1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

How strong and how fast do you think ufc guys are ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by GoatArtemLobov, Nov 7, 2019.

1. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

Again, it’s nothing official and the article doesn’t source anything but it certainly a credible source.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=1830855

HunterAcosta likes this.
  2. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

Some guys can obviously be great in more than one thing. Who knows how good he could have been at football. Basketball was the better choice for him even if he could have been jerry rice.

3. Natural Order

Natural Order Bad Mutha Shoopa

You're really going to argue that beating Couture was some feat for Lesnar?
    Randy Couture was 45 years old and outweighed by 50+ lbs. Hadn't fought for over a year. Nobody on the planet thought Couture stood a chance, regardless of Brock's minimal foray into MMA. Fight was a joke and a literal hand off to Brock.

If that's the best thing you've got on Lesnar's resume, I stand by my original posts.

4. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

His prior 2 fights were against guys who were experienced, top fighters, and outweighed him by a lot.

The fight was basically even odds so please don’t try to argue no one thought randy could win. And it was even odds not (just) because Brock outweighed him by so much but because of how good people thought Brock could be.

5. Bjjpitbull8

Bjjpitbull8 Red Belt

Great yes, the best, no. He loved football and was an incredible player. The browns were willing to sign him. He doesn’t have what it takes to be the absolute best in anything but basketball. That’s just how athletics are. I do think he could probably play in the NFL with enough work, but I don’t think just because of his talent in basketball, that he can just jump in any sport. That’s a common misconception. He’s never going to hit a baseball like Hank Aaron, a golf ball like tiger woods, a tennis ball like Federer, and he won’t be Jon Jones, no matter what.

HunterAcosta likes this.
  6. Natural Order

Semantics. Lesnar's "career" was a farce. Good day sir.

Joonyer likes this.
  7. Nigelbro

Nigelbro White Belt

Twice as long as it is from the middle to the end

Joonyer likes this.
  8. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

He didn’t love football enough to leave the nba for it. Don’t pretend he couldn’t have walked on to an nfl team.

The nfl is less “skill” dependent like other sports. It is more athletic / size.

9. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

He beat quality, experienced and established mma hw’s. I fail to see how that’s a farce.

10. Natural Order

It's incredible that people have different opinions eh? Fuck...

11. BrianC18t

BrianC18t Yellow Belt

I am a somewhat skinny fat dad, paper pusher for a job, D level athlete on a good day, 6 feet tall and 170-175 lbs (easily a lightweight if I cut), 42 years old,run 19:xx 5Ks and can bench 100kgs or more (1 rep). I can't deadlift shit tough.

I don't eat the best diet, drink some beer, and enjoy life.... while lifting once, running 4 or 5 days, and biking once a week. Sometimes get a swim in there too, play just dance, and some othere stuff too....

I bet most of the lightweights are a bit more impressive than that.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    HunterAcosta and Ironnik94 like this.
  12. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

I explained why I didn’t think it’s a farce....your response doesn’t really fit....

13. Natural Order

You sound desperate for human interaction right now bro. Settle down and go get some air.

14. Bjjpitbull8

Bjjpitbull8 Red Belt

He played wide receiver in high school and was considered very very good. Yes, I said he could have played in the NFL, but he would not have been one of the best football players in the world. His reflexes, gifts, and talents were meant for basketball.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  15. Mamou

Mamou Brown Belt

Technique matters more than anything, especially for a lineman. Which is why Hardy was successful and Lesnar wasn't.

16. Ironnik94

Ironnik94 Celery Belt

That's pretty impressive tbh, my numbers are estimated for the most part, except for the 5k time, i think i recall Aleksandar Rakic (who's a big and muscular light heavyweight) to deadlift around 190kg and bench 110 or 120 or so.
    I'm 25 years old with a nearly similar height 183.5 cm, and around the same weight as well. My 5k is nowhere near 19 minutes atm and i'm not as strong either, but i'm working on it.

BrianC18t likes this.
  17. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

Lol. Projecting much?

18. HunterAcosta

HunterAcosta Brown Belt

Bout tree fiddy.

19. Natural Order

Don't you regularly slander guys like Fedor? Imagine the delusion required to prop up a gifted belt freakshow with a 5-3 MMA record as legitimate and then turn around and question a guy who literally went undefeated for 10 straight years.........

As I said five posts ago (which you couldn't leave alone, ergo requirement for attention), good day sir.

TR1 likes this.
  20. kflo

kflo Steel Belt

He didn’t dedicate himself to football.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ave-been-rob-gronkowski-before-rob-gronkowski

“The general manager doesn't mince words: "LeBron James would have been the best tight end of all time. He would have been Rob Gronkowski before Rob Gronkowski. No one would be able to cover him. He would have set records every season."

“Others believe he had the potential to be the best two-sport athlete of all time—better even than Deion Sanders (baseball and football), Bo Jackson (same) or Jim Brown (only player in the lacrosse and NFL Halls of Fame).

But most I spoke to believe James not only would have been a perennial Pro Bowler, but that he also would have gone to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

One scout told me James would have been one of the 10 best football players of all time. Not tight ends. Football players. That's how highly some in the NFL thought of him. Think of him.”

You’re entitled to your opinion but don’t just dismiss the opinion of others educated on the topic.