Opinion How should we deal with WHO? Given there pro Chinese sentiment?

Watching that interview with the taiwanese young lady asking if they recognize taiwan and the guy pretends the question wasnt asked and hangs up.

WHO haunted by old tweet saying China found no human transmission of coronavirus
New York Post
March 20, 2020
| 11:10am

"The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak.

The Chinese government reportedly knew the disease was spreading before the tweet was sent, according to the South China Morning Post.

The New York Times’ China correspondent, Amy Quin, said Tuesday on Twitter that the country had begun expelling American journalists."

"Crimes against humanity are certain acts that are purposely committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian or an identifiable part of a civilian population."

They knew a pandemic was about to go global yet put out false information as to how it spread and advised against taking the best course of action to stop it. Both China and the WHO are guilty of this making them culpable.

I'm sure there are provisions under international law to deal with these criminals. Treat it like a global bio weapon attack because that's exactly what it amounts to. Bio weapons are outlawed, after all..

The defense that it was and accident is irrelevant as lies, omissions and misdirecrion only had one possible outcome. And both China and the WHO knew exactly what that outcome would be.

"We didn't mean for hundreds of thousands to die and for the world economy to collapse. We knew it would happen and made sure it did, but we didn't mean for it to happen."

Off with their heads!

The WHO can be dealt with. Punishing China on the other hand is going to take some doing.

Last edited:
Weird how an organization that the USA has pulled back from has gotten closer to china.

Can anyone explain how that happened? Why would a part of the UN be close to china instead of the USA?
They're lying to the WORLD, endangering EVERYONE. Don't be a dipshit.

WHO haunted by old tweet saying China found no human transmission of coronavirus
New York Post
March 20, 2020
| 11:10am

"The World Health Organization (WHO) is now haunted by a tweet it sent earlier this year when it cited Chinese health officials who claimed there had been no human transmissions of the novel coronavirus within the country yet.

The Jan. 14 tweet came less than two months before WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China,” the organization had said.

It also relied on information from Chinese health authorities who have been accused of obscuring facts and figures during the course of the outbreak.

The Chinese government reportedly knew the disease was spreading before the tweet was sent, according to the South China Morning Post.

The New York Times’ China correspondent, Amy Quin, said Tuesday on Twitter that the country had begun expelling American journalists."

I don't see the issue. They quoted the source.

Do people on here really believe that America is not in on shady businesses with other countries? Its a serious question lol.

Of course it is. And those countries have every right to be upset about it.

Doctors in Wuhan already knew about h2h transmission weeks before that, and were threatened with imprisonment for speaking about it. Yet even still, WHO praises for China for their transparency.

Watching that interview with the taiwanese young lady asking if they recognize taiwan and the guy pretends the question wasnt asked and hangs up.

That one was so disgusting. And some of the earlier WHO press conferences where they said that China set a new standard for outbreak containment, and that China is actually teaching WHO how to contain outbreaks...like a month before a global shutdown due to pandemic.

Doctors in Wuhan already knew about h2h transmission weeks before that, and were threatened with imprisonment for speaking about it. Yet even still, WHO praises for China for their transparency.

I don't see how that reflects badly on the WHO as opposed to China

The WHO ain't all that bad...

It was the World Health Organization who declared dogs could not contract this virus, therefore, giving dog owners the confidence to take their canines out in public.

I guess you could say WHO let the dogs out.

f1ccf9c542dc6c44a36f4a2db1d4347e.gif

One would think they'd verify information instead of acting like tabloid reporters relying on known sketchy sources.

Meth Head Billy Bob said crime is non-existent so feel free to leave your stuff unlocked folks. You're in the clear!

The WHO is either in the CCP's pocket or run and staffed by absolute morons. Imagine for a second you're a doctor, you've got all this training and experience, and China tells you more than 2 months after a SARS outbreak that they're "pretty confident human-to-human transmission cannot occur". I would hope that doctor's reaction would be the same as my dentist's when I tell him I regularly floss. But it wasn't, they bought that, and then made recommendations based on that so obviously false information. You know who didn't buy that shit? Taiwan. They called the CCP's bullshit, sent their own people to investigate and then rang the alarm bells. And now it's become clear that they've mounted one of best defenses against the virus.

The WHO is but a symptom though. Bigger than this, we need to stop letting China get away with their bullshit:

- egregious human rights abuses, ranging from mass surveillance and government censorship to forced labour camps
- worst polluter on the planet, not because they have the most manufacturing, but because they give zero fucks about the environment and use processes and materials that would never get greenlit anywhere else
- continual, blatant lies to the international community
- hotspot for virus outbreaks because they basically have done nothing since the first SARS outbreak to get their shit together (of course they told us they did, but here we are, wet markets are clearly still all the rage, and that state of the art alert system they apparently put in place after SARS must have malfunctioned I guess)
- involved in an insane amount of illegal animal trafficking, because the government itself espouses the benefits of ivory small dick cures

However, there definitely doesn't seem to be any will to act against China, so I'm expecting this to go pretty much like the last outbreak 15 years ago: China makes some promises, tells us how great everything is now, then basically reverts to whatever they were doing before. We all ignore it until 2035 when this whole shitshow repeats itself, only this time with 1 billion more people to spread the virus.

Do people on here really believe that America is not in on shady businesses with other countries? Its a serious question lol.
People tend to believe whatever tribe they are in 100% and disbelieve whatever tribe they are not in 100%.

So, basically....

USA = good, tells the truth
China = bad, doesn't tell the truth

It's pretty much that simple for the common human who believes he is American. Tribalism.

Does anyone feel like there isn't a pro-chinese sentiment though? I'd like to hear the argument.

Well, they are probably pampering China because they think getting fake numbers from them is still better than getting no stats at all. That's always the problem when dealing with such a touchy superpower. If they say anything they'll get banned from the country and we'd be even more reliant on official propaganda.

The WHO head and upper eschelon officials are in China's pocket. They went over the top in defending China and lauding their efforts.

The US needs to threaten the WHO with funding cut unless they fire the head honchos. WHO is nothing but shilling for the CCP. They deserve a lot of blame for the spread of this virus.

Back