How quickly can Lorenz Larkin get to a title shot vs Lawler

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hes looked great at WW, hes an exciting finisher. UFC should be building him up at WW

I think he has potential top 5 talent at this weight class, would love to see him fight Stephen Thomson or Tarec Saff next, then maybe the winner of Gast vs Matt Brown, then a #1 contender slot if he wins though 2

He was Lawlers last definitive loss outside of Hendricks, would love to see a rematch between the 2 at WW

Hopefully this rematch can happen before Lombard comes back and destroys the whole division in route to his title

Yeah, three progressively bigger wins should be enough.

I do like the idea of champions avenging previous losses.

Yep, Lombard coming for that title. Larkin vs stun gun. Then vs a top 10 opponent.

Yeah, three progressively bigger wins should be enough.

I do like the idea of champions avenging previous losses.

not a la Chuck/Horn though. That was a bit of a stretch for me.

they screwed up giving condit the shot. that was hendrick's shot. imagine larkin vs condit.

1 Johny Hendricks
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Matt Brown
6 Demian Maia
7 Dong Hyun Kim
8 Tarec Saffiedine
9 Stephen Thompson
10 Rick Story

The top 5 is brutal and I just don't see him breaking into it. 6-10 I can see him potentially winning those fights. I think Neil Magney would be a good fight to see where he is at.

Sure he has a chance a fight is a fight but I don't see him beating Thompson, MacDonald (depending how he handles the damage he took of course) or Gastelum. Let him fight Means or Masvidal next, should be fun.

Last edited:
they screwed up giving condit the shot. that was hendrick's shot. imagine larkin vs condit.

dumb idea. would rather see lawler fight someone one -condit- and hendricks fight someone new -woodley- luckily, thats what happened.

I love Larkin, but he's not ready for that yet. He's still got plenty of time, idk if I see him breaking the top 5. WW is one of, if not the most competetive weight class right now. If he keeps training, and progressing (maybe work his ground game and TDD) and maybe... just maybe he could do it. Anyways, I'm a fan and know he always brings it and makes it an exciting fight.

dumb idea. would rather see lawler fight someone one -condit- and hendricks fight someone new -woodley- luckily, thats what happened.

I agree with you 100% I'm very happy with the matchmaking. I really hope Condit brings it, this has FOTY written all over it if they both are on point.

If he wins his next fight he will be the GOAT.

yea hes awesome at ww.

i remember seeing him make his first cut to 185 and thought to myself.. finally this guy will have a chance now.. shit, now that hes at ww he is certainly in top 10 area.. what a great move.

even if he wont become champ, he STILL HAS A W OVER THE CURRENT WW CHAMP and will be putting on some awesome exciting fights.

I love Larkin, but he's not ready for that yet. He's still got plenty of time, idk if I see him breaking the top 5. WW is one of, if not the most competetive weight class right now. If he keeps training, and progressing (maybe work his ground game and TDD) and maybe... just maybe he could do it. Anyways, I'm a fan and know he always brings it and makes it an exciting fight.

funny to me.. hes not ready.. yet he has win over the current champ... but yea, not ready lmao

not a fluke win either.. lawler would have to adjust his gameplan to beat lorenz

I'd say he's about 2-3 wins away, depending who he fights. I think he'd need a top 10 finish and a top 5 win, probably have a fighter that's in the top 15 for an opponent before that though. There's just a slight pecking order right now and he's going to have to make some noise to get those fights, I think he will do well.

Lombard is still a monster in the division. There is nobody he can't beat [Except NSAC].

Back