How screwed is Mcgregor if Khabib has a Iron jaw?

Iron chin mostly applies to shots you see coming. Iron chin is really that split second ability to brace for impact.

Khabib will be only be put out if Conor can surprise him with a clean shot.

Khabib has a huge head, which is a good indicator that he has a solid chin.

This is a very tough fight for McGregor.

Yeah true and how did that work out for Mendez...... Let me guess....short camp...would have won if he had longer than 5minutes to train...the usual bullshit.

your missing the whole point, kahbib is much stronger, bigger and has way better wrestling and grappling then mendez. Whether a longer camp would've made a difference is irrelevant because that fight is over and done with.

the point is if mendez can take conor down, kahbib will do it with ease like throwing a rag doll around. Also Kahbib has the weight and strength to hold conor down, pretty much everyone who's fought kahbib can't get him off once he's there, and by the time they do he's worn them out so much constantly moving and keeping pressure and pace that they tire.

Conor is coming off a 2 year lay off, he's only fought at LW once, and it ended early....we don't even know if he can go 3 rounds nor 5 rounds in a title fight. Your also talking about Kahbib who's gonna relentlessly take his opponents down, tiring them out to the point there striking doesn't hurt and kahbib just has his way and dominates with his grappling/wrestling.

Conor only wins by hittting him with a solid strike of some type with enough force to wobble or drop kahbib so he can go for the finish...other than that there's no reason to be doubting that once kahbib gets conor down that conor isn't going to scramble back to his feet like he did against mendez...kahbib is a beast compared to mendez.

I think it's reasonable to expect Conor's striking to have improved since his foray into boxing. He will be a better striker and better conditioned. That's my expectation anyway.

your missing the whole point, kahbib is much stronger, bigger and has way better wrestling and grappling then mendez. Whether a longer camp would've made a difference is irrelevant because that fight is over and done with.

the point is if mendez can take conor down, kahbib will do it with ease like throwing a rag doll around. Also Kahbib has the weight and strength to hold conor down, pretty much everyone who's fought kahbib can't get him off once he's there, and by the time they do he's worn them out so much constantly moving and keeping pressure and pace that they tire.

Conor is coming off a 2 year lay off, he's only fought at LW once, and it ended early....we don't even know if he can go 3 rounds nor 5 rounds in a title fight. Your also talking about Kahbib who's gonna relentlessly take his opponents down, tiring them out to the point there striking doesn't hurt and kahbib just has his way and dominates with his grappling/wrestling.

Conor only wins by hittting him with a solid strike of some type with enough force to wobble or drop kahbib so he can go for the finish...other than that there's no reason to be doubting that once kahbib gets conor down that conor isn't going to scramble back to his feet like he did against mendez...kahbib is a beast compared to mendez.
Look dude, no offense meant at all but Khabib and Mendez are not the same and i wouldn't classify Khabib as just "a wrestler". Mendez has a brilliant double leg Khabib doesn't, Mendez has much better stand up and has great power, power enough to hurt people on the feet, Khabib doesn't (i have yet to see it). Also Alvarez is bigger than McGregor (not taller but bigger frame) and i would say is very comparable in strength to Khabib. On the ground Khabib is fantastic but everywhere else he is very weak and tbh if i was a betting man i'd bet that McGregor's ground game is far better than Khabib's stand-up. He stands there throwing slow sloppy punches that don't carry much power all the while his chin is up in the air. He has that same chin up nonsense that Ferguson has which is begging to be tagged and my guess is it will, repeatedly.

Look dude, no offense meant at all but Khabib and Mendez are not the same and i wouldn't classify Khabib as just "a wrestler". Mendez has a brilliant double leg Khabib doesn't, Mendez has much better stand up and has great power, power enough to hurt people on the feet, Khabib doesn't (i have yet to see it). Also Alvarez is bigger than McGregor (not taller but bigger frame) and i would say is very comparable in strength to Khabib. On the ground Khabib is fantastic but everywhere else he is very weak and tbh if i was a betting man i'd bet that McGregor's ground game is far better than Khabib's stand-up. He stands there throwing slow sloppy punches that don't carry much power all the while his chin is up in the air. He has that same chin up nonsense that Ferguson has which is begging to be tagged and my guess is it will, repeatedly.

thats why i said conors only chance is by tagging kahbib with a hard clean strike, whether by leg or hand, enough to wobble or drop him and then go for the finish.

If kahbib gets ahold of conor and gets him to the ground, conor is going to have a hard time getting up. Kahbib has the strength, size and mass to hold him on his back, and conor wastes all his energy trying to get to his feet with kahbibs relentless pace, he's going to gas and the fight will end with kahbib winning.

Look what happened when conor gassed against diaz, and got taken down easily by nate and choked out, he had no td defense, no ground game to counter nates, and conor will not have a good enough ground game to submit kahbib nor will he be able to stop kahbib from staying on top, if conor gets tired from being on his back, kahbib is going to gnp him out because he won't defend or win a 5 round decision, once conor has no stamina his punches won't do sh!t to kahbib....conor only wins this fight if he catches kahbib in round 1 or round 2.

Don't forget conor has only fought at lw once, and won early....who knows with a 2 year lay off, if he can even go 3 rounds at 5 min, needless to say 5 rounds with a guy who easily takes his opponents down and mauls them to the point they can't do squat, conor has only a stand up chance, all his other aspects of mma are completely useless against kahbib, he has no td defense, no wrestling, no submission skills, and doesn't know what to do when he's on his back, if kahbib gets him down conor will have a long night fighting where he's least comfortable, conor is only winning this fight in the stand up....all kahbib has to do is be able to eat the first shot the conor counters when he goes for his TD, if that punch doesn't stun or wobble him and he's able to get the TD successfully without visually being affected by the punch on the way in, conor is screwed.

And were not comparing the styles or differences between mendez and kahbibs wrestling, not sure why you brought that up it means nothing to me. The point is kahbib is stronger, heavier, bigger, and his style of TD's and grappling has been no match to anyone, its not about who has the better double or single, plain and simple Kahbibs ground game is light years ahead of mendez, go watch all there fights from both fighters and then come back and tell me which one is mauling there opponents, and putting them on there back having them not being able to do anything much to get back up. I mean if you want to judge on single and double td's, go watch an olympic wrestling match this is mma and in terms of comparing who's ground game is better, kahbib wins hands down.

Last edited:
thats why i said conors only chance is by tagging kahbib with a hard clean strike, whether by leg or hand, enough to wobble or drop him and then go for the finish.

If kahbib gets ahold of conor and gets him to the ground, conor is going to have a hard time getting up. Kahbib has the strength, size and mass to hold him on his back, and conor wastes all his energy trying to get to his feet with kahbibs relentless pace, he's going to gas and the fight will end with kahbib winning.

Look what happened when conor gassed against diaz, and got taken down easily by nate and choked out, he had no td defense, no ground game to counter nates, and conor will not have a good enough ground game to submit kahbib nor will he be able to stop kahbib from staying on top, if conor gets tired from being on his back, kahbib is going to gnp him out because he won't defend or win a 5 round decision, once conor has no stamina his punches won't do sh!t to kahbib....conor only wins this fight if he catches kahbib in round 1 or round 2.

Don't forget conor has only fought at lw once, and won early....who knows with a 2 year lay off, if he can even go 3 rounds at 5 min, needless to say 5 rounds with a guy who easily takes his opponents down and mauls them to the point they can't do squat, conor has only a stand up chance, all his other aspects of mma are completely useless against kahbib, he has no td defense, no wrestling, no submission skills, and doesn't know what to do when he's on his back, if kahbib gets him down conor will have a long night fighting where he's least comfortable, conor is only winning this fight in the stand up....all kahbib has to do is be able to eat the first shot the conor counters when he goes for his TD, if that punch doesn't stun or wobble him and he's able to get the TD successfully without visually being affected by the punch on the way in, conor is screwed plain and simple.
Fight wise it's not really a 2 year lay off though is it, he did fight last year and had a full training camp and cardio enough to go 10 rnds. It's also just not about Khabib being able to eat one on the way in and if he does then the fight is basically over...MMA isn't usually as simple as "run over there grab him, take him to the floor and the fight is over".

People forget or at least, don't give enough credit to McGregor for destroying some of the best fighters in the game because he did it so quickly and made it look so easy. Instead they call it a fluke or in Alvarez's case it wasn't that McGregor was brilliant it was "Alvarez had the wrong game plan, if he just did this and this and that he would have won". Nate was the best, he was the best thing since Fedor when he beat McGregor the first time but as soon as he lost, he was a fucking bum, so was Alvarez... you get the picture. The point is You don't beat these caliber of people consistently by luck , you do it via will, determination, skill, dedication and sure, throw in a sprinkle of luck as well. McGregor is just as good and maybe even better than it says on the tin, doesn't mean he won't get mauled and submitted but i think he is a much better fighter than Khabib and will win even if he gets taken down.

And then he got finished in the second round. Your point? Khabib couldn't even ragdoll a short notice replacement in 5 rounds.

Finished in the second because he had a two week notice with no fight camp. Amazing how dominant a little guy with no fight camp was in that fight.

Can imagine Conor hitting kebab with his biggest shot and when the eagle keeps marching forward Conor thinks ‘oh shit, it’s happening again’

Finished in the second because he had a two week notice with no fight camp. Amazing how dominant a little guy with no fight camp was in that fight.

Right, it had nothing to do with Conor destroying his body.

Did Aldo gas in 13 seconds too?

<36>

We're pretending Khabib doesn't liek to stand?
Michael Johnson already rocked him.
I know khabib is a great fighter, but some of ya'll be reaching hard.

Says the guy pretending khabib will stand with conor, you the one reaching hard. Khabib a wrestler.

As a Conor fan I'm pretty concerned about that, even if Conor lands Khabib is like 40% head and has the facial structure of an early human, he might eat punches all day long and keep coming.

I was gonna say that. Even current Mayweather who has better head moomen than anyone in MMA by a country mile gets tagged. Khabib would have to be a prime Floyd Jr. or RJJ to avoid getting tagged completely.

Floyd seem like he wasn't even trying. If Floyd tried as hard as when he tried dodging pac, Conor wouldn't even touch him.. Floyd never used his entire defensive arsenal vs Conor..

Back