How the hell is Cyndi Lauper NOT in the WWE HOF?

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I was looking at the list of inductees in the HOF, and in looking at their celebrity wing I was shocked to see that Lauper isn't in there. You have guys like Drew Carey, Kid Rock and Snoop in there - did their WWE appearances have any real tangible impact on the company's success? Arnold obviously is a huge star and you want to associate your brand with him any chance you get, but as far as I know he appeared 1 time on a Smackdown episode. I can't think of any outside celebrity who had as much of an impact on the WWE's fortunes as Lauper did except for Tyson. And would they even have been in the position to do business with Tyson in 98 if not for the Rock N Wrestling Connection back in the 80s? Would there even have been a Wrestlemania?

I feel like there's some story here, do any of you smart marks know the deal? Was there some kind of falling out between her and the company, or is it just a case of out of sight out of mind?

Hasn't been offered.

Hasn't been offered.

That's shocking to me. I had a thought that maybe she had some kind of beef with WWE content or something, since she was some big time activist for LGBT. But for the company to not even offer her is pretty lame.

That's shocking to me. I had a thought that maybe she had some kind of beef with WWE content or something, since she was some big time activist for LGBT. But for the company to not even offer her is pretty lame.
vincent-mcmahon_416x416.jpg

Back