How strong and how fast do you think ufc guys are ?

Elite MMA fighters are elite athletes. Simple as that.
This. Sherdog knows absolutely nothing about training and athletes. Take Demian Maia for example.

Maia: Runs a sub 5 minute mile, deadlifts over 400lbs, has ungodly flexibility, insane mental toughness, and trains a high contact sport 30 hours a week. Literally in the top 1% in EVERY SINGLE athletic trait.

Average Sherdog Member: "Maia is a D level dad whose top athletic ability is using the elliptical at the local YMCA"

When you have clowns on these forums who have NEVER trained with an MMA fighter it will be hard to convince them what these guys really are.

Again, it’s nothing official and the article doesn’t source anything but it certainly a credible source.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1830855

Read the article and it's just them stating the aforementioned stats. No source or context for them. I can do the same thing, it certainly doesn't make it true.

Also, apparently Brock really doesn't like gays!

This. Sherdog knows absolutely nothing about training and athletes. Take Demian Maia for example.

Maia: Runs a sub 5 minute mile, deadlifts over 400lbs, has ungodly flexibility, insane mental toughness, and trains a high contact sport 30 hours a week. Literally in the top 1% in EVERY SINGLE athletic trait.

Average Sherdog Member: "Maia is a D level dad whose top athletic ability is using the elliptical at the local YMCA"

When you have clowns on these forums who have NEVER trained with an MMA fighter it will be hard to convince them what these guys really are.

It's a weird superiority complex casuals and American white boys have wrt he NFL/Lebron being somehow automatically superior to MMA from an athletic standpoint. I can only assume that it has something to do with a deep attachment to a sport they grew up with and may have participated in (while not being particularly good at it and getting owned by guys who went on to play at the higher levels) versus a sport they sort of understand and simply have not ever participated in.

I've said it before and I've said it again, to truly grasp and appreciate MMA you have to have some sort of training background. You can enjoy it all you want, but to truly become a knowledgeable fan you have to participate in some way.

Just my two cents.

It's a weird superiority complex casuals and American white boys have wrt he NFL/Lebron being somehow automatically superior to MMA from an athletic standpoint. I can only assume that it has something to do with a deep attachment to a sport they grew up with and may have participated in (while not being particularly good at it and getting owned by guys who went on to play at the higher levels) versus a sport they sort of understand and simply have not ever participated in.

I've said it before and I've said it again, to truly grasp and appreciate MMA you have to have some sort of training background. You can enjoy it all you want, but to truly become a knowledgeable fan you have to participate in some way.

Just my two cents.
If you can't see the difference in athleticism between Lebron James and Demaian Maia, man I just can't help you.

Tony Ferguson posted a running time once, and while it wasn't exactly 5k, it was close to it and for a 5k his times was between ~19 minutes.
If you've regularly ran a 10k under 40 mins then that is very respectable (seriously) - however did you at the same do strength training and were able to lift the amounts of weight i've listed? (and if so: were you a bigger size then the average top lightweight anyway?)
Because to be both a respectably fast runner and have very solid amounts of strength is not that easy.
I will take a minute to brag since Ive had serious hip problems for 22 months now and will likely never run and practice, let alonr compete, ever again.
I mentioned my cousin always did under 40. My best 10K, of which Im very proud, was 40min15s. If I knew how close to sub 40, I might have made it. But probably not. I brought a buddy, ex pro football/soccer player with me for that race. I was ultra hungover, but being very competitive, couldnt let it go. We had jokingly challenged each other for months up until then. I beat the fucker by 15 seconds.
Ive practiced martial arts from 4 years old and started lifting at 16 because I was way too skinny and wanted the pussy.

Didnt read whatever numbers you listed. My best bench figures were 220lbs for 4 reps in my prime. Nearly shit myself, needed support from the second rep, and am positive my right elbow was damaged in those stupid, pointless sessions.
Ive been around 170lbs with about 10% bodyfat since 17. Now 164, probably 15% bf. Still ok for a barely mobile man, but its killing me.

Really big numbers in terms of bench, deadlift and squat aren't that important. Strength is useful depending on your game but it's one of the least important attributes needed for fighting. You just need to be "strong" enough for your weight class. I would rather see some fighters work on their flexibility instead of weight training.

Big John McCarthy said on JRE that the average viewers at home have no idea how hard some of the strikes are.

athlecism helps but will not make you a fighter.

was brock scared of gettin hit in the face while he was great athlete
Yes he was but that's not really a great case study for your example since he became the champion of the premiere organization (though not at HW at the time) despite that with very little training based purely on his athleticism.

You’re entitled to your opinion. Rob Gronkowski’s outlandish claim, literally means nothing. The fact of the matter is he had a chance to play in HS, and was given an offer by the Browns a few years ago to try his hand again. He didn’t do it for a reason. Sorry, Gronkowski saying you’d be great doesn’t make you great. Bo Jackson was very good at both sports. He was not the best in the world at either. Not even close.

While he may not have the best pure baseball player in the MLB, he was, by far, the best athlete in MLB. Not disagreeing with you, just saying that his raw athleticism was off the charts even compared to other high level pro athletes.

While he may not have the best pure baseball player in the MLB, he was, by far, the best athlete in MLB. Not disagreeing with you, just saying that his raw athleticism was off the charts even compared to other high level pro athletes.
Absolutely agree. He was incredibly gifted. I was just saying being the absolute best in one thing, even with immense physical advantages, does not mean you will be the “best” in another. Guys come on here and think a guy who was in a top paying sport like football will be the best fighter because he is 6 8 and 260 lbs at low bf. That myth has been proven wrong. Fighters are a different type of athlete.

I mean, in football, you have complete freaks, guys who deadlift 600 pounds but still run a 11s 100m.
How strong and how fast do you think ufc top contenders are (a top flyweight ? a top ww ? a top hw ?)
How athletic are those guys compared to other sports' top athletes?

As far as strength, Stipe or DC would rag doll any clean NFL (ha) player. Neither of them can run a 4.5 40 but they’d embarrass any linebacker or lineman with a single leg Or clinch to single/double leg and pound them out in round 2. Stipe could KO any of em on the feet, DC stuns em and kills em on the ground. DC and Stipe are gorillas.

Football players are eating nuggets and stuff. They can't take weight cutting

Back