How strong was prime Rousey?

One of the best judo users I've seen.

I took some of her MMA/judo knowledge (mostly takedown threats from the clinch & entry developments) to myself.

She chains 4 main judo throws: uchi mata, kouchi gari, ouchi gari and tani otoshi like no one ever in MMA IMO.
q1Av1eS.gif

I thought you didn’t follow Ronda much? You do seem to talk about her a lot.

Lol you just busted a doufus who can't admit he loves her to death,...can't hide who you really are on sherdog <45>

Budd(beat Valentina)
Shevchenko's only losses were to Carmouche (the latter of whom landed an illegal upkick which caused a cut bad enough to stop the fight) and Nunes.

Shevchenko never fought Julia Budd.

Last edited:
She was a strong , young woman with pretty good grappling , throws and subs. Her striking and fight iq were total garbage, though. That’s what costed her 2 back to back maulings. She would have probably lost anyway but not as badly had she used a heavily grappling based gameplan instead of bum rushing 2 girls that are decades ahead of her in the striking department. Dumb move... her god awful coach was extremely damaging as well. She could have done much better going to an elite gym with real, experienced coaches and fellow pros giving her a honest assessment of her skills and weaknesses. Delusion can fire back badly.

Relative to her competition of course. I never really followed her career much. Was she stronger than most of her opposition or was she that much more skilled? Both maybe?
She was pretty strong, and had a dam good chin too she was getting hit flush by amanda nunes with combos and still never got knocked out cold even Holly Holm had to throw everything and the kitchen sink with that left high kick to knock her out.

Cyborg got hit with the same punch by Amanda yet was knocked out and dropped like a sack of bricks, Ronda was wobbled and dazed but still standing her jaw is freakish

Ronda if she had any real decent boxing would still be a top dog with that type of chin, such a shame Coach Edmund never taught her proper fundamentals and defense.

Relative to her competition of course. I never really followed her career much. Was she stronger than most of her opposition or was she that much more skilled? Both maybe?
Her mental strength unfortunately as her weakness

She had no problem submitting the stereotypical sherdogger back in the day.

Go to 4:01

I miss Ronda actually she was a beast only issue is her attitude got to her and her boxing coach destroyed her.

But she was fun to watch,dude said man she smells a lot nicer than Nick lol

strong enough to emasculated most sherbros.
Come on Bro, not a one of us is under 6'7" (maybe 6'6.5") and less than 270. Only one guy on these boards, that I am aware of, who could have been subbed by her.

Great fighter? You're joking!
She will be remembered in years to come mainly because she was the FIRST female champ.

She had a great armbar, good at judo, couldn't strike, had great blonde hair, reasonably attractive face and body, Dana was besotted by her.
Almost all her opponents were 2nd rate fighters. She beat Tate who was decent. Some of her opponents lost the fights, it wasn't a case that she won those fights.
Fighters that abandoned game plans and had sudden rush of blood to the head causing them to make ridiculous decisions.

As soon as she met two very good strikers she suffered hidings.
Runs from WMMA with her tail between her legs as a hyped up, but marketable, average, early, WMMA fighter who was also an unpleasant female and bully.
Other than that i really liked her, a lot.

Shevchenko's only losses were to Carmouche (the latter of whom landed an illegal upkick which caused a cut bad enough to stop the fight) and Nunes.

Shevchenko never fought Julia Budd.
I meant carmouche who rousey destroyed
GOAT

Yep before she made it to the UFC and the whole "DNB" and 'once ever' crap and 'under the right circumstances' she was actually a cool chick with a likeable personality.

Before the Miesha Tate fight in Strikeforce. Tate tried some psychological warfare with her back then and Rousey was triggered and that's where we saw the ugly side of her personality come out.

Before the Miesha Tate fight in Strikeforce. Tate tried some psychological warfare with her back then and Rousey was triggered and that's where we saw the ugly side of her personality come out.
Even before that fight Ronda showed she could have a chip on her shoulder. She was always confident and had the tensity so when Miesha started piping off it brought all that out at a higher level. For whatever reason Ronda did not like Miesha as soon as she saw her lol.

Back