How strong and how fast do you think ufc guys are ?

Don't you regularly slander guys like Fedor? Imagine the delusion required to prop up a gifted belt freakshow with a 5-3 MMA record as legitimate and then turn around and question a guy who literally went undefeated for 10 straight years.........

As I said five posts ago (which you couldn't leave alone, ergo requirement for attention), good day sir.
No, I don’t regularly slander guys like fedor. Fedor is among the handful of greatest fighters of all time. Which I always say. Good day.

"Athleticism" is a subjective term. The athleticism required for mma is not the same as that required for NFL, or marathon running or swimming or tennis. They're the best at what they do.

Bench, dash, vertical are important for NFL but irrelevant for most sports, including mma. Americans just love NFL

Technique matters more than anything, especially for a lineman. Which is why Hardy was successful and Lesnar wasn't.
Technique matters but size is a prerequisite as well. That alone differentiates many collegiate players from nfl players.

That's pretty impressive tbh, my numbers are estimated for the most part, except for the 5k time, i think i recall Aleksandar Rakic (who's a big and muscular light heavyweight) to deadlift around 190kg and bench 110 or 120 or so.
I'm 25 years old with a nearly similar height 183.5 cm, and around the same weight as well. My 5k is nowhere near 19 minutes atm and i'm not as strong either, but i'm working on it.

In fairness I am a decent runner (started at age 30) and kill myself to do sub 20 5ks. Also, for my tiny frame always been relatively good at the bench as I try to not look like a total ecto.

Keep pushing that pace, it is tough mentally. Real cardo "athletes" though shame me.... we are all not created equal for sure!

He didn’t dedicate himself to football.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ave-been-rob-gronkowski-before-rob-gronkowski

“The general manager doesn't mince words: "LeBron James would have been the best tight end of all time. He would have been Rob Gronkowski before Rob Gronkowski. No one would be able to cover him. He would have set records every season."

“Others believe he had the potential to be the best two-sport athlete of all time—better even than Deion Sanders (baseball and football), Bo Jackson (same) or Jim Brown (only player in the lacrosse and NFL Halls of Fame).

But most I spoke to believe James not only would have been a perennial Pro Bowler, but that he also would have gone to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

One scout told me James would have been one of the 10 best football players of all time. Not tight ends. Football players. That's how highly some in the NFL thought of him. Think of him.”

You’re entitled to your opinion but don’t just dismiss the opinion of others educated on the topic.
You’re entitled to your opinion. Rob Gronkowski’s outlandish claim, literally means nothing. The fact of the matter is he had a chance to play in HS, and was given an offer by the Browns a few years ago to try his hand again. He didn’t do it for a reason. Sorry, Gronkowski saying you’d be great doesn’t make you great. Bo Jackson was very good at both sports. He was not the best in the world at either. Not even close.

You’re entitled to your opinion. Rob Gronkowski’s outlandish claim, literally means nothing. The fact of the matter is he had a chance to play in HS, and was given an offer by the Browns a few years ago to try his hand again. He didn’t do it for a reason. Sorry, Gronkowski saying you’d be great doesn’t make you great. Bo Jackson was very good at both sports. He was not the best in the world at either. Not even close.
It wasn’t gronkowski that said he’d be great. Read the link.

Are you seriously suggesting the best basketball player in the world and one of the most famous and wealthy not taking an offer to play football says anything about his ability to play football?

In fairness I am a decent runner (started at age 30) and kill myself to do sub 20 5ks. Also, for my tiny frame always been relatively good at the bench as I try to not look like a total ecto.

Keep pushing that pace, it is tough mentally. Real cardo "athletes" though shame me.... we are all not created equal for sure!
Yeah those are decent times as well! Pretty cool that one is able to sustain a fast running pace even when getting older, while strength goes down faster (sadly).
Yeah, killing oneself is hard to avoid at distances from 10k and below, especially 5k imho.
Know what you mean with the bench, i kinda feel the same, although my main focus is on strength - and yep, we're not created equal in the terms mentioned, haha.
When i was playing soccer i felt like often like lacking stamina, despite being one of those who've turned up to training pretty much always and drinking way less often than many of my teammates.. but that's just how it is i guess - i was relatively quick though (and i think my handspeed is decent as well).
Regarding the strength of the lightweights: i wonder how someone with the strength of a powerlifter would do against a regular UFC lightweight (assuming they're halfways equal in skill) - i mean it's possible to deadlift 440+ lbs amd bench 330+ lbs for some people at 175lbs, although that person has to be very dedicated.
A good friend of mine (21 years old) deadlifts 518lbs, benches 342 lbs and squats 496lbs while being roughly the same height as Conor McGregor - he's around 195lbs though, haha.

It wasn’t gronkowski that said he’d be great. Read the link.

Are you seriously suggesting the best basketball player in the world and one of the most famous and wealthy not taking an offer to play football says anything about his ability to play football?
I’m suggesting the same thing I’ve suggested the whole time. He would not be the best football player in the world. Done going back and forth with you. I read the article. It’s people making claims with no facts to back them.

That's not that crazy. I know a guy who's been powerlifting for about 3 years part time and he deadlifts 600 pounds and can run 100 meters in 11 or 12 seconds. He's a 5'8" and 195 pound black guy.

Football players are immensely overrated on these forums.
Lifting 600 pounds after three years and running 11-12s on 100m is f*cking insane though. Like, really, reaaally insane, at least if he's natural (heck, these numbers would be solid for someone on gear after only 3 years.)

that's a big assumption. do you have any proof that they're not comparable? i'd bet that someone like Robert Whittaker would be stronger than the majority of the top soccer players, have better cardio than most of the top NFL and MLB players, and be faster than the NBA guys.
Robert Whittaker is a (very) well rounded athlete for sure. Maybe he'd have the cardio for soccer as well (assuming he'd below ~185 lbs fully hydrated).
If only there was more numbers on how fast these athletes run etc. would be realy interesting to know!

To this awesome thread, I just wanted to add that like many of you, I am also very, very fit and have a deep intuitive understanding of every aspect of athleticism. Perhaps the most remarkable thing about me is that I almost never train -- and when I do train, I do only behind-the-neck pulldowns with more weight than I can handle.

Way more in bench. I could bench 200 lbs (I think that's about 90kgs) in highschool at a whopping 120lbs. And I was decently athletic compared to the average but FAAAAAR from a freak. Way far.
I'm sorry, but i have a very hard time believing this. Benching 200lbs (at which age exactly?) while weighing 120lbs would make you a genetic freak in my eyes.
Screenshot_20191109-043449.png
I mean, just look at those numbers, and this chart is meant for actual powerlifters.

I'm sorry, but i have a very hard time believing this. Benching 200lbs (at which age exactly?) while weighing 120lbs would make you a genetic freak in my eyes.
View attachment 674619
I mean, just look at those numbers, and this chart is meant for actual powerlifters.
Senior in high school. IDK where that chart came from, but basically any high schooler who spends a year lifting can bench 200. I also had friends who were 165-180 who could do 285++. I had one friend who was maybe 200 who could bench 350 in high school. And I went to a small school.

I don't know who made this chart or what for. I'm kind of laughing at the idea of a 114 pound powerlifter? Are you sure this isn't for women or kids or something? Anyway, it looks like I would've been a grade 2 at the lift I was probably best at. Doesn't make me a genetic freak, trust me!

Senior in high school. IDK where that chart came from, but basically any high schooler who spends a year lifting can bench 200. I also had friends who were 165-180 who could do 285++. I had one friend who was maybe 200 who could bench 350 in high school. And I went to a small school.

I don't know who made this chart or what for. I'm kind of laughing at the idea of a 114 pound powerlifter? Are you sure this isn't for women or kids or something? Anyway, it looks like I would've been a grade 2 at the lift I was probably best at. Doesn't make me a genetic freak, trust me!
I mean benching 200 after a year of training surely is doable, but how on earth while weighing a friggin' 120 pounds? I'm 6ft tall with small joints, but the last version of me that would've been able to be healthy at that weight was maybe 14 or 15 year old me.. all these other bench + bodyweight numbers seem (far) more reasonable to me. (No offense really!)

Less fast and less strong than roided up NFL players, but infinitely better at giving and receiving face punches.

Technique matters but size is a prerequisite as well. That alone differentiates many collegiate players from nfl players.
Well size wasn't the issue in the Hardy/Lesnar stats.

Back