How strong was prime Rousey?

Yep before she made it to the UFC and the whole "DNB" and 'once ever' crap and 'under the right circumstances' she was actually a cool chick with a likeable personality.

She's pretty much the same. It's just the fans who can't separate promotion from reality.

She's pretty much the same. It's just the fans who can't separate promotion from reality.
I think the Ronda who was in Strikeforce wouldn't have hid her face behind the pillow coming out of the airport or make the claim she can beat a HW. That's just my 2 cents though.

i bet she was damn strong
but mostly she just had way better grappling than any of her opponents

u know someone is a superstar and knew how to promote herself when 3 years after retiring she has 3 threads about her on front page of an MMA forum...

I think the Ronda who was in Strikeforce wouldn't have hid her face behind the pillow coming out of the airport or make the claim she can beat a HW. That's just my 2 cents though.

The Honda who was in Strikeforce probably wouldn't have 50 paparazzi trying to take pictures of her busted up face either. The Cain comment was pretty harmless if you read the full quote.

Flipping house wives and Pilates instructors over makes you look strong.

Yeah some of it. Joanna was pretty bad too
not bad. Joanna and ronda just know how to sell fights and play the heel to do it..... prize fighting is all about getting people interested in you. People who make money know how to get people to like them and also know how to get people who dislike them to tune in to "see them lose"

its all an act. I have met ronda a couple of times, she was a very nice person

Relative to her competition of course. I never really followed her career much. Was she stronger than most of her opposition or was she that much more skilled? Both maybe?
Both. Legit judo, good subs, physically strong especially in the clinch.

Strong enough to be Cain under the right circumstances. So I'd say pretty dang strong!

Excellent Judoka practitioner. Horrible striker with poor feet and head movement. She shuffled her feet, depended on getting within clinching range and paid for it when her opponents kept their distance.

Attitude wise she seemed like a major bitch and was a sore loser. She definitely put WMMA on the map though and increased it's popularity, especially with females.

She never said she can beat Cain, she just explained how she never gives herself 0% chance. Morons who didn't actually read what she said just used a clickbait headline to justify their irrational Ronda hate. Same with her joke answer about Mayweather.

I still think if she had decent coaching and training she would be undefeated. As an athlete she was unmatched, combined with her innate toughness and judo base she could have done a lot better.

Ah well.

Yea and Anderson is a better and stronger wrestler than Weidman because he stuffed one takedown.

Sherdog.
Lol what. You think it's a coincidence that the one girl who was just as athletic and strong as her was able to not only stuff her takedown but pick her up with no technique and drop on her on her ass. I don't think Holly has a better ground game, but I think defending trips and throws are alot easier for her because she's is just as strong if not stronger then Ronda.

Rousey got knocked out of the UFC twice and good riddance

Back