How quickly history gets re-written. Compilation of people who picked Alvarez to expose Conor

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by PROlogic, Aug 15, 2018.

  1. PROlogic Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2017
    Messages:
    3,009
    Likes Received:
    0


    Hmm. Doesnt that all sound so familiar?

    Just replace the word Alvarez with Khabib and it's the same song and dance we are heading currently lol

    When will people ever learn to stop doubting the king !
     
  2. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2007
    Messages:
    39,249
    Likes Received:
    2,042
    Location:
    Bluffton, SC
    Conor

    Why do so many people have such a hard time dealing with the fact that he is a great fighter? What exactly is the problem? If you think that he has not proven it, you are simply wrong.
     
  3. GODZILLA213 Genocide Revised

    Joined:
    May 27, 2007
    Messages:
    3,399
    Likes Received:
    29
    Location:
    Minnesota
    I can't believe some people pick heads when tails is clearly going to win every time.
     
  4. LockardTheGOAT Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2017
    Messages:
    9,077
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ya'll really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is, do you?
     
  5. Tuf_guy Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2006
    Messages:
    18,040
    Likes Received:
    90
    Location:
    The Meteoric Rise
    Very good that this was explored.
     
  6. BRASIL WAND ▓▓▓AMERICAN TOP TEAM▓▓▓

    Joined:
    May 22, 2007
    Messages:
    19,819
    Likes Received:
    7,239
    Location:
    Inside ATT's one and only Main Academy
  7. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2007
    Messages:
    39,249
    Likes Received:
    2,042
    Location:
    Bluffton, SC
    I guess you did not watch the video. Because everyone obviously does not know that LOL. In fact legions of people don’t know that.
     
  8. cambo78 Silver Belt

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2006
    Messages:
    11,574
    Likes Received:
    316
    Location:
    Yonkers, New York
    Wasn't the consensus on here that Alvarez was a dead man? I don't recall too many picking Eddie.
     
  9. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2007
    Messages:
    39,249
    Likes Received:
    2,042
    Location:
    Bluffton, SC
    I do. The same amount right now picking against Conor McGregor this time. He is going to get worn down, beat up, gas out. Heard it all before.
     
  10. PROlogic Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2017
    Messages:
    3,009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Brenden Schuab: "If you think Conor is going to run Conor over you don't know anything about MMA"

    Exact same thing is being said today

    "If you think Conor runs over Khabib you don't know MMA"
     
  11. PROlogic Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2017
    Messages:
    3,009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Btw, why was this thread wastelanded? That's non sense.

    It's entirely relevant to today (Conor vs Khabib) and how people are saying the same things all over again

    If my thread was wastelanded then by the same logic any threads about any past fights should never be allowed

    There are some real Conor hating mods on this site

    What's up with that @Peteyandjia ?
     
  12. UnshavenRaven White Belt

    Joined:
    May 23, 2008
    Messages:
    139
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Westmorland, CA
    Remember when people were claiming Dustin Porier was gonna destroy Conor, because Conor had never fought a "top 5 featherweight" before. People always tend to have a really crappy short term memory. And they always discredit a great fighter after they lose to Conor.

    That being said though, let's not get it twisted... Khabib is a very, very dangerous man. Gonna be a great battle!
     
  13. green giant Honor still means something................

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2006
    Messages:
    7,524
    Likes Received:
    59
    Location:
    In the air
    People don't like his attitude. I don't like some things he says and don't like his arrogance but he is entertaining, smart and has charisma. So I like certain things about him and don't like other things. I think he takes Khabib.
     
  14. kingghidrah Green Belt

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2016
    Messages:
    984
    Likes Received:
    274
    The true delusion was the legion of Conor fans who honestly thought he would beat Mayweather.

    Maybe thinking Alvarez would beat Conor was stupid -- especially in retrospect, once Conor had won easily -- but thinking Conor had a prayer against Mayweather was true insanity at any point in time.
     
  15. Alpha_T83 Black Belt

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2016
    Messages:
    5,906
    Likes Received:
    101
    Hahaha, great video.

    So many people doubt Conor. It's not that Khabib can't win -- he can, but he needs to fight a perfect fight. Conor can end it with one punch, but Khabib needs to land at least one takedown every round. It might not be so easy for Khabib to take Conor down... Conor's movement is very good, and he's not going to be just standing there to clinch.
     
  16. Newave Green Belt

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2016
    Messages:
    1,053
    Likes Received:
    0
    And that happened all before.

    F6A19E9B-67ED-483A-8336-50CA84B05C2C.jpeg

    9A15CE2E-439B-4AB8-B7F3-5FBEA62351E8.jpeg
     
  17. Dbreiden83080 Andle My Riddum

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2007
    Messages:
    39,249
    Likes Received:
    2,042
    Location:
    Bluffton, SC
    Aldo
    Eddie
    Chad

    These three men alone we’re all supposed to kick his ass. 9-1 in the UFC won 2 belts. He has fought superior competition to his opponent as well. Conor can actually say that he won the legitimate belt. Khabib can’t.. Words can’t describe how lucky he was Tony got injured.
     
  18. Newave Green Belt

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2016
    Messages:
    1,053
    Likes Received:
    0
    Why are you preaching to me? Lol. Are you trying to sell me something? Conor fans are SO weird, every discussion about a particular thing turns into a monologue about how great Conor is.

    I agree with you, he’s a bad ass, one of the best lighter weight fighters in the history of mma. But he has weak spot, and the thing you mentioned about people noting his potential to gas, get worn out and beaten down is a very real possibility for him in any fight with a game opponent who has the skills or chin to get past the first couple of rounds with him. This is not myth, we’ve actually seen it happen, so if you’re a logically thinking person who can’t tell the future, you need to consider that possiblilty in this fight. Whether you put that at a 25% likely chance or 75% likely chance is up to each individual.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.