How stupid does Dana look now?

Dana's #1 P4P fighter changes every title fight...

That remains to be seen. Also, there is nothing special about an American champion in the UFC. Seeing as all but one are American.

Yes...and they're all more marketable than the two Brazilian champs.

Aldo and Barao had a dual-title card and it's numbers were horrible. Any American champ by themselves sell more than that.

In a sense, absolutely.

But him acting like the greatest travesty in the world is that American toddlers aren't wearing Barao-themed diapers, because he's the greatest ever, makes him look pretty silly, too.

He's a promoter and fighters are his product.

IMO a post I read in one of the many threads are being made right now makes the most sense: "He had to sell this PPV somehow".

Even the mighty Ronda, who he says now is capable to be Floyd Mayweather, will be put aside once she starts losing. No fighter is above the company, and we should all know this by now.

So you lose a fight and you can't be a p4p great.

Sorry Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones.....

You know how Sherdog is full of knee jerk reactions haha. Just like Jon Jones has no chance at all against Cormier because he dominated Hendo!

Dana looks like a genius after this. Why do people think he looks stupid?

Dana now gets to promote the guy that just knocked off the #1 P4P fighter in the world.

TJ Dillashaw = The good looking blonde kid from California that just beat the "best fighter on the planet".

Guaranteed Dana is smiling from ear to ear.

Nothing will ever make Dana look dumber than the time when he said Philipe Nover was the next GSP.

Marketable = English speaking

Marketable= Good looking, has a persona, has charisma, has mic skills, and is someone people want on their side.

Barao's complete lack of sponsors is even more evidence that the man isn't desirable.

True... and he's still one of the best fighters in the world.
His record is what now... 32-2?

What was DW supposed to say about his divisional champ with the best record in the entire UFC, longest unbeaten streak, and no losses in a decade?

Sherdog is just doing it's usual bullshit. Fighters are only as good as their last fight. As soon as they lose there's always a ton of people that immediately say they were never any good. This place has always been like that.

There's definitely some of that, but Dana was also really extending himself selling this dude.

I don't think it really has anything to do with Barao, but more that Dana just says whoever's fighting is the number one guy in the world, and people are bored so they laugh at him when it blows up.

No1 p4p lol

About as stupid as those people suggesting that GSP was one of the or the top fighter in the sport just before he lost to Serra.

In other words as stupid as everyone.

Uhm, he was the one pushing and ranting about the odds on this fight being crazy and that TJ had a much better chance than people gave him. So, not at all, actually.

There's definitely some of that, but Dana was also really extending himself selling this dude.

I don't think it really has anything to do with Barao, but more that Dana just says whoever's fighting is the number one guy in the world, and people are bored so they laugh at him when it blows up.

Yeah, he definitely pushes whoever is fighting next for sure.

And you're absolutely right, people will take any opportunity to get DW digs in, even if it isn't exactly warranted.

Wasn't like he was the only one saying it, at worst he was top 5 in everybody's p4p list.

I rank Aldo #1 P4P and after that it's nebulous. He's been dominant for a long time, and I have seen no weakness in him other than his gas tank, but of course he could lose to Mendes. We'll see.

I think Jon Jones, Cain and MM are all going to lose their next fights.

Dana could buy your face TS

Jon M'Fing Jones is and has always been the answer since his strangling of Machida I though he was #1 p4p and it continues to look like that.

Back