Opinion How popular is Trump right now in the US?

Yeah, it is possible to find some middle ground. It seems like a lot of people think someone has to be Jesus or Hitler.

Hmm, what's the argument here? Republicans can never possibly get more votes because there are too many people in CA and NY and therefore we need to have a system that gives the presidency to the candidate who gets fewer votes? That seems too stupid for anyone to believe, but I'm not seeing another way to read your comments. If your view is that Republicans should control the presidency regardless of their popular support, why even bother having elections? Just to provide sham legitimacy? Also, no, in the last 130 years, the system has only failed to place the popular vote winner twice--in 2000 and 2016. And going back further, Harrison and Hayes were Republicans, too (John Quincy Adams was a Whig).

My pre-2016 position was that obviously only an idiot would say that the EC is good, but that it didn't really seem to matter much since the popular vote winner almost always wins it anyway. Theoretically, it can swing either way, and partisan advantage shouldn't matter in this kind of thing (the EC is indefensible regardless of your leaning), though, but Republicans these days do not care about things like reason and values.

As the EC stands, it's a case of WINNING THE STATE.

Those that have more votes in a state, win that state. And more often(try "always"), the Liberal Candidate ends up winning those two states (California and New York). Each state that's won constitutes a number of Electoral votes given as a result of that win.

What *you* want is a simple Majority vote overall and while, in theory, it makes sense....the Reality is what I pointed out earlier : Those states with the highest and Most Dense Populations (California and NY) will always provide the determining number of votes for the election of a President while the other states' votes will be simple window-dressing (ie. The other states could all vote for a Republican, for example, yet we still end up with a liberal if all the votes coming from Cal and NY are a vote for the Democrat).

Sorry but you are in the minority in this as the EC *IS* an absolutely FAIR system.

(of course, you'll more than likely disregard this post like you've disregarded the others...I don't know why I even bother responding)

Last edited:
What gave you that impression? {<huh}

Trump is fickle imo. He’s also old. Rising up to become president seems like some sort of bucket list conquest for him in a way to me. Also being POTUS has to be a big pain in the ass for a guy who could just kick back the rest of his life without that kind of stress -especially with the ‘been there done that’ piece of mind.

But who knows. I could see him walking away from it tho and adding another controversial ‘I did it my way’ narrative. ‘I never lost the election, I decided not to run’ just seems like such a Trump move..

Trump is fickle imo. He’s also old. Rising up to become president seems like some sort of bucket list conquest for him in a way to me. Also being POTUS has to be a big pain in the ass for a guy who could just kick back the rest of his life without that kind of stress -especially with the ‘been there done that’ piece of mind.

But who knows. I could see him walking away from it tho and adding another controversial ‘I did it my way’ narrative. ‘I never lost the election, I decided not to run’ just seems like such a Trump move..

Trump may be a lot of things but I don't think he wants to add "Quitter" to those things. He'll tough it out, get re-elected, do another 4 years of dealing with Liberal and Fake Media bullshit, then "drop the mic" and say "Peace out" in 2025.

Trump may be a lot of things but I don't think he wants to add "Quitter" to those things. He'll tough it out, get re-elected, do another 4 years of dealing with Liberal and Fake Media bullshit, then "drop the mic" and say "Peace out" in 2025.

He should retire and say fuck you, fuck us, fuck it. No one like him should have to deal with the bullshit he's been put through. Too bad he can't nuke the media.

tumblr_pk569fthGM1qh2wt5_540.jpg

tumblr_pk569gR1DN1qh2wt5_540.gif

He should retire and say fuck you, fuck us, fuck it. No one like him should have to deal with the bullshit he's been put through. Too bad he can't nuke the media.

The gov't should murder reporters who cover stuff that the president wants to keep secret? Just gotta shake my head at the moral and intellectual collapse of the right today.

He so popular that he has been the single biggest news story world wide for the last three years running.

He's approaching 'most famous person of all time' territory.
....but for the wrong reasons.

As the EC stands, it's a case of WINNING THE STATE.

Those that have more votes in a state, win that state. And more often(try "always"), the Liberal Candidate ends up winning those two states (California and New York). Each state that's won constitutes a number of Electoral votes given as a result of that win.

What *you* want is a simple Majority vote overall and while, in theory, it makes sense....the Reality is what I pointed out earlier : Those states with the highest and Most Dense Populations (California and NY) will always provide the determining number of votes for the election of a President while the other states' votes will be simple window-dressing (ie. The other states could all vote for a Republican, for example, yet we still end up with a liberal if all the votes coming from Cal and NY are a vote for the Democrat).

Sorry but you are in the minority in this as the EC *IS* an absolutely FAIR system.

(of course, you'll more than likely disregard this post like you've disregarded the others...I don't know why I even bother responding)
The EC isn't a fair system because all the votes in a state that doesn't go towards a winning candidate, simply doesn't count in the general election of the President. If we simply go by popular votes every single vote from every voter counts the same regardless of their location. I have no idea why you mention California and New York but don't mention Texas which always goes Republican and has a far bigger population than NY does. The problem with the EC is that the 4.5 million votes Trump received in California meant absolutely nothing in the election, it was as if he got 0 votes from California. The EC is garbage and doesn't allow every individual vote to matter.

I won’t be surprised if he gets reelected. The Democrats are all over the place and unless they organize and pick the right candidate they will lose again.

The EC isn't a fair system because all the votes in a state that doesn't go towards a winning candidate, simply doesn't count in the general election of the President. If we simply go by popular votes every single vote from every voter counts the same regardless of their location. I have no idea why you mention California and New York but don't mention Texas which always goes Republican and has a far bigger population than NY does. The problem with the EC is that the 4.5 million votes Trump received in California meant absolutely nothing in the election, it was as if he got 0 votes from California. The EC is garbage and doesn't allow every individual vote to matter.

No. The EC isn't a fair system in your eyes because the person YOU wanted to win....DIDN'T win.

It's called sore-loser'ism.

I've already explained my rationale in other posts but you want to make shit up into an argument that fits your crack-reasoning against the EC. That is about as pathetic as that clown who posted an entire FAKE Conversation earlier.

Sorry vengeful, but the EC, bottom line, isn't going anywhere.

So keep on crying for Hillary. (oh! Want a tissue?)

No. The EC isn't a fair system in your eyes because the person YOU wanted to win....DIDN'T win.

It's called sore-loser'ism.

I've already explained my rationale in other posts but you want to make shit up into an argument that fits your crack-reasoning against the EC. That is about as pathetic as that clown who posted an entire FAKE Conversation earlier.

Sorry vengeful, but the EC, bottom line, isn't going anywhere.

So keep on crying for Hillary. (oh! Want a tissue?)
lol it's not fair cause it's not fair, and I despise Hilary even more than I despise Trump. At least the Trump admin gives a hilarious shitshow to view. I have no clue why you dorks assume when someone doesn't like Trump that means they like Hilary.

I didn't say it was going anywhere you dork, I just pointed out that it's unfair and why it's unfair. It's a silly system but of course the US is going to stick with it, just like the 14th Amendment isn't going anywhere but I see plenty of right-aligned posters on here wanting Birthright citizenship removed.

lol it's not fair cause it's not fair, and I despise Hilary even more than I despise Trump. At least the Trump admin gives a hilarious shitshow to view. I have no clue why you dorks assume when someone doesn't like Trump that means they like Hilary.

I didn't say it was going anywhere you dork, I just pointed out that it's unfair and why it's unfair. It's a silly system but of course the US is going to stick with it, just like the 14th Amendment isn't going anywhere but I see plenty of right-aligned posters on here wanting Birthright citizenship removed.

"dork".

Let me guess : You're still in high-school. <Jaime01>

But anyway, the EC *is* Fair 'cause it gives other states that are not NY and California a say in who becomes President instead of just those two states. I am tired of repeating this FACT to you and to anyone else like Jack Savage.

Even some of the Liberals here agree that the EC is fair. See Trotsky(for example).

Saying that "it's not fair cause it's not fair" basically proves my point that you're just upset Hillary lost (I call bullshit that you despise Hillary; otherwise, you wouldn't be here complaining about the Electoral College in the first place)

"dork".

Let me guess : You're still in high-school. <Jaime01>

But anyway, the EC *is* Fair 'cause it gives other states that are not NY and California a say in who becomes President instead of just those two states. I am tired of repeating this FACT to you and to anyone else like Jack Savage.

Even some of the Liberals here agree that the EC is fair. See Trotsky(for example).

Saying that "it's not fair cause it's not fair" basically proves my point that you're just upset Hillary lost (I call bullshit that you despise Hillary; otherwise, you wouldn't be here complaining about the Electoral College in the first place)
So Texas which has a larger population than NY by about 10 million people wouldn't have a say in who becomes President but NY would? How does that work again? I'm curious as to your logic about this because I'm dumbfounded trying to rationalize such a stance.

Your appeal to authority does nothing to move me, because Trotsky agrees with you, I should also?

Not american but glad he's in power

It mean no Hillary backing retard EU

Trump can do no wrong as long as SJWs, the media, and shithole countries keep trying hard.
Majority of America holds their nose at Trump, but about 30% of the country shares a brain with idiots like this.

356049.jpg

Translation : The Electoral College is a disaster for those who voted for The OTHER Candidate that lost. #SoreLoser #SourGrapes #UMad?

Nothing to see here.

The EC is FAIR and CONSTITUTIONAL.

Bringing up Trump's past comment as a Private Citizen doesn't mean shit.

Back