How the hell did Frankie get a title shot before Maynard in 2010 when...

psx7

White Belt
Reaction score
Maynard already had a victory over him the year prior?

Maynard had a stinker on PPV against Clementi and there was stories he didnt wnt to fight BJ

Maynard vs Diaz was dull and Maynard, at that time, said he'd probably rather not fight BJ Penn.

mostly because he dominated sean sherk when that really meant something

and because almost all of maynard's fights were considered very boring.

not to mention, two of gray's wins were very close and even controversial (especially the diaz fight, I thought it was an outright robbery)

not to mention, two of gray's wins were very close and even controversial (especially the diaz fight, I thought it was an outright robbery)

This..

Who cares, he finished Maynard....old news.

Maynard put on a bad performance against nate Diaz.

this

Obvious answer is that Maynard/Diaz was a terrible fight and Edgar came off a dominating performance against Sherk and finished Matt Veach (late replacement for an injured Kurt Pellegrino).

Because Frankie wanted the fight and Maynard didnt. After the Nate/Maynard fight, Maynard was asked about fighting Penn for the title his answer was "BJ Penn's a cool dude man, I was with him on TUF and he was a cool dude man. He's a funny dude man" and never properly answered if he wanted the fight... he ducked that fight hard.

how the hell did Frankie lose
Edgar vs Henderson II? he clearly won.

Because he clearly lost the first fight and complained his way into a rematch then never did anything to clearly beat Bendo, catching his kicks means nothing if the kicks already hit you and you don't do anything to follow up once you've caught it.

Back