How should the UFC push Cody?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KB Warrior, Dec 31, 2016.

1. KB Warrior

KB Warrior Brown Belt

I think Cody put himself in a strange place promotionally last night because he came into the fight with a bit of a douche bag image but didn't keep it after. He was a guy that was easy to hate with his dude bro speech patterns and short temper. Then when he brought the kid out and gave him the belt it made me think Cody is not that bad. I didn't start to like him though I just became indifferent and indifference is promotional cancer.

He has the look (young, handsome, muscled, tats, etc.) but he can't talk like Conor. When he talks its either very basic responses or its cringeworthy nonsense. He likely isn't going to be able to keep his rep as a KO artist fighting the best of the best since the top manlets bounce around the cage like a monkey on crystal meth.

So how should the UFC market him if he can't be a bad guy and he can't be a dominant KO artist?

2. Irishwhiskey119

Irishwhiskey119 Banned Banned

Market his looks. Don't let him talk.

groo likes this.
  3. Bogeyman

Bogeyman Electrical Cord Belt

Bring out a range of Cody-branded pregnancy tests, kitchen foil etc.

4. west42

west42 Brown Belt

One word-neck tattoos

5. effervesciata

effervesciata Purple Belt

I think he's marketable, but he hasn't quite found his image yet. He's shown a willingness to establish some sort of persona, but it's basically just imitating Conor at this point.

6. Fight Professor

Fight Professor Gold Belt

Well, immitating Conor but adding a personal touch is the way to go in the UFC.

7. GrandNegus

GrandNegus Orange Belt

He came off great at the post fight press conference, I think Cruz just got the best of him in the verbal exchanges so it made him seems worse than he actually is at speaking. I think he'll do fine.

8. Irishwhiskey119

Irishwhiskey119 Banned Banned

He's acted like a douchebag in a lot of situations. He's a good dude to his family and the sick kid etc. but he's still a bone head and will dbag it up when the cameras are off. He's not the best speaker either but he does have a look you can market.

9. Clutch Kyrie

Clutch Kyrie Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Market the whole maddux thing, it will make up for his lack of intelligence but I think he can become a solid 500k buyrate fighter if marketed well.