How the f%^-- does Lovato jr. make 185?......

Franklin U.

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Just watched weigh ins- this dude looks rockhold 185....maybe bigger. Gegard " a decent sized" 185er looks like hes fighting a 205er tomorrow. What's that I smell ?? think it might be the aroma of a requested drug testing( in moose's contract but knowing legend moose, wont cause Lovato has been clean....as far as we know)..... anyways:

WAR MOUSASI

Is this Gegard 'killer look' Mousasi or Gegard 'impressed by that dude's chest' Mousasi?
Or both?

Is this Gegard 'killer look' Mousasi or Gegard 'impressed by that dude's chest' Mousasi?
Or both?

Make no mistake- Hes always in Michael Fassenbender deadpan face mode

Last edited:
Yeah guy looks jacked. Gegard looks soft even for him.

Don't be shocked if Lovato takes this fight. The dude is legit and will wreck Gergard on the ground, Lovato just needs to get the fight there and that might be the problem. Big step up in comp for him but win or lose this guy will be in the mix at MW moving forward in any org.

Don't be shocked if Lovato takes this fight. The dude is legit and will wreck Gergard on the ground, Lovato just needs to get the fight there and that might be the problem. Big step up in comp for him but win or lose this guy will be in the mix at MW moving forward in any org.

Lobato isnt young at all. He didnt exactly wrecked Salter on the ground neither.
He is a very good challenger but Gegard is the clear favourite and I dont see him get wrecked anywhere

Lovato is 35 going on 65 from face alone. but dude is in crazy shape and if his wrestling is on point, a serious threat to moose (or any 185'er for that matter)

should be a good fight

Lobato isnt young at all. He didnt exactly wrecked Salter on the ground neither.
He is a very good challenger but Gegard is the clear favourite and I dont see him get wrecked anywhere
As long as gegard fights smart( as he usually does) , I see this version of gegard making defense but as I stated yesterday- Lovato jr. has probably taken title as #1 pound for pound bjj practitioner in mma.
Just dominated Shields at polaris a few months ago and as we see - hes fucking massive.
Its mma so gegard is hes rightfully decent favorite. Lovato has to accomplish a few things to get moose where he wants him.
I'm just a bit taken back by the size of him and more importantly his limbs.The last time I saw him face off with a " noticeably " larger mw was Chris and that wasnt that bad. I was " really" taken back in watching weigh in video.

Win or lose this fight will show where Lovato's at. At this point he's still a bit of a question mark.

Lovato's striking is not so good, maybe even pretty bad. No defense and doesn't know what to do when under pressure. He doesn't have great wrestling, has to work hard for his takedowns. Mousasi is a strong MW and will punish him when Lovato fails his takedowns.

I think Mousasi schools him. Lovato's striking defense will be exposed. He will be eating jabs all night long, just like all of Gegards opponents and even worse.

Don't know if Gegard will finish him. He often finish people with gnp and I don't think he will follow Lovato on the ground if he drops him. A 5 rounder is possible.

Of course there is the possibility Lovato takes Mousasi down. But that doesn't mean it's an insta submission for Lovato. Like I said Mousasi is strong and he will get on his feet if the opportunity arises. The opposite is true as well. If Mousasi makes a small mistake on the ground Lovato will submit him.
In the end I think Mousasi will beat him 9/10.

I also have moose winning. Lovato is gonna eat that jab and telegraph his takedowns.

Lovato's striking is not so good, maybe even pretty bad. No defense and doesn't know what to do when under pressure. He doesn't have great wrestling, has to work hard for his takedowns. Mousasi is a strong MW and will punish him when Lovato fails his takedowns.

I think Mousasi schools him. Lovato's striking defense will be exposed. He will be eating jabs all night long, just like all of Gegards opponents and even worse.

Don't know if Gegard will finish him. He often finish people with gnp and I don't think he will follow Lovato on the ground if he drops him. A 5 rounder is possible.

Of course there is the possibility Lovato takes Mousasi down. But that doesn't mean it's an insta submission for Lovato. Like I said Mousasi is strong and he will get on his feet if the opportunity arises. The opposite is true as well. If Mousasi makes a small mistake on the ground Lovato will submit him.
Hoping your analysis is spot on.

I also have moose winning. Lovato is gonna eat that jab and telegraph his takedowns.
yeah lovato wont be able to get anything going from range against mousasi, so his shots will be coming telegraphed and from long range, and therefore easy to stuff. I could see the damage piling up and Lovato's corner eventually calling a stop to it.

This was first mousasi fight I didnt even make prediction on and now you know why I was a bit concerned and,Agsin, the size of the guy. The un educated cockroach are already out hot and heavy on Gegard. I know better- Lovato is no uriah hall. I called fluke on hall the second tko happened. This is a different animal and the undefeated Lovato would be handful for any UFC middleweight but hed have to get by usada first.
As usual, I expect mousasi to be back and hopefully get title back......or at a different weight. Unless he has different plans - hope they feed machida to him next.

I thought he was also bit laid back ( lead up to fight) especially coming from rory fight and he loves to surf net and see everyone picking him with not much problem.
That's a problem in itself ( imo).

Last edited:
This was first mousasi fight I didnt even make prediction on and now you know why I was a bit concerned and,Agsin, the size of the guy. The un educated cockroach are already out hot and heavy on Gegard. I know better- Lovato is no uriah hall. I called fluke on hall the second tko happened. This is a different animal and the undefeated Lovato would be handful for any UFC middleweight but hed have to get by usada first.
As usual, I expect mousasi to be back and hopefully get title back......or at a different weight. Unless he has different plans - hope they feed machida to him next.

I thought he was also bit laid back ( lead up to fight) especially coming from rory fight and he loves to surf net and see everyone picking him with much problem.
That's a problem in itself ( imo).

I was surprised by Mousasi's defensive grappling, which was good and his tdd, which was bad.

I am looking for excuses if I say Mousasi didn't look as strong as he used to. Normally he looks a bit more muscular. Maybe his back injury made it impossible to do a lot of strength and conditioning training?

And why on earth would he go to the ground in the 3th and 4th for GNP when Lovato went down? Every shot on the feet in those round made Lovato shook.

I was surprised by Mousasi's defensive grappling, which was good and his tdd, which was bad.

I am looking for excuses if I say Mousasi didn't look as strong as he used to. Normally he looks a bit more muscular. Maybe his back injury made it impossible to do a lot of strength and conditioning training?

And why on earth would he go to the ground in the 3th and 4th for GNP when Lovato went down? Every shot on the feet in those round made Lovato shook.
Agree on all points.... and I thought he had fight once 4th ended. I was wrong and frustrated.

Agree on all points.... and I thought he had fight once 4th ended. I was wrong and frustrated.
I thought the same thing after the 4th, but when RLJ came out in the 5th looking like it was round 1 I knew it was over. It's almost as though he spent the 4th playing possum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back