How stupid are MMA reporters?

PoisonGodMachin

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
None of them even brought up the possibility of making Matt Brown vs Hector Lombard in the post-fight scrum with Dana White, I would have the thought that was the most relevant question to ask

How about you become a MMA reporter and show them how it's done, TS?

Mma 'journalists' are the worst I have seen in any sport, they remind me of those north Korean news channels. Truly spineless.

They know Dana doesn't like to announce matches directly after a fight.

Helwani had more balls than any of them and got suspended for a few months.

balls and relevant questions is asking to have your credentials removed.

He already said they'll figure something out for him once they go back to Vegas but he'll get something big. Therefore, we can assume he'll get a top 10 opponent.

The average MMA reporter is slightly better than the average MMA fan. Not that great.

Hector Lombard would be a good choice and an amazing fight

The only MMA reporter I've ever seen who was slightly intelligent is Ariel Helwani. And he's a dick.

Journalism is one of the only jobs in the world where it's quite common for the average person to think they could do it better when, in fact, they've got no f#cking clue.

Journalism is one of the only jobs in the world where it's quite common for the average person to think they could do it better when, in fact, they've got no f#cking clue.

lol, we have a reporter here.

MMA reporters are not that bad, the problem is UFC banning them for making the right questions, so, they have to do that

One of them did ask Dana about a possible Brown vs Diaz fight. Kind of puts into perspective how relevant Nick still is.

The only MMA reporter I've ever seen who was slightly intelligent is Ariel Helwani. And he's a dick.

i think it is annoying that he tries to rub his allged intelligence into fighter's faces during interviews... trying to include fancy vocabulary that doesn't even fit in the context etc... it's like he wants to create a distance between the 'stupid/blue collar' fighter and himself, the educated journalist.

The average MMA reporter is slightly better than the average MMA fan. Not that great.

Hector Lombard would be a good choice and an amazing fight

Respectfully disagree. The average MMA reporter is slightly less than the average MMA fan. Obviously, yours and my difference is how we view what criteria make a "fan". Yet, I get your point...

Wouldn't you think the first question most people would be interested in is who Matt Brown is fighting next? And to add to the story you have Hector Lombard sitting on a card without an opponent after Nick Diaz didn't accept the fight, having to constantly beg the UFC for an opponent. It seems the MMA media have little time for Lombard for some reason which is becoming increasingly annoying considering his status in the division.

Because this is how it would go:

Reporter: "Dana, how about Brown v. Lombard?"
Dana: "Yeah, maybe. We'll see."
Reporter: "And Matt, your thoughts?"
Matt: "I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me."

Unless a fight is announced or it's a big bout, the UFC gives very few details until they're ready to announce a fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back