How pissed off is Wonderboy right now?

I hope not. He's deserving of a shot but he'll get it soon once all these distractions from the rankings are done in WW. Jacare and Aldo in same boat.

Dont count on Jacare getting one Yoel is back and by the time the Hendo joke is over they will have both or either Rockhold and Weidman "ready" for a shot.

.... gloves which make applying a RNC and other chokes difficult and the fact everyone is bloody naked and greased. ...

the hand in the crook of your elbow or behind the guys head? Gloves don't eliminate the leverage point they just make it effective at a different spot. I always see that as an excuse for BJJ not working as well in MMA and think that it's a cop out or people don't understand the range the choke and other NeWaza can b applied with.

Thompson has used his Kempo Karate IQ to advance himself in training the MMA specific rule set. Wiedman pounds the snot out of him on a regular basis as all great Martial Artists do to increase their skills, man if there wasn't so much drug addiction cheating and grappler favoring rule rigging u'd see so many more high level arts in MMA....

That Yair Rodriquez v Alex Caceres fight was an example of how well TKD movement trained with the specific rule set of MMA can be. As one of my old arts( in my mid 20's along with HS wrestling and Judo in my late teens), I've always seen the mobility as a huge counter to the rushing in single/doubles that I use 2 drill and see MMA has been so stagnated with.

the hand in the crook of your elbow or behind the guys head? Gloves don't eliminate the leverage point they just make it effective at a different spot. I always see that as an excuse for BJJ not working as well in MMA and think that it's a cop out or people don't understand the range the choke and other NeWaza can b applied with.

The gloves come more into play when hand fighting is concerned while attacking someones back. Its really easy for the defender to lock down a gloved hand. Much easier for the attacker to win the hand fight with bare hands.

man if there wasn't so much drug addiction cheating and grappler favoring rule rigging u'd see so many more high level arts in MMA....

Again i'm not sure what rules you mean that favor grapplers? Are you talking about scoring?

That Yair Rodriquez v Alex Caceres fight was an example of how well TKD movement trained with the specific rule set of MMA can be. As one of my old arts( in my mid 20's along with HS wrestling and Judo in my late teens), I've always seen the mobility as a huge counter to the rushing in single/doubles that I use 2 drill and see MMA has been so stagnated with.

I actually thought the Rodriquez vs Caceres fight was a bad example of integrating TKD for the most part. He just spammed a bunch of high amplitude techniques with poor setups and really poor accuracy. It was also a pace that couldn't realistically be kept for a 5 round fight and slowed down a lot because those techniques are so explosive. I think its a good argument that Yair needs to better integrate his TKD with more conventional MMA striking.

I agree that movement is crucial for these fighters and can be better than any sprawl in avoiding the TD though. I like Thompson a lot so I am not trying to discredit him or his style.

Thompson has used his Kempo Karate IQ to advance himself in training the MMA specific rule set. Wiedman pounds the snot out of him on a regular basis as all great Martial Artists do to increase their skills, man if there wasn't so much drug addiction cheating and grappler favoring rule rigging u'd see so many more high level arts in MMA....

And don't forget Stephen's brother in law is one of the finest BJJ instructors in the world. Granted the distance limits the time he can train with Carlos but he's trained with him for years.

No it's not! Karate training deals with TDD in it's real non American form. MMA is not a word that can co opt every style that defends against grounding. 95% Karate training with 5% TDD is NOT MMA. MMA tries to attach itself for publicity to the Martial Arts while not being a martial art. MMA is sport with little skill. Martial Art's that compete in MMA are that parent art with the addition of MMA specific training. It is adapting an art to a set of rules that has been the corner stone of MA since it's inception.

MMA training is a mix of basic techniques determined by the rule set. It has very little complexity and zero master level accomplishment. MMA is watered down effectiveness to be dependent on bound wrists, padded gloves, padded floors and wire fences to push opponents against but they can NOT grab giving the obvious advantage to first BJJ, then wrestlers. Outside of those carefully chosen parameters it is useless!....
But fun to watch with guys like Kempo Shodan Thomson mopping up the ineffective goofy MMA stylists field.
Yeah but you're like mixing

The martial arts

Together and stuff

So it's like mixed

Yeah but you're like mixing

The martial arts

Together and stuff

So it's like mixed
Yet again, it's not like Karate(derived from Okinawan origin) doesn't have TDD. It's only the watered down American incomplete versions u all r use to that don't. This nonsense "mixing" myth is purely an American fantasy because you're use 2 such poor quality MA. There are legit lineage teachers that immigrated to the States that teach the complete systems, but they're not marketing machines like the Gracie's and because of their 8 to 10 years Uchidechi live in student training tend to draw the dedicated and in many cases will still only teach those who show them elevated potential. They pick their students, rather than "mixed" MMA schools who will take money from anyone to teach their elementary level "style" too.

So no it's not mixed, it's seeing whole complete systems regain their original forms. Take Judo, Kano Sensei south out and was taught Tenjin Shin'yo-ryu Jujitsu and after his teacher died was passed the official lineage qualification(Something Americans have zero knowledge about). He went on to train more "mixed" forms of Jujitsu before founding the Kodokan where he brought other lineage arts into his Kano Ju Jitsu(KJJ)

the original forms of Jujitsu splintered into in today's terms. Throws Judo, Ground fighting, BJJ Wrist locks Weapons Disarming, Aiki JJ, Aikido, Striking, Okinawan Kempo(and other forms), Shotokan.

If any of those modern arts drill TDD they are practicing an element of their original form, not "mixing" as clueless Americans have been lulled into stupidly believing.

MMA has solidified it's "form" Boxing, MT, BJJ, Wrestling. That's what trainers, commentators and fighters have been saying for over 10 years. If u train the simplified version of those sports you are a "mixed" martial artist. If you have formal ranking in a legit lineage Martial Art, and train some MMA you are training the specific ruleset focused area of MMA. Not watering down that legit Martial Art.

Get it, or r u 2 dumb to understand beyond what the pay per view shouts @ u?

Yet again, it's not like Karate(derived from Okinawan origin) doesn't have TDD. It's only the watered down American incomplete versions u all r use to that don't. This nonsense "mixing" myth is purely an American fantasy because you're use 2 such poor quality MA. There are legit lineage teachers that immigrated to the States that teach the complete systems, but they're not marketing machines like the Gracie's and because of their 8 to 10 years Uchidechi live in student training tend to draw the dedicated and in many cases will still only teach those who show them elevated potential. They pick their students, rather than "mixed" MMA schools who will take money from anyone to teach their elementary level "style" too.

So no it's not mixed, it's seeing whole complete systems regain their original forms. Take Judo, Kano Sensei south out and was taught Tenjin Shin'yo-ryu Jujitsu and after his teacher died was passed the official lineage qualification(Something Americans have zero knowledge about). He went on to train more "mixed" forms of Jujitsu before founding the Kodokan where he brought other lineage arts into his Kano Ju Jitsu(KJJ)

the original forms of Jujitsu splintered into in today's terms. Throws Judo, Ground fighting, BJJ Wrist locks Weapons Disarming, Aiki JJ, Aikido, Striking, Okinawan Kempo(and other forms), Shotokan.

If any of those modern arts drill TDD they are practicing an element of their original form, not "mixing" as clueless Americans have been lulled into stupidly believing.

MMA has solidified it's "form" Boxing, MT, BJJ, Wrestling. That's what trainers, commentators and fighters have been saying for over 10 years. If u train the simplified version of those sports you are a "mixed" martial artist. If you have formal ranking in a legit lineage Martial Art, and train some MMA you are training the specific ruleset focused area of MMA. Not watering down that legit Martial Art.

Get it, or r u 2 dumb to understand beyond what the pay per view shouts @ u?
I get that you call boxing and wrestling inferior martial arts.

So ain't nothing gonna get done here. Anyone that uses karate in MMA? A mixed martial artist. We ain't out here defending karate takedowns

And yeah I get you, like combat Sambo they incorporate everything but people don't use a lot of that.

Last edited:
He's breaking every single piece of furniture in his living room right now.

[smull1]<27>

is that the same guy who lost to matt brown?

The same :) He wants to fight the guy who was killed by Marquardt and doesn't want to be jumped by a guy who tapped by strikes to Serra.

Back