How pissed will Dana be if......

TdotK

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Aldo takes Conor down within seconds, and taps him out? Not saying this will happen, but can you imagine this anticlimactic finish for all the buildup?

Dana can't even say something like, "Conor did an excellent job for someone that's never faced elite competition yet. He has a bright future."

The post fight reactions on Sherdog would be legendary.

"Omg, that was such bullshit. Aldo should've let Conor try out some spinning shit on him! I want my money back!"

I don't think he would be too happy

Probs call Aldo #1 p4p and say Conor will be back.. give GOAT 2-3 winnable fights with a wrestler thrown in to show improvements and have a rematch

He won't be pissed, they already made big bucks.

Probs call Aldo #1 p4p and say Conor will be back.. give GOAT 2-3 winnable fights with a wrestler thrown in to show improvements and have a rematch

OK, but what if when he takes him down, he eats a bunch of heavy shots, and gives his back up? How much worse would that look for Conor?

It would look like Rashad/Chael.

"How did this one dimensional guy get a title shot?"

OK, but what if when he takes him down, he eats a bunch of heavy shots, and gives his back up? How much worse would that look for Conor?

It would look like Rashad/Chael.

"How did this one dimensional guy get a title shot?"

No one will care. Will say Aldo is a beast and move forward and hope more people want to watch Aldo in the future.

No one will care. Will say Aldo is a beast and move forward and hope more people want to watch Aldo in the future.

Yeah, because his fan base is fickle, and never put real stock into him.

If no one cares after, that just proves he was a fad, and no one really thought he was the truth.

8ece105554322c19f6ff669be76db3ed.gif

Yeah, because his fan base is fickle, and never put real stock into him.

If no one cares after, that just proves he was a fad, and no one really thought he was the truth.

Whatever it means to you. Think most just want to be entertained.

Need a gif of Dana reluctantly strapping the belt around Cain's waist.

Whatever it means to you. Think most just want to be entertained.

A lot of people Conor to win so bad, and by them not caring afterwards, it just proves they didn't really have stock in him. That's my point.

I doubt most are on the fence on this fight.

1st round tap out within seconds is entertaining, or embarrassing as hell for Conor?

I'm sure he'd love to have McGregor be the champion, but the PPV will do good numbers. Aldo will be a bigger star then he ever was before, maybe just maybe McGregor will have a Chael effect if he loses. And Aldo becomes a bigger PPV draw like Anderson was.

At that point the PPV's been sold. Money's been pocketed, there's always another kid to fool the (m)asses of fans they have.

Could Aldo's career earnings actually be higher if Connor wins and becomes a megastar for the division?

I'm sure he'd love to have McGregor be the champion, but the PPV will do good numbers. Aldo will be a bigger star then he ever was before, maybe just maybe McGregor will have a Chael effect if he loses. And Aldo becomes a bigger PPV draw like Anderson was.

Chael never had the skill set to be a transcendent fighter. He was just a bad matchup for Silva. Conor potentially can be a transcendent fighter.

I don't think his hype is as comical as Chaels (yes, people do laugh at him), but more so, people truly believe he is the next MMA superstar.

If he loses, his schtick isn't the same as Chael's.

Back