”. People were worried about Gabbard, Bloomberg, and Starbucks CEO and it seems like none jumped in. Any credible person seems to understand the blowback if they got credited for keeping Trump in due to a pointless third party bid.

I think that Amash probably thinks he'd take more votes from Trump, and that's why he'd do it. He might be wrong, though. Bloomberg or Schultz would have calculated the opposite, which is why they're not running, as they'd both prefer Biden to Trump.

My nightmare prediction is the economy will slightly recover and people will give trump credit thus completely forgetting the cluster fuck response to the virus
That's a nightmare scenario? Sorry, but that sounds like a serious case of TDS to me.

Its actually my prediction. That's how he wins.
Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree about it being a nightmare scenario, though. I just don't understand the oppose Trump at all costs mentality some people have. People who are ostensibly supposed to be on the left oppose Trump from the RIGHT on certain issues like foreign wars and it's like they want the country to do bad just so Trump will look bad and maybe not be reelected. And I just don't get it. TDS is real.

I think that Amash probably thinks he'd take more votes from Trump, and that's why he'd do it. He might be wrong, though. Bloomberg or Schultz would have calculated the opposite, which is why they're not running, as they'd both prefer Biden to Trump.

Yea, that’s my guess too though I do think he also sees the opportunity to get national donations to fund future Congress bids from this so it isn’t necessarily selfless on his part. There are far more people I could see running third party to hurt Trump than Biden at this point. Trump definitely has more control on the party than 2016 but I think there are some holdouts that wouldn’t mind blowing the election for him.

Fair enough. We'll have to agree to disagree about it being a nightmare scenario, though. I just don't understand the oppose Trump at all costs mentality some people have. People who are ostensibly supposed to be on the left oppose Trump from the RIGHT on certain issues like foreign wars and it's like they want the country to do bad just so Trump will look bad and maybe not be reelected. And I just don't get it. TDS is real.
Trump simply on judges is a nightmare. Which is why many vote Trump. Even if a dem gets in they'll have them to block everything or try to. That's what dems don't get.

Back