How pissed off is Wonderboy right now?

Right place, wrong time for Wonderboy. GSP retired champ and was one of the biggest PPV draws ever and they are about to debut in MSG. There was literally only one person who deserved the fight over him, and he just happened to come out of retirement. Really shitty for Wonderboy but I 100% get why they're likely going with GSP

EDIT: And if Wonderboy wants to sit out and wait to face the winner, the UFC should absolutely let him do that. He's done more then enough to earn the a shot

If he doesn't read Sherdog he will be fine.

Guy was all set up for a title shot before GSP responded to the call out. Double down on on the fact he's friendly with Tristar, and Thompson isn't terribly young...GSP vs Thompson seems weird, also. Too much wholesome.

Nothing is written but wonder boy should be next but given Henderson 4th gift shot ufc can't count.

is that the same guy who lost to matt brown?

Correct me if i'm wrong but that guy who lost to matt brown did ask for robbie lawler, so the guy that lost to matt brown should fight lawler next.

LOL I agree bud. Thomson is currently my favorite fighter to watch and has definitely earned that shot.

I've been training mma (BJJ, MT and Judo mostly) for about 6 years now but come from a karate and TKD background so I love seeing similar TMA disciplines working against modern mma.

If the UFC paid better I think we'd see a lot more crossover athletes from other combat sports. It's unfortunate.

EDIT: the only counter argument to yours is a guy named Uriah Hall. I really had high hopes for that guy as he's probably the best striker in mma after wonderboy.
Love me the Judo! I'm from a Judo/wrestling HS Collage then TKD/Kboxing into my late 20's background. I dabbled in BJJ and get how great it is because u can train against resisting opponents in joint locks and not end up in the ER. It helps with realism in the other disciplines. I think Kosan Judo covers 3/4ths of what you get for NeWaza in BJJ but keeps the killer TachiWaza standing throwing as well. Watch some friggin Nieky Holzken clips Holzken v Daniels 1 near the end of the fight. His had combo's r crazy good, the guys striking is mind blowing. So fast and accurate. Those Dutch dudes r Beast!

He should know, its all about who talks louder now a days and making lots of money. GSP equals lots of money. lol. I don't want to see GSP come back at all and would rather have the real fight, woodley vs wonderboy

He shouldnt have said he would be fighting Lawler next. Should have just kept his mouth closed and waited for the winner of the fight. Now he can have his wish and fight Lawler

Without the confirmation that GSP will come back for sure, Wonderboy is still next in line. I don't believe UFC will give it to Nick Diaz. If the GSP does get the fight I would advise Wonderboy to do the same as Woodley; sit and wait for your shot and don't accept another fight.
The difference with doing that is Woodley was actually promised a titleshot. No one has said anything to Wonderboy about a title shot. If Gsp were to fight Woodley and Woodley won I could see Condit jumping Wonderboy if he beat Maia especially if its a finish

Wonderboy should just ask for Nick Diaz, hell beat the living shit out of diaz, make some good money (certanly way more than vs Woodley) and name recognition.

There is zero chances nick beats him, is a win win fight for him.

Has to get the shot. Give GSP some freakshow fights

Wonderboy earned the first shot.

Everyone else get the fuck back in line, especially you GSP. GSP lost to Hendricks after stealing a REALLY one sided decision which made NO SENSE what so ever, and is a notorious lay and pray cheater.

Fuck him, make him right Rory if he comes back before anything.

Love me the Judo! I'm from a Judo/wrestling HS Collage then TKD/Kboxing into my late 20's background. I dabbled in BJJ and get how great it is because u can train against resisting opponents in joint locks and not end up in the ER. It helps with realism in the other disciplines. I think Kosan Judo covers 3/4ths of what you get for NeWaza in BJJ but keeps the killer TachiWaza standing throwing as well. Watch some friggin Nieky Holzken clips Holzken v Daniels 1 near the end of the fight. His had combo's r crazy good, the guys striking is mind blowing. So fast and accurate. Those Dutch dudes r Beast!

Thanks man I'll check it out!

Yep, like I said I've been training BJJ for around 6 years now (almost all no-gi though so I'm not ranked) but one of my buddies is a high level Judo brown belt competitor and has never trained BJJ but still teaches me new ground techniques pretty regularly.

That's why I've always said that if your #1 priority is learning self defense for the street judo complimented by boxing/kickboxing is the way to go. You'll learn most of the ground fighting techniques BJJ offers from judo but also get the throws which would obviously be devastating in a street fight.

No doubt Wonderboy is the clear cut number 1 guy. But if GSP is coming back to hold a title he has to understand GSP going to get the nod. He is the only guy you can make an argument for.

Plus I don't think Wonderboy vs Woodley would sell well on PPV but I could see them doing it on FOX event if GSP doesn't come back or waits longer.

Everyone needs to be more flamboyant now if they want to actually get a title shot after earning a title shot

He should change his name to "Das Wunderboy" and start acting up

A2NjUjv.gif

If Thompson is Das Wunderkind, who's the Disco Inferno?

image.gif

Last edited:
Back