How pissed will Dana be if......

Aldo finishing Conor would not be anti-climactic. It just wouldn't be the climax that the UFC brass would like.

Anti-climactic would be a repeat of Aldo vs Korean Zombie. Lackluster fight ending in an injury.

Conor has already done his job. I'll bet UFC already knows that Conor is going to look silly when Aldo whoops his ass like untrained monkey. Fact is that this is their best play since if Conor has to fight against top contenders he will lose and hyped tittle bout is lost.

But Cain was a proven champ with an injury.

The way I played it out would be a Kimbo Slice esque loss.

Kimbo was a freakshow attraction. He had 3 fights at the time and his biggest win before the Petruzelli fight was against a 43 year old Tank Abbott. Conor is an actual martial artist. If Aldo wins quickly it doesn't automatically make Conor out to be a fraud in the same way Kimbo was exposed. Conor has been fighting for a while, he was a former two division champion in a legit organization, he's beaten legitimate UFC talent...saying it will be Kimbo esque? That's ridiculous.

It would be more like Aldo vs Cub. Aldo destroyed him quickly (sort of like the scenario in the OP). If Cub did beat Frankie and had fought Aldo again no one would have an issue with that, because Cub is a top 145er and has proven it. Conor would just have to do the same. He'd get a chance to work his way back. That's how the fight game goes.

Happened with the first Cain vs JDS fight, on the Fox debut. They're still the biggest draws in their division.

How big do you think the odds of that happening are?

An athletic guy like Conor wont be caught in a submission while he still has his full explosiveness, and his cardio seems to be awesome so by the time he's tired enough to be submitted he'll be slippery... As an eel!

I don't know why "fans" on sherdog seem to be fantasizing about all sorts of weird scenarios where Aldo tries to make it into a grapplingmatch, why aren't you fuckers just happy he's finally done facing wrestlers and ready to go out striking like the junglethug Jose truly is!!!

Once the tickets are sold and the PPV's are bought, he won't care that much.

How big do you think the odds of that happening are?

An athletic guy like Conor wont be caught in a submission while he still has his full explosiveness, and his cardio seems to be awesome so by the time he's tired enough to be submitted he'll be slippery... As an eel!

I don't know why "fans" on sherdog seem to be fantasizing about all sorts of weird scenarios where Aldo tries to make it into a grapplingmatch, why aren't you fuckers just happy he's finally done facing wrestlers and ready to go out striking like the junglethug Jose truly is!!!

TS is fantasizing about Conor losing and then getting cut a la kimbo slice. Conor may very well lose and maybe it's quick. But he's not going anywhere

I get that they're are a bunch of trolls, but tons of people believe in this guy. If they all of a sudden don't care after he loses, that just speaks volumes to hownfickle they are.

Of course people don't live and die by his career, who lives and dies with anyone's career? Point being, McGregor fans truly believe, but if he loses I bet they'll play it off like, "oh well", but in reality they can't stand the fact that he's not the " GOAT" lmao.....

What if he becomes the GOAT? Serious question. How the hell do u know whats in store for him? u cant tell the future. The GOAT talk NOW is silly but what IF he beats Aldo? What IF he runs through a seemingly unbeatable opponent like Aldo?

What IF he then beats mendez and frankie?The goes up beats pettis?

Seriously, what then? i'll be waiting for a smart ass answer but the betting alone has him close with Aldo so beating him according to odds makers isnt that high.

The fact is nobody knows how good Mcgregor is, hes an unknown quantity. Cub is ranked 4 and he dropped a round against Siver,Conor fucking beat him like he was swatting away a fly.

Who fucking knows what is going to happen, nobody!

Back