How pissed off is Wonderboy right now?

Poor wonderboy, he has a better Win streak than anyone at that weight honestly his last 3 wins are more impressive than lawler last 3,
Man how the fuck did Woodley even get a shot , he deserves to be champ seeing as he KO'd the champ but how the hell did that opportunity pass over maia and thompson

UFC=WWE that simple! Plus Thompson makes everything MMA said about it's superiority look like embarrassing BS for the last 25 years. There's less than 10 really skilled Martial Artists in MMA he's 1 so basically 9 real fighters and the rest just work the rules(lay'n'pray is the worst) with little real skill.

Thompson came from hokey Chuck Norris lead Fight League and made MMA look like amateurs. The UFC has 2 protect it's myth to keep generating the $$$, so it can't have a "Karate Kid" come and smoke it's so called best fighters that quickly and easily. Unfortunatly for MMA it means that anyone with 3 years TDD drilling from any other full contact could come in and smoke their whole weight division to the top. Pretty pathetic and a huge threat to a franchise. Imagine if Nieky Holzken(Dutch Kickboxer) drilled 3 years of TDD and basic Blue belt grappling? He'd smoke everyone in his UFC division.

The PED cheat infested UFC is running scared of guys like Thompson and don't want the Karate Kid to de throne their mythical best fighting style fantasy!

Damn I wanted 2 see Thompson fight Lawler for the technical approach to fighting a glorified bar brawler! Christ Lawler couldn't even last a round on Sat! Sad!

Yep pretty ridiculous a combat karate/kickboxing guy with no wrestling background and no BJJ belt can jump into MMA and completely dominate. Crushes the myth wrestlers decide where the fight takes place.

Lemme drink some more coffee and get really revved up....Just bummed that Thomson isn't getting a title shot right away. I know Karate with a few years of punishing TDD training is better than MMA, Thompson is ready to prove it. It looks like the UFC is scared to let him!

Wonderboy is a mixed martial artist. Get over it. Karate + wrestling + BJJ = MMartist

Wonderboys reaction to GSP getting the next title shot:

failexplosion.gif~c200

Unfortunately for Thompson this is no longer the UFC that I grew up on, being the best fighter is no longer as relevant to ensure you get the proper fights.

Guy was all set up for a title shot before GSP responded to the call out. Double down on on the fact he's friendly with Tristar, and Thompson isn't terribly young...GSP vs Thompson seems weird, also. Too much wholesome.

He's probably pissed and with good reason - but things change quickly in mma. GSP maybe jumping the cue, but if GSP beats Woodley he'll be next in line for that big money fight provided he keeps winning himself. It could all work out for him.

He shouldnt have said he would be fighting Lawler next. Should have just kept his mouth closed and waited for the winner of the fight. Now he can have his wish and fight Lawler

So if you say you want to fight the champion, but make the mistake of saying the champion's name instead of just the "champion" - you are then disqualified from fighting the new champ even though you are the no. 1 contender. That's a pretty stupid line of argument, don't you think?

I don't know the guy so I don't have access to him. I suppose I could find his email to ask him but i'm too concerned with Connor and how he wins and what if he fought someone else and what if he had won against Nate or what if he fought Nick instead or does his beard hinder him or does he listen to Bjork while in Iceland...

He has only fought 3 top fighters.. and they are Brown, Hendricks and Rory, He got beat and dominated by Brown, and the other 2 were good wins.. he needs to beat more top 5 guys.. 2 more big wins then a title shot I think
By that logic so did Woodley as does Khabib, Ferguson, Jacare, Overeem, I guess nobody deserves a shot.

People have done less than Wonderboy and gotten a shot, how is that fair?

It's not.

And I'm pretty sure Ellenberger was top 10 when he beat him too, for the record.

I mean shit, how many top contenders have beaten 4 out of the top 5 in the division before they got a title shot?

Last edited:
GSP is the only fighter in the world that has a legitimate reason to step ahead of Wonderboy for a titleshot.

Just be glad it wasn't Nick Diaz.

Maybe GSP will actually come back this time because all the blue balls teasing is fucking annoying.

Another fight?

Why? Should he clean the WW division to get a TS over a guy most think is not the best guy in the division?

Wonderboy has beaten former champ in Hendricks, perennial top 3 Rory and top 10 Jake Ellenberger.

I like GSP just as everybody else but Thompson is the clear cut number 1 contender at WW.

Of course he earns the title shot more than anyone else in the division. The only thing is money, the UFC is looking for super fights with big potential ppv's.
I will not be surprised if GSP gets a title shot straight with his comeback, if he's really coming back. In that case, Thompson has to wait till next ww title fight, GSP or woodley. If Thompson doesn't want to wait, because it can take a while for a next shot, he might come in the choice for another fight. Of course if risky fight, risk in the way of losing the no 1 contender spot.
Might be unfair, but as i said, it's about the money.

I've heard the "GSP is coming back talk" too many times before. I don't think that WB should write off that title shot just yet.

I want to see Thompson fight Nick Diaz before he gets the shot. Needs that fight to be considered a legit contender.

Did Wonderboy sign up to be the promoter too?

Guy deserves a shot.

Blame Bisping vs hendo. Far worse example than this.

If the ww champ wants to fight the ww goat, then we should celebrate thst happening. Thompson can get another contender win to solidify his shot after Georges.

Bisping fighting Henderson is silly, gsp-woodley at least makes sense. Thompson should chill out if he is indeed pissed

He has no right whatsoever to be pissed. This is what happens when you only make money fights and throw the rankings out the window. How is Wonderboy any different than Hendricks before him?

This is nothing new.

Back