1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

How solid is the theory of Evolution

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Joe_Armstrong, Apr 2, 2018.

?

Do you believe Evolution Theory is correct ?

1. Yes

86.1%
  2. No

13.9%
  1. LangfordBarrow

LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

It would be some species from the cambrian explosion if you go back 500 million years. Something like Ichthyostega would be the common ancestor for land animals if you consider that a fish. A coelacanth looks like a fish but is more closely related to us than to modern fish.

Crazy Diamond and Fawlty like this.
  2. LangfordBarrow

LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

So are you saying this but not agreeing with it? If whales were land mammals before they adapted to the sea then they would not have been whales. The common ancestor would be a mammal that looked like a rodent. Over time we adapted to our current primate form while another group went on to adapt to an aquatic enviroment.

Crazy Diamond likes this.
  3. esdoornblad

esdoornblad How soon is now?

This may seem like a side-issue, but in fact it's a central concept in this thread. That is why I keep suggesting that it's a waste of time to try to debate the science when it's a denial based on psychology.

4. oleDirtyBast4rd

oleDirtyBast4rd Banned Banned

It is cold blooded, has a backbone, and fins. That would be a fish

5. Married...With Boxing

Married...With Boxing White Belt

Well, then I have absolutely no recourse but to make the face in your avatar at you.

6. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond 2GM/c^2 belt

Sitting in a bunker, here behind my wall.
    delete

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond 2GM/c^2 belt

Sitting in a bunker, here behind my wall.
    Edit: I see I misunderstood the tenor of your post.
    But those are claims that demonstrate a failure to understand the theory. That's something that can be overcome if one is willing to listen. Sadly, I'm not getting a sense of willingness to listen from his posts any more than you do.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  8. Voodoo_Child906

Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

He misunderstands simple concepts at an astonishing level like his definition of "fish" a few posts above. In an earlier post I asked him to explain (even if he disagreed) how biologists corroborate fossil evidence with DNA and he couldn't do it. His issues are on the philosophical level and those have to be overcome before any evidence can be presented to him.

Crazy Diamond likes this.
  9. Legumes

Legumes Shoe String Belt

Wet Blanket likes this.
  10. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

I don't think the Earth's stratum is talked enough when talking about evidence for evolution by natural selection. For those that don't know, the Earth is made up in layers. Imagine a cake with a layer of chocolate, another layer of yellow cake, etc. Due to plate movement, the Earth layers itself over time.

This allows us to literally dig or in some cases, simply go into ancient canyons and look into the past.

Here's an example in Argentina where you can clearly see the different layers. If you dig under the dirt, you would continue to see more and more layers.

[​IMG]

Now why this is important to the theory of natural selection is that it predicts that you are only going to find fossils of a certain type in each layer. The top layer, you're going to find humans and all forms of life that you see today. If you keep going down layers, you find previous species and descendants. For instance, if you go deep enough in the layers, you're never going to find a rabbit because they simply didn't exist yet. You'll also never find a human on the same layer as a T-Rex.

The right fossils, the right place, the right time and with the right features. This alone is an extremely strong argument for evolution by natural selection. When you add in DNA, it's overwhelming.

If you are a creationist or just someone that doubts evolution by natural selection, how do you refute this? If Creationism is true as described in the Abrahahamic Bible, God created all life as-is. If this is the case, we would see humans and all other animals in every layer of the stratum. This simply doesn't happen.

Further more, if you want to shake the theory to its absolute core and win a Nobel prize, find that rabbit fossil in a layer you're not supposed to be able to find one. Good luck.