How strong was prime Rousey?

"I have so many advantages, it's hard to say which one is the biggest."

What are you talking about?? Have you ever seen any coach encourage their fighter to move their head and clinch as much as Edmund? It was great coaching!
big_1493496464_image.jpg

She would get schooled by any competent male wrestler in HS and the push behind her and narrative of her being unstoppable drove me nuts.

She was in a very very young and undeveloped division of “mma” fighters who seemed to be just soccer moms.

As soon as the real competition began to filter through, she burned out like the star she was.

Def give her credit for doing what she did when she did it. But it was just that. Amazing timing agaisnt unskilled people. Made her a damn fortune. Talk about being blessed

The Honda who was in Strikeforce probably wouldn't have 50 paparazzi trying to take pictures of her busted up face either.QUOTE]
True. I still feel that she changed as she rose in popularity but she's retiring as a multi millionaire and all the best to her in her future.

Legend has it she has the strength of ten manlets

Why do people white knight for WMMA constantly? Most of the threads on it are just about the women's appearance, in fact. In reality WMMA fights are just generally not very high level.

They probably "white knight" wmma because they are fans of martial arts and know wmma is relatively new and basically where Pride was a decade ago but still, martial arts.

Her competition was part-time fighters and soccer moms like a lot of WMMA still is, but even worse at that time. Maybe equivalent to a good male fighter skill wise ~15 years ago? Just a rough guesstimate.
You just pulled that out of your ass.

Her competition was barely better than what Jon Jons fights these days, so hard to say.

But yeah obviously her grappling strength was solid.

great judoka, highly athletic, pretty poor striking mixed w low level of comp in wmma plus horrible coaching.

mmas a mix, like MIXED martial arts guys
She had power though. She understood how to sit into her punches, very few women do it which is why you have a bunch of flurries and mostly decisions.

If she had a decent striking coach she would have been a savage on the feet.

Relative to her competition of course. I never really followed her career much. Was she stronger than most of her opposition or was she that much more skilled? Both maybe?
she was very physically strong along with having amazing grappling strength / leverage.

Nobody even to this day can match her Judo prowess / grappling skill In general. She was tough.

I tend to think Hollywood destroyed her above all else. If she'd been 100% focused on fighting, could still very well have been on top today.

They probably "white knight" wmma because they are fans of martial arts and know wmma is relatively new and basically where Pride was a decade ago but still, martial arts.

Seeing as Pride ended over a decade ago, and WMMA has never and likely will never approach anywhere near the level of peak Pride fights, I don't think so. And these fans talk more about the women fighters looks than the actual fights. That isn't because they are such hardcore fans of martial arts.

Why do people white knight for WMMA constantly? Most of the threads on it are just about the women's appearance, in fact. In reality WMMA fights are just generally not very high level.

Go watch the One Championship WMMA fights. Some of them are really good.

Seeing as Pride ended over a decade ago, and WMMA has never and likely will never approach anywhere near the level of peak Pride fights, I don't think so. And these fans talk more about the women fighters looks than the actual fights. That isn't because they are such hardcore fans of martial arts.

Yeah dudes complaining about fighters looks are just losers.

I think wmma has definitely exceeded Pride as far as skill and athleticism

Stronger than soccer moms.

She had power though. She understood how to sit into her punches, very few women do it which is why you have a bunch of flurries and mostly decisions.

If she had a decent striking coach she would have been a savage on the feet.

That's the thing: she could have been a good striker. She just wound up with the shittiest excuse for a coach in recorded history.

I always felt a huge Ronda problem was that she had bad entries most of her opponents would end up in her clinch carelessly or by accident
She couldnt really clinch too well when she fought 2 girls smart enough to keep that distance.

Back