How strong was prime Rousey?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Relative to her competition of course. I never really followed her career much. Was she stronger than most of her opposition or was she that much more skilled? Both maybe?

She seemed to flip people like pancakes back in the day

Clearly not as strong as Holly.

great judoka, highly athletic, pretty poor striking mixed w low level of comp in wmma plus horrible coaching.

mmas a mix, like MIXED martial arts guys

strong enough to emasculated most sherbros.

Just on strength alone, she was undoubtedly stronger than most of her competition. Add to that the skill discrepancy/ low level of competition and you get that kind of dominance

I thought you didn’t follow Ronda much? You do seem to talk about her a lot.

Not trolling i think rousey is on another level period.......

I used to be a Ronda Rousey fan

Who cares what she looks like shes an exciting fighter. Then again so is Ronda. First wmma fight i think ive ever been looking forward to

I wouldnt call her a fraud. She was thw beat of her era she just never evolved and the division passed her by

I don't recall Ronda ever pulling out of a fight. Love her or hate her she was exciting to watch. Granted now we're stuck with wmma forever because of it. Not sure what point I'm trying to make.

Annoying person but Great fighter, amazing champion.

She accumulated 6 title defenses in what i felt like was such a short time. She was active and fighting regularly when she had the belt taking on all comers. She should ALWAYS be respected for atleast that.

is4r9u.gif

Too soon?

Really good
She has a lot of good wins like Zingano(beat nunes)
Tate(beat Holm)
Budd(beat Valentina)
ETC
She was MMA’s first A level Athlete

Her competition was part-time fighters and soccer moms like a lot of WMMA still is, but even worse at that time. Maybe equivalent to a good male fighter skill wise ~15 years ago? Just a rough guesstimate.

One of the best judo users I've seen.

I took some of her MMA/judo knowledge (mostly takedown threats from the clinch & entry developments) to myself.

She chains 4 main judo throws: uchi mata, kouchi gari, ouchi gari and tani otoshi like no one ever in MMA IMO.

Relative to her competition of course. I never really followed her career much. Was she stronger than most of her opposition or was she that much more skilled? Both maybe?
both. she had an olympic level judo game/ground game, while the rest of the division was far behind for many years, which is typical for a very young sport. huge gaps between skills

Clearly Holly was stronger.

I thought you didn’t follow Ronda much? You do seem to talk about her a lot.
Well i meant her earlier career. She won like 9 fights by armbar before she even hit the UFC.

She had no problem submitting the stereotypical sherdogger back in the day.

Go to 4:01

Back