How should the UFC push Cody?

KB Warrior

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think Cody put himself in a strange place promotionally last night because he came into the fight with a bit of a douche bag image but didn't keep it after. He was a guy that was easy to hate with his dude bro speech patterns and short temper. Then when he brought the kid out and gave him the belt it made me think Cody is not that bad. I didn't start to like him though I just became indifferent and indifference is promotional cancer.

He has the look (young, handsome, muscled, tats, etc.) but he can't talk like Conor. When he talks its either very basic responses or its cringeworthy nonsense. He likely isn't going to be able to keep his rep as a KO artist fighting the best of the best since the top manlets bounce around the cage like a monkey on crystal meth.

So how should the UFC market him if he can't be a bad guy and he can't be a dominant KO artist?

Bring out a range of Cody-branded pregnancy tests, kitchen foil etc.

I think he's marketable, but he hasn't quite found his image yet. He's shown a willingness to establish some sort of persona, but it's basically just imitating Conor at this point.

Well, immitating Conor but adding a personal touch is the way to go in the UFC.

Market his looks. Don't let him talk.

He came off great at the post fight press conference, I think Cruz just got the best of him in the verbal exchanges so it made him seems worse than he actually is at speaking. I think he'll do fine.

He came off great at the post fight press conference, I think Cruz just got the best of him in the verbal exchanges so it made him seems worse than he actually is at speaking. I think he'll do fine.

He's acted like a douchebag in a lot of situations. He's a good dude to his family and the sick kid etc. but he's still a bone head and will dbag it up when the cameras are off. He's not the best speaker either but he does have a look you can market.

Market the whole maddux thing, it will make up for his lack of intelligence but I think he can become a solid 500k buyrate fighter if marketed well.

Back