How pissed off is Wonderboy right now?

I'm not even a GSP fan, but this is an understandable situation to get skipped over in.

Though I'd grab a mic and say something like "I can't wait to wax the ass of whatever pussy wins this fight." Put the pressure on them and make sure you get your money/title shot.

Wonderboy is a mixed martial artist. Get over it. Karate + wrestling + BJJ = MMartist
Like all the Chines Kung Fu and Japanese Karate Ryu didn't have grappling and wrestling, LOL! Americans think it's all horse stance straight punching, LOL! Keep drinking the dumb dumb American Kool Aid. Karate kicks MMA's butt!

Yep pretty ridiculous a combat karate/kickboxing guy with no wrestling background and no BJJ belt can jump into MMA and completely dominate. Crushes the myth wrestlers decide where the fight takes place.
It's not like u don't have to train a ton of TDD. Stories are Weidman punishes Thompson in training rounds, but that's what's making him so good at his defense now. I was kinda late to MMA, around 2004 but I always was reffering back to HS wrestling days and screaming "Can't u see the TD coming and defend?" It took so long for guys to not look like young dudes bum fighting. I think it was Machida's neutralization of Ortiz's TD how he'd step back and pivot to avoid the incoming attack when it started to look like more calculated technique rather than sprawling and ending up on the ground anyway.

He seems pretty chill. I doubt he's pissed.

Seems more like Tyron is pissed about what Wonderboy said before the fight.

if GSP were to beat Tyron, GSP vs Wonderboy would be a great opportunity anyways.

Everyone needs to be more flamboyant now if they want to actually get a title shot after earning a title shot

He should change his name to "Das Wunderboy" and start acting up

A2NjUjv.gif

What kind of dad brings his son to this?

He will get his shot. He knows this. He will surely get the winner of GSP and Tyrone Lannister. Don't you agree? I heard he wants the bastards to fight it out and then come in for clean up.

If maia somehow beats condit
Then he deserves the title shot

is that the same guy who lost to matt brown?

Correct me if i'm wrong but that guy who lost to matt brown did ask for robbie lawler, so the guy that lost to matt brown should fight lawler next.

Its amazing how people forget things some times. Do you remember that fight? Brown just laid on Wonderboy the hole fight. It was a hugs fest. Just like Hendricks did it to Condit. And in his next fight Wonderboy used the same game to win his next fight just to prove that he could do that. Matt Brown was smart to take advantage at the time. Now that he evolved in his wrasslin hes a scary fight for anyone.

I find it hilarious that the guys who didn't earn their shots by any sane rationale (Bisping and Woodley) are somehow picking their opponents and both seemingly getting to defend against non contenders when there are multiple legit contenders I place.

Bisping Ducks:
Weidman
Jacare
Rockhold

To fight geriatric non top 5 realistically top even top 10 Hendo who is 3-6

Woodley Ducks

Wonderboy - 7 fight streak and beat two #1 ranked fighters in a row in dominant fashion (both were #1 at the time he fought them)

Condit - who many feel beat Robbie and should have been champ

Maia-

To call out Nick Diaz who has been suspended for 2 years and hasn't won a fight in what 4 years? (Over the corpse of BJ Penn) and is unranked

GSP - retired, not ranked currently, hasn't fought in years

The UFC is a joke, a circus and a far cry from a legit sporting organization, which is not news, but lately they have taken it to a level beyond absurdity. Interim title fights while the champ in that division is perfectly healthy and fighting a month later or on the same card in a different weight class.... Title shots for unranked fighters with viable contenders healthy and ready to go... Fighters popping and getting replaced with other known PED users.... Ridiculous

I prefer GSP goes to LW and WB gets title shot. But Woodley did the callout, if GSP said no Sherdog would go nuts talking down on him.

if a brown belt judo dude is teaching you and schooling you (thats why hes teaching you I have to say) after 6 years of bjj, then you really really should think about changing gyms, I mean like for real.

When we roll together we're actually pretty evenly matched. But as I said my training has been almost entirely no-gi up to this point and when we roll we're both wearing a gi. I'm pretty sure I'd destroy him no-gi. So what I've been learning from him is mostly gripping, lapel chokes, etc.

As far as guard work and escapes go I'm usually the one schooling him. Every time I've gotten into a dominant position I've been able to tap him. He does outweigh me by about 25 lbs and is definitely stronger than me so I am working at a bit of a disadvantage.

I can assure you the instruction at my current gym is excellent, it's one of the top gyms in Philly. Wilson Reis used to be the head BJJ instructor before I started training there. However I've only been training at that gym for 2 years or so and I'll admit the two gyms I trained at before this one weren't the greatest.

When we roll together we're actually pretty evenly matched. But as I said my training has been almost entirely no-gi up to this point and when we roll we're both wearing a gi. I'm pretty sure I'd destroy him no-gi. So what I've been learning from him is mostly gripping, lapel chokes, etc.

As far as guard work and escapes go I'm usually the one schooling him. Every time I've gotten into a dominant position I've been able to tap him. He does outweigh me by about 25 lbs and is definitely stronger than me so I am working at a bit of a disadvantage.

I can assure you the instruction at my current gym is excellent, it's one of the top gyms in Philly. Wilson Reis used to be the head BJJ instructor before I started training there. However I've only been training at that gym for 2 years or so and I'll admit the two gyms I trained at before this one weren't the greatest.

k, that understandable, Ive dropped the gi quite sometime ago so I can understand your position.

Lemme drink some more coffee and get really revved up....Just bummed that Thomson isn't getting a title shot right away. I know Karate with a few years of punishing TDD training is better than MMA, Thompson is ready to prove it. It looks like the UFC is scared to let him!
Karate with TDD IS MMA training, so............

Karate with TDD IS MMA training, so............
No it's not! Karate training deals with TDD in it's real non American form. MMA is not a word that can co opt every style that defends against grounding. 95% Karate training with 5% TDD is NOT MMA. MMA tries to attach itself for publicity to the Martial Arts while not being a martial art. MMA is sport with little skill. Martial Art's that compete in MMA are that parent art with the addition of MMA specific training. It is adapting an art to a set of rules that has been the corner stone of MA since it's inception.

MMA training is a mix of basic techniques determined by the rule set. It has very little complexity and zero master level accomplishment. MMA is watered down effectiveness to be dependent on bound wrists, padded gloves, padded floors and wire fences to push opponents against but they can NOT grab giving the obvious advantage to first BJJ, then wrestlers. Outside of those carefully chosen parameters it is useless!....
But fun to watch with guys like Kempo Shodan Thomson mopping up the ineffective goofy MMA stylists field.

No it's not! Karate training deals with TDD in it's real non American form. MMA is not a word that can co opt every style that defends against grounding. 95% Karate training with 5% TDD is NOT MMA. MMA tries to attach itself for publicity to the Martial Arts while not being a martial art. MMA is sport with little skill. Martial Art's that compete in MMA are that parent art with the addition of MMA specific training. It is adapting an art to a set of rules that has been the corner stone of MA since it's inception.

MMA training is a mix of basic techniques determined by the rule set. It has very little complexity and zero master level accomplishment. MMA is watered down effectiveness to be dependent on bound wrists, padded gloves, padded floors and wire fences to push opponents against but they can NOT grab giving the obvious advantage to first BJJ, then wrestlers. Outside of those carefully chosen parameters it is useless!....
But fun to watch with guys like Kempo Shodan Thomson mopping up the ineffective goofy MMA stylists field.

Thompson has been shooting double leg TD's and cage walking in his fights.. he is using plenty of other tools from other disciplines at this point. Also I disagree that rules give advantage to grapplers (more specifically BJJ artists) over strikers. The stand ups for any inactivity, gloves which make applying a RNC and other chokes difficult and the fact everyone is bloody naked and greased. It's basically the worst case scenario for BJJ (minus knives, guns, grenades blah blah)

Back