How the hell did the judges score the first round for Pendred?!!

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MMA judging is so atrocious that two judges actually gave Cathal the first round against Sean Spencer. A round where he was getting tee'd off on and was close to being KTFO'd.

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/5918/Cathal-Pendred-vs-Sean-Spencer

ALL
15 media members scored the fight for Spencer, including 11 that had it 30-27 Spencer.

One of the biggest robberies of all time, and it's starting to ruin the sport for me a little. At this point I have no idea what judges are looking for and neither do the fighters.

Maybe they didn't know who was who and thought Cathal Pendred sounded like a blacker name.

I can understand giving Cathal the 3rd because Spencer was inactive(still a clear 29-28 spencer) but the first? come on

this shit makes me want to stop watching MMA.

I like how Dana will say "Yeah I though he got robbed but what do I always say? Don't leave it in the judges hands." Proves he really doesn't give a shit if you got robbed.

I keep reading in threads it wasn't a robbery. Weird. I watched the second and third rounds and missed the 1st. I thought Spencer definitely had round 2 and round 3 could have gone either way. If round 1 was the beating I hear it was then the judges were watching a different fight.

The judges think blocking punches with your face is a legit route to victory

I keep reading in threads it wasn't a robbery. Weird. I watched the second and third rounds and missed the 1st. I thought Spencer definitely had round 2 and round 3 could have gone either way. If round 1 was the beating I hear it was then the judges were watching a different fight.

The first round was the most decisive of the fight, so much so that one numbskull judge actually scored it 10-9 Spencer, if you can believe it.

It only took Cathal getting tagged with 18 overhand rights to convince him.

Dana will probably have Cathral Pendred fight CM punk like Cathral suggested on twitter before, considering CM probably as a good chance on winning.

MMA judging is so atrocious that two judges actually gave Cathal the first round against Sean Spencer. A round where he was getting tee'd off on and was close to being KTFO'd.

ALL
15 media members scored the fight for Spencer, including 11 that had it 30-27 Spencer.

One of the biggest robberies of all time, and it's starting to ruin the sport for me a little. At this point I have no idea what judges are looking for and neither do the fighters.

You seem passionate about this, maybe you should start taking the steps toward the career path of MMA Judging, and you can make better calls. Otherwise, you aren't gonna do anything about it, you are just griping.

You seem passionate about this, maybe you should start taking the steps toward the career path of MMA Judging, and you can make better calls. Otherwise, you aren't gonna do anything about it, you are just griping.

What a can reply.

Are you Douglas Crosby?

And of course I'm passionate about it. MMA is a sport I love. I spend a lot of time watching events, almost weekly. When something like happens it's a black eye on the sport as a whole.

This should be getting more attention then it is, but it happened on the undercard between two relatively unknown fighters.

In my opinion it's one of the worst robberies of all time, and the two 30-27's are pathetic "judging"

I like how Dana will say "Yeah I though he got robbed but what do I always say? Don't leave it in the judges hands." Proves he really doesn't give a shit if you got robbed.

Meah, Dana can't do much, the officials are sanctioned and provided by the State Athletic commissions and the UFC can't just bring their own guys in (unless they are overseas in a place without a recognized commission). And, Dana sometimes promotes a guy afterward as if he won, if they get really robed. Case in point is Ross Pearson, who lost the robbery of the year against Diego Sanchez. Ross was treated as if he had won, basically.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/1...-vs-ross-pearson-insanity-no-rematch-mma-news

Irish dude in boston..tailor made for a robbery. Bigger question is who really cares, neither guy is gonna make much waves in the division

TS you aren't thinking statistically. There will ALWAYS be anomalous fights. As long as more than 2 people in the world think you won, there's some chance that you'll win. As long as there's some chance of something happening, it will happen if the dice are rolled enough times.

ALL

very easy
Pendred landed 20 hits and 2 td to spencers 15 hits 0 td

I think this was the first event i ever legit thought there was a fix in the UFC

yah thats pretty bad.

i hate it when holding someone and doing nothing for 4 minutes has more weight then almost KO'ing the opponent.

I remember people on sherdog were saying that masvidal won round one against cruikshank even though he got flash KOd in that round.

Back